New S4 avant Ordered

mxnrg

Congrats on the lovely looking S4. Daytona is an interesting colour as the pearlescent paint is a bit of a chameleon depending on lighting and background colours. I have an SQ5 in Daytona on the way and keep watching videos to remind me of exactly what I have ordered :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KI6RAN

Congrats on the lovely looking S4. Daytona is an interesting colour as the pearlescent paint is a bit of a chameleon depending on lighting and background colours. I have an SQ5 in Daytona on the way and keep watching videos to remind me of exactly what I have ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, yes Daytona grey is certainly a great colour it looks even better on a sunny day you can see the pearlescent through the paint work. The SQ5 will be a great car too

I just had a boot liner made for my car today so when I go mountain biking the muddy clothes and equipment don’t wreck the boot.

I also figured out the tow bar pops out at a push of a button I was impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KI6RAN

I picked up my car from my detailer a few weeks ago so I decided to update this thread. and I decided not to go with PPF front protection and I decided to go with a new product called Feynlab which is self healing compound you bake onto the car. It’s not as hard as a ceramic as it’s self healing but I am really impressed with the out come and the water beads off the car better than the ceramic on my other car so am really pleased.

I did have an issue with tree sap. Stupidly I parked my car under a tree for a long weekend and the tree dumped a heap of sap all over the body work and the sun baked it on The detailer had to go a bit deeper than a single stage polish as the sap had sunk right into the lacquer. We think it’s due to the weather being so hot and the trees are dumping sap! It’s a nightmare at this time of year so word of warning don’t park under trees as I thought my paint was almost ruined but luckily it came out.

Anyway I have some photos of my car once it was finished and it’s looking amazing
a6c02d46683222206e3cd8d56defa787.jpg
d99703ea9201b40ebbffd957dbf1e0a7.jpg
70681bd94e6292151ff088d81a846073.jpg
4623fad2e75d3eb83bbda2c81f032c76.jpg
35e2e0759add1628a19705086dd31727.jpg

KI6RAN

I lied a little I did get some PPF on the rear bumper so that should help with the scuffs and scratches that I had on my previous A4
66d4552f6cc298cfb53a37ad11bbc0be.jpg
c6cacf7d900cc863629d99ce1a154423.jpg