New S4 2018 - Rear Window Tints

zayn81

Reaction score
Hi All.
I have a new S4 on order and would like to get the Rear Windows and Rear screen tinted to the same level as OEM

Can anyone please advise on what level Original Audi privacy glass on Rear is and Any recommendations on cost and who i can use in London ?

Thank you

You ordered a S4 without privacy :blink:

I did. The acoustic glass was only going to deaden the exhaust note in the cabin so I booked in for OEM tints day after pick up. 1/3 of the price, more sound, same look I'm up north though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dub Customs quoted me £50 per window.

Someone on here recommend a guy based in Bexelyheath and he quoted me £175.

I’m probably gonna go with a firm based in Maidstone as nearer me who quoted £180 From memory.

Think Audi OEM is somewhere between 20% to 35%.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Thanks . is there anyway to find out exactly what Audi default level is on the S4 rear as I want to go complete oem.

Thanks . is there anyway to find out exactly what Audi default level is on the S4 rear as I want to go complete oem.

I can't tell you exactly what it is but I'd definitely go with DohNut's 20-35% range. I got my last A4 done in 20% and you couldn't tell the difference next to an OEM car, I'm pretty sure that the same value as they use.

Thank you for saving my blushes, but I also would have thought that any professional company would know what level the tints Audi's use and any current legislation...

Last edited:
Thank you for saving my blushes, but I also would have thought that any professional company would know what level the tints Audi's use and any current legislation...

Definitely a good point. Or at least know the ballpark tint level.

Im struggling as to why someone would order a new car ,want privacy glass,not tick the box to have it factory fitted.they drive to some aftermarket firm to rip everything out and get them to do it ? I honestly would not be letting someone remove door panels etc unless they were the main dealer and was really necessary.
Look forward to introducing
annoying buzzes and rattles .....and possible warranty issues in future.

you missed the leasing part. it is a very expensive option. I plan to get it done from the Audi dealership prior to collection. The dealership themselves also use a third party to do the work

Im struggling as to why someone would order a new car ,want privacy glass,not tick the box to have it factory fitted.they drive to some aftermarket firm to rip everything out and get them to do it ? I honestly would not be letting someone remove door panels etc unless they were the main dealer and was really necessary.

I plan to get it done from the Audi dealership prior to collection.

But in your first post you're looking for recommendations of where to get the glass tinted in London? Otherwise if getting it done through the dealer, I would have thought they would automatically ensure its to OEM spec, you wouldn't need to worry about tint levels.

Hi All.
I have a new S4 on order and would like to get the Rear Windows and Rear screen tinted to the same level as OEM

Can anyone please advise on what level Original Audi privacy glass on Rear is and Any recommendations on cost and who i can use in London ?

Thank you

OEM are 20%

From memory it's a £475 option and for me personally I couldn't get the spec I wanted in under the £40k tax threshold, so something had to give. Hence why I'll be getting it done retrospectively.

Reactions: Daggerit