New S4 Order

Had mine in for a ‘winter protection’ package at the detailer. Photos the detailer did
A5750CDE 0D3A 4895 AE78 E117466AE027
6A428D65 9428 486C 81D1 56CC3CF22494
0FB6310E 382B 403C B106 ED6D5420FF21
BC0116A1 514D 4047 89EF ED0ADA789B88
31570A3F 8E8F 454E 884C A66A52D0C901
567D3C45 5BAD 461A B0F9 2E26CC1C0059
F409CA85 5E37 4AA5 9F9D 0F681D0B13D6

Reactions: Despretine, NevMan, Spaceman_RS3 and 9 others
just an update after 3 weeks of ownership. So far have done just over 450 miles and am still loving the car and averaging mid 20s mpg. my daily commute is only 2 miles to work so mpg was always going to be bad, but doesn't bother me as gone from doing 60 miles a day to 4. :) The matrix lights are good, only used the auto main beam once as not really needed to use it in a town driving.

One thing that was odd was the next oil change was blank for a few weeks and then last week it changed to needing a oil change in 9,200 miles or 364 days. so does that mean the dealership have changed me to yearly servicing? the inspection service is showing the normal 2 years...

Not taken it over 5k rpm yet as bedding everything in. but still puts a smile on my face when you do get about 3k rpm. So that is good. Was worried the noise and fun wouldn't be the same as thr RS4 but so far i am happy. Do miss the V8 but the V6 noise is almost a match.

Gave the car its first wash and was so much easier after the Ceramic coat. the dirt just washes away and no effort is needed to clean it. Would highly recommend Nanolex.

So overall I am still extremely happy with the car (although still look at autotrader at RS6..... wonder how long i will last until i get the itch for a V8 again)

Reactions: NevMan, Spaceman_RS3, scotty76 and 2 others
just an update after 3 weeks of ownership. So far have done just over 450 miles and am still loving the car and averaging mid 20s mpg. my daily commute is only 2 miles to work so mpg was always going to be bad, but doesn't bother me as gone from doing 60 miles a day to 4. :) The matrix lights are good, only used the auto main beam once as not really needed to use it in a town driving.

One thing that was odd was the next oil change was blank for a few weeks and then last week it changed to needing a oil change in 9,200 miles or 364 days. so does that mean the dealership have changed me to yearly servicing? the inspection service is showing the normal 2 years...

Not taken it over 5k rpm yet as bedding everything in. but still puts a smile on my face when you do get about 3k rpm. So that is good. Was worried the noise and fun wouldn't be the same as thr RS4 but so far i am happy. Do miss the V8 but the V6 noise is almost a match.

Gave the car its first wash and was so much easier after the Ceramic coat. the dirt just washes away and no effort is needed to clean it. Would highly recommend Nanolex.

So overall I am still extremely happy with the car (although still look at autotrader at RS6..... wonder how long i will last until i get the itch for a V8 again)

Well it's certainly a great stop gap mate. Glad you're liking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
@Robbe, it is normal for the oil change information not to display for the first few hundred miles, something to do with the management system "learning" your driving style.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Mine was quite apparently set wrongly despite my request before I even took the car off the dealerships forecourt and had it changed to fixed before I left. No waiting for a few hundred miles for me, more like 25 delivery miles. All cars from the factory come set at long life...

with the start of the frosty mornings have noticed the car does not ice up as much since the ceramic coating. well more like the windscreen is hardly covered where as my wifes car is full frozen :) oh and the heated seats are great in this weather....

Reactions: NevMan
with the start of the frosty mornings have noticed the car does not ice up as much since the ceramic coating. well more like the windscreen is hardly covered where as my wifes car is full frozen :) oh and the heated seats are great in this weather....

Yeah, i'm noticing the same, I think it will be a bit different if it gets really cold, but at just below 0 its not getting frozen over on the glass.

First wash of the year. Ceramic coating is making it so easy to clean. Done just over 1,500 miles and still loving it.

IMG 6598 2
IMG 9074 2
IMG 4823 2
IMG 6115 2

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Jsmills, Keef and 3 others
The service indicator when you get to that first year or mileage it will give you option on mmi you either get the oil change done and that’s it on yearly or you can select rest and it changes it to longlife and matches up with the inspection service.

Was my dealer showed me when my Rs3 wanted oil change with under 3k miles on it.

2.5K miles so far and after the winter salt gave the car a quick clean

Before
IMG 5035

Snow foam at work

IMG 5037

Post snow foam

IMG 5043

Car shampoo

IMG 5047

and final result. Ceramic coating makes it so easy...
IMG 5051

IMG 5052

Reactions: NevMan, zippster, Jsmills and 2 others
Very nice, here's mine:
Sketch 1521838868703 960x600
20180323 123048 2016x1512
20180323 123714 2016x1512

Apologies though for posting a non S4, didn't think to look at the header...

Last edited:
Reactions: Despretine, zippster, Jsmills and 2 others
Looking good @Robbe
Did you use a mitt with the shampoo or just spray n rinse?

Have 2 mitts one for the car and one for the wheels. So much easier to spray on the shampoo and the. Just go over it with a mitt. A lot quicker.

Reactions: Keef
Never thought of that! You just use pump sprayer? Assume you dilute the shampoo??

