New S3 vs 8P RS3

My understanding is that Audi tend to benchmark the next gen S against the previous RS, so I would expect good things from the latest S3. But this is two generations of gap, so actually that is very impressive for the 8P RS3.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 45bvtc
I'll have the 8p anyday :rockwoot:

Me too and now in the 10th year of ownership:

BLUEY Uttoxeter

Reactions: Baldyone, dave_beastttt, NevMan and 4 others
Lol likes the 2 posts after mine

Love the little games he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Would love to see them put A 320ps tts against an 8Y S3 by the way which won as l can't stand Mr Watson's tripe that he blurts out his gub so l don't do CARWOW

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Would love to see them put A 320ps tts against an 8Y S3 by the way which won as l can't stand Mr Watson's tripe that he blurts out his gub so l don't do CARWOW

Lol agreed.

Reactions: NevMan
More and more I see that 8y s3 the more I don’t like it.
That vc graphics looks a bit meh. Just doesn’t look as clean and crisp as the 8v. Maybe it’s just a colour scheme or theme. Also don’t like the position of the fuel gauge and temp.

8y
C6B1D121 9A1C 40C2 9B86 E5A8F65FEDE8

8v
48CFDB4F BAEC 46B4 B884 ECAB5D8E82D9

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
RS3 8P FTW. Always been a fan of them

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc and Mr Freeze
RS3 8P FTW. Always been a fan of them

Until they take a bend on a country road hence Audisteer etc etc still a good looking car though

Reactions: Mr Freeze
I've had my 8p 2.0 fsi now for 2 years. She's on 247000 kms and stil going strong. Would give my left nut for a rs3 though.

Reactions: 45bvtc
That vc graphics looks a bit meh. Just doesn’t look as clean and crisp as the 8v. Maybe it’s just a colour scheme or theme. Also don’t like the position of the fuel gauge and temp.

8y
View attachment 236869

8v
View attachment 236870
Typical example of the differences between the 8v and the A1 oops sorry the 8y...

Reactions: AlS3BE and 8YARWY
Until they take a bend on a country road hence Audisteer etc etc still a good looking car though
Nothing a few suspension mods won't sort out

Reactions: 45bvtc
Nothing a few suspension mods won't sort out

Moving the goal posts a lot there besides there wasn't much between them to be honest the 8p didn't sound that great either that crown will always belong to the 8v RS3 and TTRS 8s even post opf cars

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY, AlS3BE and NevMan
Moving the goal posts a lot there besides there wasn't much between them to be honest the 8p didn't sound that great either that crown will always belong to the 8v RS3 and TTRS 8s even post opf cars

Daza 5 pot was the best yet......

One reason I can’t sell mine.

Reactions: AlS3BE and Jassyo06

This I can agree with. The ones with the sports exhaust sounded bang on. Better than the C63 V8 Bi-Turbo, M3/M4 of the same generation. Audis best car & engine combo ever I'd say.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Actually PMSL at the comments about the clarity of the VC.

As a previous owner of 8V and now 8Y, they are exactly the same across both platforms, you're banking on the same camera being used in the same lighting.

As a previous owner of 8V and now 8Y, they are exactly the same across both platforms, you're banking on the same camera being used in the same lighting.
We weren't pointing out the resolution or clarity as you call it ...we where on about the font and graphics on both screens with the 8v's being superior and as you know the virtual cockpit on he 8v was a £1000 option and Audi put the A1's virtual cockpit in the 8Y S3 but don't give the option to purchase the 12-3" Virtual cockpit but lets say they did it would probably be £1000 option

Reactions: AlS3BE

What jassy said and it was more the design with the fuel and temp gauge at either side, why didn’t Audi make it part of the screen, it’s something that annoys me a little on the 8v with it down the bottom. They have so much screen real estate, or use a bigger screen, but put an old school gauge there.

Mk8 golf has it so they could have lifted it directly off that.

AC373745 F449 4611 A355 8C92F01B47A2

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY

8y
View attachment 236869

8v
View attachment 236870

The standard VC screen with the temp & fuel gauges in the border trim just looks lousy IMO sorry.

The expanded virtual cockpit (part of the vorsprung pack) would be an essential for me.

As noted, the Golf has a cleaner looking screen with less obvious border trim and looks so much better for it - big failing by Audi running with with the zx spectrum screen as standard fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE, Sparks43 and 8YARWY
The standard VC screen with the temp & fuel gauges in the border trim just looks lousy IMO sorry.

The expanded virtual cockpit (part of the vorsprung pack) would be an essential for me.

As noted, the Golf has a cleaner looking screen with less obvious border trim and looks so much better for it - big failing by Audi running with with the zx spectrum screen as standard fit.
Totally agree and you can't even play Manic Minor (for the older members on here)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

Agree with you on this, I actually alluded to it when comparing the different trim levels. The smaller virtual cockpit should have never existed, if Audi could fit an edge to edge display thats what should be there as standard.

Having sat in a edition1 with the virtual cockpit plus and then an 8v side by side I believe (using my memory lol) there is a noticeable difference in the resolution.

That's probably natural given the advancements in screens.

Coming back to the fuel and water temp gauge. I still for the life of me can not figure out why Audi have excluded the water temp reading on the virtual cockpit plus.

I also feel they missed a trick with the animations and display, could have done a lot more but kept it a bit lazy.

Reactions: AlS3BE and Snake Pliskin
The 1st time you saw the VC in a 8V facelift it was / still is a wow moment, when I sat in an 8Y it was a ‘hmmm that’s it ?’

Audi haven’t moved the VC on at all.

Reactions: Jassyo06, auzzam_crd, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person