New S4

ub7rm

Reaction score
Looks like I've bought a dealer stock S4 avant.

Wasn't expecting to change for a good few months but the dealer phoned me up out of the blue offering me a straight swap with my 2 year old b8.5 with the same monthlies.

Though the car is not as I would spec it I decided to go for it as I'll avoid the tax hike. Couldn't face paying 500 a year for tax. Plus my car needs new tyres and brakes and a service soon so changing now will save me at least a grand over the next few months.

Spec is pretty much standard, white with 18s, privacy glass and red calipers. Oh and magma seats!

Will miss the b&o I've got and would have loved the matrix and VC - but both the led lights and dash are still a step up from what I've got so it's not all bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Brasso, Keef and 4 others
Sounds similar to what I've got coming pics when you get it haha

Looks like I've bought a dealer stock S4 avant.

Wasn't expecting to change for a good few months but the dealer phoned me up out of the blue offering me a straight swap with my 2 year old b8.5 with the same monthlies.

Though the car is not as I would spec it I decided to go for it as I'll avoid the tax hike. Couldn't face paying 500 a year for tax. Plus my car needs new tyres and brakes and a service soon so changing now will save me at least a grand over the next few months.

Spec is pretty much standard, white with 18s, privacy glass and red calipers. Oh and magma seats!

Will miss the b&o I've got and would have loved the matrix and VC - but both the led lights and dash are still a step up from what I've got so it's not all bad.

Look forward to pics. When you collecting?

Pictures don't do it justice, like Thundercliffe says - its a different animal to the outgoing model. Will give some thoughts later

Reactions: NevMan, BarryG79, Bristle Hound and 9 others
Beautiful, the right colour too.
And those seats !!!

Kinda makes me want to forgo all the sugar coated options that I don't really need to get on quicker.

Reactions: ub7rm
The seats are amazing, the colour is a little more subtle than the pictures suggest as well. They are softer than the B8.5 supersports.

Being a dealer stock car I had no chance to change the spec or options, I would have liked the VC matrix lights and B&O sounds but not to be. That said the 'standard' dash is pretty nice, there are not a lot of photo's of it going about (everyone is taking photo's of their 'fancy' VC). There is a 3D effect which doesn't come across well in photo's - the tacho and speed sit forward of the main screen.

Whilst the *** is actually very good - its not B&O and I will miss that.

The sounds this car makes is very different - its much angrier, tones of the old VR6 in there.

The handling is like chalk and cheese - this car is so much more confidence inspiring.

The engine / gearbox combo is great, I was afraid a turbo plus tiptronic vs the supercharger and S-Tronic wold be a soft and laggy. Not a bit of it! Just as ferocious from a standing start as the outgoing model and the midrange is stronger.

I must say no photo's I've seen do the interior justice, there are a lot of nice textures and details you have to see and feel to appreciate.

I'm delighted I made the switch!

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Brasso, Dave70 and 2 others
Looks lovely can't wait for my saloon now :) I've got them wheels and was worried I wouldn't like them and want the 19s but I think they work well with the white.

Reactions: Brasso and ub7rm
Agreed, they do work well with the white. I've never thought they look good in photo's but in real life they are nice.

Also having had 19's on the outgoing car I'm quite happy with 18's from a ride and handling point of view. The outgoing car had better handling on the 18" winter wheels than the 19's!

Reactions: Nath.S4
Dash looks great, I've tried out the VC and looking at your pic. Not entirely sure I'd spec it if I had to add the tech pack too.
Since the tech pack is standard though, that's a different story.

Reactions: Brasso and ub7rm
Pictures don't do it justice, like Thundercliffe says - its a different animal to the outgoing model. Will give some thoughts later

Mate, this is stunning. Well happy for you. The magma works so well. Especially with the white and the red calipers. I've noticed myself turning the B&O down just to hear the engine note more tbh. And the central graphics are very nice actually. It's just the outgoing A7/A6 tech which is very very nice in its own right. Seen a new Daytona S5 coupe today!

Reactions: ub7rm and Keef
Looks awesome, love that seat colour! Wish I had it in mine :s4addict:

That looks amazing, colour combinations go really well and the red leather suits the white exterior. Nice one!

That white and those wheels are a match made in heaven!!

Mine just moved into QC so it's looking good for early March delivery!

Enjoy your new motor and thanks for sharing!

D

Reactions: Brasso

Very nice. Wheels look great with the white and the seats are fab.

Having now had vc for two months I could happily live without out. I'm not missing the b and o from my s3 either the *** is great and as thundercliffe said turn it down and listen to the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ub7rm - Great looking S4 Avant. Congrats!

Reactions: ub7rm and Brasso

Car looks awesome in white with red interior. Enjoy!

Reactions: ub7rm
Well 800 miles in and on its first proper jaunt down a dual carriageway it scared the **** out of me a couple of times by violently lurching about when I hit a couple of bits of rough surface. Turns out the ****** tires were blown up to 3.6 bar! Somewhat embarrassed by this (mostly annoyed actually) I put the firmer ride down to a more sporty set up than the b8.5. Although its obviously a lot better now I still noticed it wanted to pull a bit on rough bits. Hmm...

And it kept telling me about not having a sim card.

Reactions: Nath.S4
Well 800 miles in and on its first proper jaunt down a dual carriageway it scared the **** out of me a couple of times by violently lurching about when I hit a couple of bits of rough surface. Turns out the ****** tires were blown up to 3.6 bar! Somewhat embarrassed by this (mostly annoyed actually) I put the firmer ride down to a more sporty set up than the b8.5. Although its obviously a lot better now I still noticed it wanted to pull a bit on rough bits. Hmm...

And it kept telling me about not having a sim card.

Other than this you enjoying it so far ?

Any front end pics ? Mine has got to dealer and missing the black pack so wondering what it looks like :)

Picked mine up tonight. Love it!

It's filthy now - maybe some pics tomorrow :)

Reactions: Keef, Thundercliffe81, Buck and 1 other person
Other than this you enjoying it so far ?

Any front end pics ? Mine has got to dealer and missing the black pack so wondering what it looks like :)

Its pouring with rain, I'll see if I can oblige you tomorrow!

Other than that... I miss the S tronic box actually. In dynamic / sport the new box is just as fast, but in normal pootling about mode its not as quick to react to changes in behaviour. I don't mind that the gear changes themselves are a bit slushier than the s tronic in this mode but say you're cruising along and decide to pick up a bit of speed it will take a perceptible delay to react to what your foot does then hum down a gear and hum back into the gear you've just left a few seconds later. Its like you caught it napping.

Once the box is 'on it' though its very good. A very minor gripe in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Nath.S4
I love the tip and find it way easier going than the s-tronic. Feels a lot smoother and faster to me too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk