New S4 Ordered

Si Jar

Reaction score
Evening all, was a member here some years ago but lost my login so starting afresh.
Recently ordered an new S4 Avant to replace my outgoing Golf R estate.
Spec as follows:
Daytona Grey with red magma seats
Black pack
Privacy glass
Folding mirrors
Vision pack
Carbon atlas interior
19" Titanium look wheels
Quattro sports diff
Red brake calipers

Delivery is scheduled for June /July.
Managed to get 17.5% discount off list price.
Couple of questions;
any views on the ABT AS4 upgrade, I'm trying to get clarification about how it may affect the 3 year Audi warranty, has anyone gone this route? I know there are cheaper options and would consider Burger JB4 but the ABT offering is a appealing being main dealer fitted.
I've gone go for the black pack but would like the silver / aluminum mirror covers, dealer has quoted £300 per side! any cheaper option for OEM ?
Many thanks
Simon

Can’t offer any help, but I can agree that the black pack on all S products should keep the silver wing mirrors. It’s like taking the spots off a leopard.

I seem to rembering hearing somewhere that ABT modifications (I assume through some deal) don’t affect your Audi warranty.

However the easiest way is to email Audi and/or ABT and get clarification in writing. I’d also be curious to know.

Thank you for the replies, I've already requested clarification from the supplying dealer so will let you know the outcome.

Pretty sure your loose the Audi warranty for affected parts and abt effectivly warrant those hence there really high price for tunning

Afaik the ABT warranty only applies outside the UK. Mad but there you go.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jsmills
Hi Simon,

That looks a great configuration, and very similar to what I am specifying.

Looked to model this with the Audi Configurator, but think things have slightly changed from when you ordered your car. I can't seem find the Vision Pack as an available option on the Audi S4 Avant in the Configurator today. But doing the same specification manually (Audi Code AMMZKU1B) comes out with the following price:

Basic Price: £45,965
Optional Equipment: £3,445
Price: £49,410
ROTD: £50,925

With a 17.5% discount applied to Price: £40,763.25 (assume that can't be applied to Vehicle Excise Duty!)
ROTD Price (post discount) : £42,278.25

My I ask whether this is an outright purchases, or a PCP, and if a PCP would you be kind enough to share the figures you achieved?

To the group as a whole:
  1. Is the discount (dealer contribution), total price you pay for a car influenced by whether it is an outright purchase or a PCP?
  2. What is the typical achievable discount for a PCP on a Audi S4 Avant (I've seen others mention 10.5%)?
  3. With Audi, do you find that new car PCPs are typically lower APR that nearly new, and is it the case that sometimes new cars of the same spec are actually cheaper on PCP than nearly new (say 5,000 miles) on equivalent spec.

I'm just starting my research, and trying to work out what is a good deal so appreciate any insights.

Cheers,

WarwickBoy

Hi, no problem figures below, took a bit of pushing and timing worked being the end of the financial year.
For my specification as listed above;
£52545 list OTR
£43,344 discounted OTR
= £9201 discount ( including the £3150 deposit contribution available until the end of last month) with PCP & 3.2% APR
The Vision pack was available when I placed my order a couple of weeks ago but has now been dropped.

Hi @Si Jar car sounds awesome. Do you remember your previous user name?

Hi Sandra, can't remember my original username as it was changed when I was a site sponsor for a bit, that username was Wax Attack

Hi Sandra, can't remember my original username as it was changed when I was a site sponsor for a bit, that username was Wax Attack
Simon, I can merge your wax attack account with this one if you like?

To the group as a whole:
  1. Is the discount (dealer contribution), total price you pay for a car influenced by whether it is an outright purchase or a PCP?
  2. What is the typical achievable discount for a PCP on a Audi S4 Avant (I've seen others mention 10.5%)?
  3. With Audi, do you find that new car PCPs are typically lower APR that nearly new, and is it the case that sometimes new cars of the same spec are actually cheaper on PCP than nearly new (say 5,000 miles) on equivalent spec.

I'm just starting my research, and trying to work out what is a good deal so appreciate any insights.

Cheers,

WarwickBoy

1, Yes PCP has a bigger contribution from Audi Finance. You can take the discount and pay off the fianance in full if needed. If no finance taken it can add a few thousand to price

2, I think last quarter 17% was achievable, probably still is

3, Audi play games with the APR some models e.g A8 (about 2%)have much lower APR than more popular models e.g. Q5 (about 6%). I find compared to nearly new ex demos etc, it’s generally cheaper to buy new. I think only after 6 months old does it start to make sense.

If you can handle the saloon over Avant, you won’t run a new S4 for 2/3 years cheaper than the current lease deals that are on at the moment.

Good luck.

Thank you Jsmills. That is very useful information. I've also noticed (with BMW) that APR is nor consistent across the range, and (in my view) less popular models like the 6 series get lower APRs (sometimes 0%).

My observation is also that nearly new S4s generally come out around the same or more as brand new. I guess some people just can't wait the 2-3 months for a new car.

I am looking at the S4 Avant rather than the saloon as replacing a BMW 520D. I'm not clear what you mean by ", you won’t run a new S4 for 2/3 years cheaper than the current lease deals that are on at the moment."? Are you saying that the lease deals around today are historically good just on the S4 saloon, or referring to running costs. Hope you can clarify.

Cheers,

WarwickBoy

Lease deals on the S4 saloon are very good at the moment. Unfortunately not so for the Avant.

As DohNut said, saloon is being pushed at the moment. It's working out just under £10k for 2 years 20K Miles.

Audi's website puts the GFV @ £22600 @ 2 Years 20K, so at that you'd need to buy a new one for around £32600. In fact it's better than that as the lease price includes finance interest and RFL for the term.

Deals seem to be disappearing from some websites so probably about finished, its been running a week or two.

C13B6569 E371 47EE A8A9 2D5D00CC319F
Confirmation today that my S4 Avant has arrived at the dealers, detailer booked for next Friday for full pdi clean and Gtechniq coatings, had the same when I collected my TT a few years ago, for me it's worth every penny to get it protected from day 1.
Can't wait until the 15th

Reactions: cuke2u and Keef
What do you recommend as a good protection for between £500-£700. GoT my S4 coming in Ictober and want to start off right

I'm going for Gtechniq on mine too but my advice would be to go and have a chat with a detailer and see what they offer/recommend.

Reactions: TameAutumn
0953781A 27DB 4FE6 8FF4 CD247BFB2138
Car is all ready for collection tomorrow, Andy from ABC detailing just sent me some pictures after he finshed, looking forward to tomorrow!!

Reactions: cuke2u, scotty76 and Spaceman_RS3