New S3

NatalieBx

Reaction score
So I've been offered a deal on an S3 I can have on 1st March, I just want to know if it's a good deal or if he's just trying to get the sale.

I wanted a 3 year deal but he said a 4 year is better to keep the payments down, he also said set the mileage lower as it apparently doesn't make much of a difference to the equity at the end?? He said they will usually ring after 3 years to see if I want to change the car, but if I did this would I even have any equity in the car? Especially as the car will be the pre facelift version?

He said he's took 10% off the price with a £1000 dealer contribution. He wants a £3500 deposit off me and £367 a month after that. Is this a good deal? And will I definitely be able to change the car after 3 years without it affecting future credit?

I think you need to weigh up the APR compared to the 3 year APR to know if it's a good deal. You also need to look at what you are planning after the 4 years, if indeed you are thinking of keeping the car that long. 10% off is pretty standard.

What's the spec Nat and retail price ?

It sounds good but i would ring round other dealers to see what they can do.

I think you need to weigh up the APR compared to the 3 year APR to know if it's a good deal. You also need to look at what you are planning after the 4 years, if indeed you are thinking of keeping the car that long. 10% off is pretty standard.

I don't know if I'd keep the car for 4 years it depends how much I like the car lol, up to now in my short driving life, I got a new car 2 years after the first one, but still kept the car I had before, so I can't even compare it to that. I'll way up the APR thanks.

What's the spec Nat and retail price ?

Sepang blue Sportback
Tech pack
Black styling pack
Parking plus
Reversing camera
I think comfort package too

The retail price was £38,000

Sepang blue Sportback
Tech pack
Black styling pack
Parking plus
Reversing camera
I think comfort package too

The retail price was £38,000

At that retail price that's a good deal in my book. I put substantially more down and am within £60 of your payments also on 4yr. I guess the APR has dropped in the last 12 months that must be helping too.

At that retail price that's a good deal in my book. I put substantially more down and am within £60 of your payments also on 4yr. I guess the APR has dropped in the last 12 months that must be helping too.

Can we change the car before the 4 years is up?

Reactions: Rob2k68
So I've been offered a deal on an S3 I can have on 1st March, I just want to know if it's a good deal or if he's just trying to get the sale.

I wanted a 3 year deal but he said a 4 year is better to keep the payments down, he also said set the mileage lower as it apparently doesn't make much of a difference to the equity at the end?? He said they will usually ring after 3 years to see if I want to change the car, but if I did this would I even have any equity in the car? Especially as the car will be the pre facelift version?

He said he's took 10% off the price with a £1000 dealer contribution. He wants a £3500 deposit off me and £367 a month after that. Is this a good deal? And will I definitely be able to change the car after 3 years without it affecting future credit?

10% + the £1000 dealer contribution would be a far better deal. As it stands it looks like 7% + 1000 = 10%

£38k Wow you can get a 2016 Mec A45 AMG for that of broker4cars.

Retail price. = x
deduct on the road charges non discountable...

Ask for 12% discount... 12/13% is possible with minor Facelift coming soon.

THEN talk about Finance and secure an extra £1000 as well

Can we change the car before the 4 years is up?

Yes usually after at least 24 months prob 36 months with your deposit they'll be a point in the finance agreement when you owe what the car if worth - change before then you have negative equity and any time after you start to have ££ in your car towards the deposit on the next one.

Yes usually after at least 24 months prob 36 months with your deposit they'll be a point in the finance agreement when you owe what the car if worth - change before then you have negative equity and any time after you start to have ££ in your car towards the deposit on the next one.
Not necessarily the case. Depends on the deposit you make and the balloon payment. If you put down 50% (max permitted) and have a low final value you will probably never be in negative equity!

Why would anyone want a blinged up thing like a Merc rather than an Audi S/RS3?? You could probably get a base spec RS3 for less than £40k

Blinged up lol. Yep maybe but the question is about S3 not RS3. From what I hear RS3 dont like going around corners.

Reactions: veeeight
Not necessarily the case. Depends on the deposit you make and the balloon payment. If you put down 50% (max permitted) and have a low final value you will probably never be in negative equity!

At 50% deposit agreed. Was trying to base the reply on the OPs figures.

Blinged up lol. Yep maybe but the question is about S3 not RS3. From what I hear RS3 dont like going around corners.
I only mentioned RS3 as Mercedes-Bling was mentioned and some think (wrongly) the A45 is competition. The RS3 goes around corners just fine by the way..

The A45 is competition to the RS3 and it does go around corners better than it too.

If your talking the S3 then its closest competitor is the A250 AMG. Its actually closer in performance to the Golf GTI.

The S3 certainly goes around corners better than the A250 AMG.

Reactions: veeeight
Well Pulp... Have you actually driven the A45 vs RS3 I have... There are too many 'Daily Mail' style car mags who have a downer on Audi.

IMHO the Mercedes - Bling A45 is no competition whatsover for an RS3/S3/1.4SE... It is just a horrible nasty car.

So pretty much I'll definitely have equity if I wait over 36 months?

Reactions: Lisle91
Well Pulp... Have you actually driven the A45 vs RS3 I have... There are too many 'Daily Mail' style car mags who have a downer on Audi.

IMHO the Mercedes - Bling A45 is no competition whatsover for an RS3/S3/1.4SE... It is just a horrible nasty car.

Yep...driven both extensively. The A45 is IMO much more focused in key dynamic areas against the more blunt feeling RS3.

Agree the quality in areas and some of the tech lags Audi but Merc certainly blew the budget on the mechanical stuff with the A45. That front diff is magic....

The S3 is really the car to go for in the monthly budget the OP is talking about. Sounds like a great deal

Reactions: Rob2k68 and veeeight
Sounds like a good deal to me. As others say, as long as you don't owe more than what the car is worth when you want to change, then you will have positive equity. :grinning: Even if you wanted to change early and you're in negative equity, you just pay what ever the difference is between the amount they will give for your car and the settlement amount.

I would go for a 3 year deal if you can afford the payments, you will get more paid off the car each month and ultimately be in a better position to change when you want to.

P.S. Nice spec, look forward to seeing photos :nogarors4:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Pulp84
Sounds like a good deal to me. As others say, as long as you don't owe more than what the car is worth when you want to change, then you will have positive equity. :grinning: Even if you wanted to change early and you're in negative equity, you just pay what ever the difference is between the amount they will give for your car and the settlement amount.

I would go for a 3 year deal if you can afford the payments, you will get more paid off the car each month and ultimately be in a better position to change when you want to.

P.S. Nice spec, look forward to seeing photos :nogarors4:

I really wanted a 3 year deal but I have another car on finance too so for both cars the payments would be pretty high, that's why the 4 year was better. Was the dealer right about having the mileage set lower? I was worried that if I went over it would impact on amount they'll give me for the car?