New S3 Sportback Order!

p9lad

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just placed my S3 Sportback Order last week went with the below spec. Let me know your thoughts!

Panther Black
S-Tronic
Super Sports Seats
Cruise Control
B&O
Tech Pack
LED Lights
Comfort Pack
Standard 18's
Electric Folding Mirrors
Hill Hold
Front and Back Sensors
Advanced Key
Interior Light Pack

My salesman said it would be a MY15 so i guess i will be getting the Tyre Pressure Monitor as standard?

cheers

Last edited:
The parking sensors and standard cruise control are part of the Comfort Pack as far as I know.

Hill Hold is actually Hold assist - debated here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/201902-hill-hold-assist-s-tronic-anyone.html

You may want to consider whether to get Audi Connect with the Tech Pack - one or two on the forum seem to wish they had bought it.

The advanced key is another hot topic: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/216355-rs4-stolen-seen-cctv.html . Personally, I will be 'tweaking' the OBD port to reduce the risk.

Anyway, here is my spec for build in week 28 (MY15):

Stronic
Phantom black (now Mythos black) with ten spoke alloys.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Parking System Plus
Pre Sense basic
Audi Sound
Black Styling Pack
Body coloured mirrors, folding
Comfort Pack
Electric seats with electric lumbar
Mono pur interior
High Beam assist
Hold Assist
Interior Lighting Pack
LED headlights
Panoramic sunroof
Rear Airbags
Reversing Camera
Tech Pack High with Connect
Tyre pressure Indicator (now standard)
Advanced key
Red calipers

Sounds like it's pretty optioned up :yum: can't see how you'd need anything else really.

I've not gone for anything like as many options (personal choice though), but I have spec'd up a few cars to the max before and afterwards found I either didn't use the tech (apps anyone? Really facebook while you're driving :shrug:) or would have been just as happy with the 'bog standard' option, for example, I don't drive in the dark very often so have not spec'd LED's, I'm sure the basic Xenon's will be fine.

I'm also not that keen on all the new fangled aids, like parking itself, active cruise, active lights etc. etc. maybe I'm just a bit of a luddite I guess :blush:

The only comments I would have are have you considered alloy roof rails to break up the black/black? Or the black pack so it's totally Darth Vader? Or the privacy glass? Mono.pur does improve the cabin considerably too ?

heya,

i didn't go for the black pack but like the look of the chrome on the car. Not sure on mono pur cabin does look nicer with it but couldn't justify the 300 pounds they were asking for it! even the salesman said it wasn't worth it!

That's cool, we all spec what we want (if it's in budget) .. my salesman said defo mono.pur (I've seen with and without and thought it was worth it, especially with the silver leather).

I asked if the extra for B&O was worth it over the Audi Sound System (he reckoned no), and he advised privacy but I always think Sportbacks/Avants have a more hearse like look about them with it so didn't spec it (had the mono.pur instead).

I haven't even put Nav in my car (will add SD Nav at some point, if I feel I need it) as I have used Sat Nav approximately 5 times in the last 2 years and I have Nav on my phone if needs be, OK it doesn't look as nice with a few wires trailing around and a screen mount but for a few journeys I can put up with that ..