New S4 - Still no order number

Ad72

Reaction score
Placed an order for a new S4 saloon on 1st May and I'm still waiting for an order number and expected delivery date. When I ordered my S3 I had an order number within a week. Has anyone else ordered an S4 in the last few weeks and not received an order number. Have spoken to my dealer and they say they are waiting for a build slot and no order number will be generated until a build slot is available?

My dealer said the same when I placed the order but I did receive the order number a week later

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Ad72
MY order number took over two weeks to get to me officially. My salesman is awesome and gave it to me early when he probably shouldn't have as the build date wasn't locked in. I think that's what they'll usually wait for.

Reactions: Keef and Ad72
Got mine the day I ordered but it was already on the system, had a choice of 3.
Maybe live chat Audi CS if you're worried
But suspect they'll say it's due to model year changeover etc.

With all these new S4s been orders maybe the dealer has filled there allocation so has to wait!?

Reactions: Daggerit
Still heard nothing from the dealer so toady I sent an e-mail asking if I could in theory cancel the order without penalty as no number or delivery date had been issued. I got an order number e-mailed back in minutes. According to the on line tracker it's due to be built July 3rd. How long normally from build week to delivery?

Reactions: 5pot
3-4 weeks usually. Your bw will probably jump around so may move forward

Reactions: Ad72 and Spaceman_RS3