My coating is car pro quartz but I also use nanolex pure shampoo , great stuff

Reactions: Robbe
Latest addition to the S4

IMG 5840

IMG 1676 1

Reactions: zippster and Keef
Was happily enjoying the sunny bank holiday weekend weather and needed to get fuel. Got in the car and noticed this

95731BC5 7CA3 4C31 8779 59C750397C55
34E04E22 8587 440F 9228 BD7567F3037C

So now need a new windscreen!! Insurance job to replace with auto glass. Has anyone had a B9 A4 windscreen replaces via auto glass as know I might not get an original windscreen and will all the things attached to the screen work or need re aligning? What’s worse is that going to have to drive 200 miles home and then auto glass cannot fix it until early June. Should I call Audi assist?

That suck pal, sorry!
I had my front & rear passenger side glass replaced by Autoglass a couple of months back an it was with Audi OEM glass, the guy said they wasn’t a manufacturer making alternatives as yet so you might be lucky!
Bad news time, you’ll need the front cameras re calibrating and autoglass don’t do this so after the windscreen replacement it’s a trip to the dealers, not sure it this cost is covered by insurance but hope so.

Reactions: scotty76 and Thundercliffe81
That suck pal, sorry!
I had my front & rear passenger side glass replaced by Autoglass a couple of months back an it was with Audi OEM glass, the guy said they wasn’t a manufacturer making alternatives as yet so you might be lucky!
Bad news time, you’ll need the front cameras re calibrating and autoglass don’t do this so after the windscreen replacement it’s a trip to the dealers, not sure it this cost is covered by insurance but hope so.

Thanks for the info. Good news that I might a original screen but bummer about the re calibration. How much did it cost to do this if I may ask?

Was happily enjoying the sunny bank holiday weekend weather and needed to get fuel. Got in the car and noticed this

View attachment 156329 View attachment 156330

So now need a new windscreen!! Insurance job to replace with auto glass. Has anyone had a B9 A4 windscreen replaces via auto glass as know I might not get an original windscreen and will all the things attached to the screen work or need re aligning? What’s worse is that going to have to drive 200 miles home and then auto glass cannot fix it until early June. Should I call Audi assist?

I done both. Similar situation. They assured me the glass would not cave in or be any danger short term. Auto glass fixed a week later with OEM This was basically after two weeks after I bought it haha. It's crap bro I know, but it'll be grand

That suck pal, sorry!

Autoglass recalibrated mine in their warehouse. Couldn't do it mobile obviously. That was Leeds. Should be able to do it in house

Autoglass recalibrated mine in their warehouse. Couldn't do it mobile obviously. That was Leeds. Should be able to do it in house

How did you book your replacement? Was it online? Can book a at home appointment but doesn’t mention anything about having to take it somewhere?

How did you book your replacement? Was it online? Can book a at home appointment but doesn’t mention anything about having to take it somewhere?

I phoned up or rather they phoned me because it couldn't be carried out my home. Just give them a bell

Reactions: scotty76, Robbe and Keef
Car booked in for Monday 11th at a local auto glass centre. Crack is now almost half way across the screen. Keeps creaping with the hot weather. Only downside is the auto glass centre has no waiting area so have to go find somewhere to loiter for almost 3 hours. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain. Will also have to get the windscreen recoated at my detailer to get it back to how it was.

Reactions: Keef and Thundercliffe81
Windscreen has been replaced. Didn’t get an OEM one and the calibration took them 5 attempts. But all looks ok and car now booked in this week to get the screen ceramic coated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and cuke2u
But cost to you or on your insurance, sorry I’m not clear by your answer. I’ve got to do this myself.
No worries... just had to pay £140 to autoglass, my insurances excess for windscreen replacement, and they did all the work required that was needed.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
No worries... just had to pay £140 to autoglass, my insurances excess for windscreen replacement, and they did all the work required that was needed.

That’s great to know. I was worried I was going to pay for the calibration on top of the excess. My car has acoustic glass. Do you know if auto glass replaced yours with this or just plain glass. If you look at your side windows it has a slight green tinge.

That’s great to know. I was worried I was going to pay for the calibration on top of the excess. My car has acoustic glass. Do you know if auto glass replaced yours with this or just plain glass. If you look at your side windows it has a slight green tinge.

No idea. i just requested a new windscreen. wasn't given an option of what type. not sure if the S4 comes with one or not. not really noticed any difference. well apart from it being super clean as brand new

Acoustic was part of the privacy glass option what difference there is I have no idea

Acoustic was part of the privacy glass option what difference there is I have no idea

I could be wrong but I think it's basically double glazed if you get the acoustic glass. I have it on my S4 and if you roll down the front windows you can see the difference in the construction versus the rears if you roll them down. Has two separate pieces of glass with another material in the middle on the front window and just one solid piece of glass on the rear.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
This is correct, it has a PVB layer in between which means the front windows should be more difficult to break through..

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Spaceman_RS3 and Daggerit
I'm just wondering, in order to guarantee an OEM windscreen replacement, could you get the replacement done at your local Audi dealer who would do this themselves or use their own 3rd party company? I can't imagine your insurance company would have any issue with Audi doing the work.

i looked into getting it done through an Audi dealer and would of cost around £1k!!! I could of got AutoGlass to request an OEM screen from my insurance but meant I couldn't book an slot and would of had to of waited even longer (had to wait almost 2 weeks for an appointment). so decided to just go with the screen they supply.

Your insurance probably wouldn't allow Audi to do it as they all have contracts with certain window people. I had to go with AutoGlass if I wanted it down via insurance.

Reactions: psychopomp1