New S4 Order - options?

Voronus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I pulled the trigger on an S4 on Saturday. I know you probably get this question a lot, but do you think I am missing any important options? I am trying to be fairly restrained and not go overboard and I am fairly happy with this list but interested in feedback as i have a week or so to change the options still, and I cant help thinking about it!

Options on order:
  • S4 Avant - Colour = Nevarra Blue. My current car is an A3 in Scuba blue which is a very similar colour so that is my only hesitation as a change would be nice. But to be honest I am not keen on black, white or silver so not much other choice. I wish audi had a few more colour options but Nevarra looks nice to me.
  • Wheels - I am thinking to stick with the standard 19 with the hundred spokes. I dont like the middle choice upgrade and while I love the top choice, not sure I can justify £1200.
  • Light and Vision pack - seemed a no brainer as i like everything in the pack
  • Black nappa seats
  • Black styling pack - i like the sporty edge it brings. BUT, i am concerned that it does not blend well with the standard alloys which are very silver. Would this styling/wheel combination look a bit weird? If so i might think to upgrade the wheels
  • Panoramic roof
  • Piano black inlays
  • Electric folding door mirrors
  • B&O speakers
  • Red calipers - they look cool! But with the standard wheels they will be a bit hidden behind all those spokes.
Options I was close to order:
  • Hill hold assist. Wasnt sure if it was needed for autos
  • Sports Diff. I read very good things, but i really think i wont get much use out of it, as it will have my kids in 95% of the time. So hard to justify the cost.
  • Privacy glass - could go well with the black styling pack but im not massively keen on privacy glass
  • Storage pack, mainly for rear cup holder.
  • Audi phone box - seems not too important on second thoughts

It comes to around 51k, managed to get a little over 12% off (PCP), using carwow quotes to help negotiate. Pretty happy with that really.

Now I count the days down until November!!

Reactions: Daggerit
I think for the cost of them I would get the hill hold assist, privacy glass and the storage pack.

Hill hold assist is nice with the auto transmissions so it applies when you come to a stop. Saves you keeping your foot on the brake or applying the handbrake yourself each time.

Privacy glass adds something to the look of the car and is also nice for passengers in the rear of the sun comes out.

Storage pack for the rear cup holders as you say. I didn't spec it in my last car and kicked myself because it leaves the rear passengers with no cup holders at all... No brainier for me!

I've gone crazy with the options myself but from your list those are the three I'd add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely add hill hold assist. For the cost it is a no brainer.
I use it all the time and my car is s tronic.
Storage pack again for the cost and also doesn't it add the cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel?
Have you had piano black trim before? For me it is a finger print and scratch magnet. Go carbon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I'd add the driver assistance if you can stretch to it .. mainly for adaptive cruise etc... though the enhanced safety is also a real plus,,,,

Interesting, ok so HHA is an important one to add.

Any thoughts on the wheels and black styling pack combination?

I see what you mean with the piano black, but not a big fan of carbon fibre to be honest. Il keep a micro fibre cloth at the ready!

I agree with the HHA, it's a handy option for the price.

I've gone privacy glass but think it's down to personal preference.

We differ on the wheels as I don't like the standard wheels, I've spec'd the mid range wheels as love the looks over the more expensive option, again personal preference but I see your point on a very dark car with black pack.

I've gone sport diff and suspension upgrade as I really want to get the full breadth of ability from this car, especially as it's £50k+ I want it to be that comfortable cruiser and then unleash the beast with lots of fun on a B road blast, however I've driven a car without and it was still great but like you I've heard some great reviews on the sport diff so didn't want to regret not having!

I'd also add HHA, had it on every car for the last 10 years and find it invaluable, and for £75 it's a no brainer. I agree with the addition of the storage pack, didn't get it myself but wish I had for the cost. Personal preference on the rest I'd say, personally love the carbon trim and as it's now only £200 more than piano black seems good value. As Riko0073 above I don't like the std 19"s so when the next option up - they might also go better with the black styling pack.

Reactions: Riko0073
I think for the cost of them I would get the hill hold assist, privacy glass and the storage pack.

Hill hold assist is nice with the auto transmissions so it applies when you come to a stop. Saves you keeping your foot on the brake or applying the handbrake yourself each time.

Privacy glass adds something to the look of the car and is also nice for passengers in the rear of the sun comes out.

Storage pack for the rear cup holders as you say. I didn't spec it in my last car and kicked myself because it leaves the rear passengers with no cup holders at all... No brainier for me!

I've gone crazy with the options myself but from your list those are the three I'd add.

I would agree with Daggerit and go with privacy glass, storage and hill hold.
Having privacy glass currently it's something that wouldn't be without and hill hold I can see the advantages of that.

Another vote for HHA assist here too
Had it on my old manual GB B8 A4
& also spec'ed it my s-tronic B8.5 S4

@scotty76 - When HHA is applied it does NOT apply the rear brake lights
I know because I've checked :p:D

Another vote for HHA assist here too
Had it on my old manual GB B8 A4
& also spec'ed it my s-tronic B8.5 S4

@scotty76 - When HHA is applied it does NOT apply the rear brake lights
I know because I've checked :p:D

Glad you can confirm because it would seem a bit counter productive if it did...

Right, phoning the dealer tomorrow to add HHA and storage pack. Think I will leave it at that... for now...

