New S4 Order

Car has just had its second oil change today. No issues and still enjoying it. Was advised the rear brake pads are 65% worn. So will need replacing in about 8k miles. The car has only done 22k miles. So will have to look at brake pads and disc options. Tempted to replace the front at the same time. Well depending on cost and options. Also think will keep the car. Nothing else takes my fancy atm.

Reactions: S19 MYD
After 2 1/2 years of no issues the car has developed its first fault. The passengers rear child lock can up with a fault. Thought that was ok but the when I locked the car that door doesn’t lock. Had to call Audi assist out to have a look as cannot secure the car. Just glad the car is still under warranty.

Reactions: NevMan
After 2 1/2 years of no issues the car has developed its first fault. The passengers rear child lock can up with a fault. Thought that was ok but the when I locked the car that door doesn’t lock. Had to call Audi assist out to have a look as cannot secure the car. Just glad the car is still under warranty.
very odd : my 2yr 10mth old S4 had this very fault for 1 day last week... it came, it went. My car locked fine, then the fault was gone the next day.

Reactions: Robbe
i have a dilemma. Its getting close to the end of my PCP and starting to work out my options. I have no issues with the car and love it and its currently under a 4th year warranty. But do worry about what costs will happen in year 5. I would have to re-finance the car, pay extra for additional warranty and connect subscription etc.

So options are to Sell or VT the car. Contacted my local audi garage and the price the offered was a total joke and wanted me to give them money to buy the car off me. Feels like they just want to make money on used cars. I know my car is a unique spec and not a similar one for sale in the UK, so could sell it privately, but do worry about selling a car of this type like that, but i know i could probably make a profit doing this.

Oh what to do.

As to what to replace the S4 with my current thinking is a volvo XC60 Polestart Engineered, not as fun as the S4 but can do my daily commute on electric power only and some good examples coming up on the 2nd hand market....

i have a dilemma. Its getting close to the end of my PCP and starting to work out my options. I have no issues with the car and love it and its currently under a 4th year warranty. But do worry about what costs will happen in year 5. I would have to re-finance the car, pay extra for additional warranty and connect subscription etc.

So options are to Sell or VT the car. Contacted my local audi garage and the price the offered was a total joke and wanted me to give them money to buy the car off me. Feels like they just want to make money on used cars. I know my car is a unique spec and not a similar one for sale in the UK, so could sell it privately, but do worry about selling a car of this type like that, but i know i could probably make a profit doing this.

Oh what to do.

As to what to replace the S4 with my current thinking is a volvo XC60 Polestart Engineered, not as fun as the S4 but can do my daily commute on electric power only and some good examples coming up on the 2nd hand market....

Have you thought about the new S4, I bought a ex demo and the performance is great and I get 48mpg on a long run.

Last edited:
Have you thought about the new S4, I bought a ex demo and the performance is great and I get 48mpg on a long run.

Hasn't even been in the running as its a diesel. Not really worried about MPG and fuel cost. you don't get an S or RS if you worry about that.

Hasn't even been in the running as its a diesel. Not really worried about MPG and fuel cost. you don't get an S or RS if you worry about that.

Get your point but there isn't a petrol option anymore and the mpg was a nice surprise considering how powerful the engine is. From what I can gather all the S and QS variants are going down the Diesel route apart from the S3.

Get your point but there isn't a petrol option anymore and the mpg was a nice surprise considering how powerful the engine is. From what I can gather all the S and QS variants are going down the Diesel route apart from the S3.

I know the OP had issues with an earlier B8 RS4 but I would recommend a look at a B9 new or used. Superb Economy and performance possible ( not at same time) and Petrol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: elpeterol
Well after much thinking and going back on forth on what to do the S4 will be going next week to a new owner. it was a hard decision as I loved the car. My initial idea was to get another Audi, looked at RS4s, but struggled to think about spending a lot more on a car that looked the same inside and one option that i need was a tow bar. I would go gone for another new S4, but they went diesel, so that was a no go. So started to look outside audi. After a lot of googling and youtube videos i finally made a decision. So this week i put a deposit down on a used Grey Jaguar F-Pace SVR. Do i need a suv with a 5.0 supercharged V8, No, but you only live once and soon these cars won't exist. Also like that fact that like the S4 they are rare and don't see many on the roads. Original thought these were out of my price range, but found a very low mileage one with the specs i wanted and offered decent finance package. So the deal is done and will be picking it up in a week or two.

Will be odd no having an audi as, last 4 cars were audis. But until Audi can bring back the petrol S models then i won't be back. Only car that will tempt me back would be an RS6. I am sure the SVR will be a lot of fun over the next few years and not even thinking about what MPG i might get with it. but that's not what i buy cars for. I enjoy them for what they are... putting a smile on your face. Already got a set of Carbon mirrors going on the SVR and having all the rear badges replaced with black.

Reactions: Inked, SiPie, Terminator x and 4 others
Well after much thinking and going back on forth on what to do the S4 will be going next week to a new owner. it was a hard decision as I loved the car. My initial idea was to get another Audi, looked at RS4s, but struggled to think about spending a lot more on a car that looked the same inside and one option that i need was a tow bar. I would go gone for another new S4, but they went diesel, so that was a no go. So started to look outside audi. After a lot of googling and youtube videos i finally made a decision. So this week i put a deposit down on a used Grey Jaguar F-Pace SVR. Do i need a suv with a 5.0 supercharged V8, No, but you only live once and soon these cars won't exist. Also like that fact that like the S4 they are rare and don't see many on the roads. Original thought these were out of my price range, but found a very low mileage one with the specs i wanted and offered decent finance package. So the deal is done and will be picking it up in a week or two.

Will be odd no having an audi as, last 4 cars were audis. But until Audi can bring back the petrol S models then i won't be back. Only car that will tempt me back would be an RS6. I am sure the SVR will be a lot of fun over the next few years and not even thinking about what MPG i might get with it. but that's not what i buy cars for. I enjoy them for what they are... putting a smile on your face. Already got a set of Carbon mirrors going on the SVR and having all the rear badges replaced with black.

A fairly rare S4 Avant (me) trying to keep up with fairly rare F-Pace SVR lol

Mine is completely stock and I don't think she was wide open, but she was certainly putting her foot down some as I could see the drop as it changed gear and the noise was pretty brutal in person.

The SVR is very quick and on full throttle in sport mode the noise is brutal. Makes me smile every day I drive it.

Was the beeping at 0:09-0.11 added to mask out your swearing?