Reactions: scotty76 and Daggerit
Right, phoning the dealer tomorrow to add HHA and storage pack. Think I will leave it at that... for now...

I feel like we've slightly bullied you into getting the HHA! Haha. Hopefully you'll find it as useful as we all do and it won't disappoint after all that!

Glad you can confirm because it would seem a bit counter productive if it did...

Checked mine this morning, HHA selected, come to a stop on the brakes, obviously brake lights come on, release foot and the brake lights STAY ON, there is a green P symbol on the dash and the car is held in position, manually select the parking brake and the lights go out when a red P on the dash lights, this seems contrary to what others are saying?

@Taztastic mine is a B8.5 so maybe it changed on the B9. Odd choice though can't think why it would be useful as you're stationary.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and gone
It does seem odd, I wish they went off as I hate blinding people ...

Checked mine this morning, HHA selected, come to a stop on the brakes, obviously brake lights come on, release foot and the brake lights STAY ON, there is a green P symbol on the dash and the car is held in position, manually select the parking brake and the lights go out when a red P on the dash lights, this seems contrary to what others are saying?
Thats me not buying a B9 then ... :whistle2: :D

As the HA operates the brakes on all four wheels then it'll also operate the brake lights, as has been the case on all audi's I have owned. Of course then if you operate the handbrake this only puts on the rear brakes thus no brake lights...

I would get the sports diff, it's worth it. AND you get back the value on the back end when its time to sell, especially if selling private.

So 4 months later... I wanted to post an update.

Firstly the car is at the dealer and targeting Saturday to pick it up! Exciting.

A few issues. First of all the car that turned up isn't exactly what I ordered! Someone somewhere screwed up and I got a call from the dealer on Monday to pass me the bad (ish) news.

So what's wrong you ask? Well instead of piano black inlays it has aluminium. Instead of the mid range alloys they fitted the top range ones and they put the full comfort and sound pack instead of just the b&o speakers.

So a few good things but when we ordered the car the piano black inlays were choice number 1,so we weren't able to compromise.

In the end they are changing the inlays to black after ordering some and charging us the original price despite the various upgrades. I think it has worked out quite well.

Saw the car today under wraps to make sure all the options were there. Il post a pic once I compress the image.

Firstly the car is at the dealer and targeting Saturday to pick it up! Exciting.

A few issues. First of all the car that turned up isn't exactly what I ordered! Someone somewhere screwed up and I got a call from the dealer on Monday to pass me the bad (ish) news.

So what's wrong you ask? Well instead of piano black inlays it has aluminium. Instead of the mid range alloys they fitted the top range ones and they put the full comfort and sound pack instead of just the b&o speakers.

So a few good things but when we ordered the car the piano black inlays were choice number 1,so we weren't able to compromise.

In the end they are changing the inlays to black after ordering some and charging us the original price despite the various upgrades. I think it has worked out quite well.

Saw the car today under wraps to make sure all the options were there. Il post a pic once I compress the image.
Wow that's a result mate!!

Enjoy pick up and the new motor.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 20171115_115910_resized.jpg
    20171115_115910_resized.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: Dunders

If you have the full comfort pack should have Advanced Key and Rear View Camera.

If you have the full comfort pack should have Advanced Key and Rear View Camera.

Yes it does, plus the hill hold but that was an option I added myself into the order. So I reckon it's got about £1200 worth of extra kit in there

Now just hoping the technicians don't screw up when they replace all of the inlays. I guess that isn't something they do too often

By the way I forgot to mention, it had a quick look and it has Hankook tires fitted. I have to say a little disappointed at a 50k car having these.

Is it normal in your experiences?

Last edited:
By the way I forgot to mention, it had a quick look and it has Hankook tires fitted. I have to say a little disappointed at a 50k having these.

Is it normal in your experiences?

Usually Continental or Hankook tyres used on the S4/S5. As long as they don't spin up when the quattro system is in full force I'm sure they will do the job just fine!

Yes it does, plus the hill hold but that was an option I added myself into the order. So I reckon it's got about £1200 worth of extra kit in there

Now just hoping the technicians don't screw up when they replace all of the inlays. I guess that isn't something they do too often

Can you send the inlays my way? The Piano Black scratch way too easily.

Collection day tomorrow! Quick question : will it come with the audio ring downlights on the doors? If so is it all doors or just the front?

I read various things about those lights and not clear of they are standard or not.

Collection day tomorrow! Quick question : will it come with the audio ring downlights on the doors? If so is it all doors or just the front?

I read various things about those lights and not clear of they are standard or not.
Are you getting an S4?

You should have the led projector lights with the Audi rings on the front but just standard lights on the rears I believe.

I upgraded my rear doors to the leds as had a set taken off my S3.

Are you getting an S4?

You should have the led projector lights with the Audi rings on the front but just standard lights on the rears I believe.

I upgraded my rear doors to the leds as had a set taken off my S3.

Thanks, il check it. Yes it's an S4

Couple of quick photos. Was a good handover! No freebies though except a tank of fuel.

Attachments

• 20171118_115401_resized.jpg
    20171118_115401_resized.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 20171118_115353_resized.jpg
    20171118_115353_resized.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 20171118_115427_resized.jpg
    20171118_115427_resized.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Dunders, AlnSaz, Riko0073 and 1 other person