New S3 Saloon - advice

DataScientist

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone,

I am testing the new S3 Saloon tomorrow. I've never owned an Audi before but I am really looking forward to it. Is there anything I should be looking out for or any known issues?

The car they have available in the factory has everything I want other than the magnetic ride. If they build one then I'm looking at next March/April which seems like a long wait. Is it worth waiting for the magnetic or can you live without it?

95% of my driving is daily commuting to and from work in Manchester.

any advice is appreciated!

S3 saloon has magride as standard is it a S3 you want

Reactions: Rob2k68
God help us, not another mentally challenged salesman trying to sell mag ride as an option on a saloon!!

....what's the full spec and colour??

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
God help us, not another mentally challenged salesman trying to sell mag ride as an option on a saloon!!

....what's the full spec and colour??
bet ye its Sepang...lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Simon L
We need more Team Daytona members c'mon people !!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mag ride helps in comfort mode eg makes the car softer so that your spine isn't crushed as you drive along! Mag ride is standard in the UK saloon although OP may be abroad of course ...

TX.

Edit - LOL just seen Manchester :relaxed:

2nd edit - gratuitous pic:

35byw5u.jpg

Reactions: Simon L, DataScientist, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Yeah it's blue - to be honest it's not my first choice in terms of colour but at the same time, it is nice all the same.

It has the comfort pack with front and rear sensors
Tech pack
Black styling pack
19" Wing alloys
B&O system
Auto gearbox

I didn't get a reply on heated seats so I'm assuming these are standard or part of the comfort pack?

Reactions: Simon L
Mag ride helps in comfort mode eg makes the car softer so that your spine isn't crushed as you drive along! Mag ride is standard in the UK saloon although OP may be abroad of course ...

TX.

Edit - LOL just seen Manchester :relaxed:

2nd edit - gratuitous pic:

35byw5u.jpg
Nice ride! Why LOL for Manchester?

Yeah it's blue - to be honest it's not my first choice in terms of colour but at the same time, it is nice all the same.

It has the comfort pack with front and rear sensors
Tech pack
Black styling pack
19" Wing alloys
B&O system
Auto gearbox

I didn't get a reply on heated seats so I'm assuming these are standard or part of the comfort pack?
heated seats are standard equipment on S3.

Reactions: Rob2k68
heated seats are standard equipment on S3.

Sounds like fate or something. When I called I wasn't expecting them to have one available. I've only seen 2 on the road and one of them was at my neighbours house so they are either very rare, or not popular in my area.

Sounds like fate or something. When I called I wasn't expecting them to have one available. I've only seen 2 on the road and one of them was at my neighbours house so they are either very rare, or not popular in my area.

I've only seen one S3 saloon in the last 8 months...................looked rather like our friend the terminator's above!! lol

Reactions: Terminator x
.......BTW you got B&O........nothing else matters!! ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DataScientist
Ah well to be fair I was driving while I was speaking to her so I may have misheard her about the magnetic ride.

But yeah the B&O was a must have for me.

Can't wait! I hope the rain holds off. I'm really looking forward to having AWD traction having had RWD for years now.

Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06 and Simon L
I've been watching some guy on YouTube who's getting 0-60 in sub 4 seconds with a remap which is incredible!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I've been watching some guy on YouTube who's getting 0-60 in sub 4 seconds with a remap which is incredible!!

I can believe that !! ;o)

Enoy the test drive today and let us know how you get on.

Reactions: j0nny2013 and Simon L
It's at 2pm today so I can't wait. Weather is ok today too which is good!! Unless something drastic happens that car is mine!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
It's at 2pm today so I can't wait. Weather is ok today too which is good!! Unless something drastic happens that car is mine!!

Yeah, I'm not far down the road from you......looking good, blowing a hooley but fine and bright!!

Enjoy!! :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
It's days like today that I hate having the BM. It's all over the place when the road is greasy.
Bring on the AWD!!!

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Scottyg
3 degrees where I am today so if it's anything like that up north then you might get to experience the heated seats as well lol !!

Scrub my nonsense above, not down the road from you...........was thinking of our new friend with the solar orange S3!!

Ok so it did not go to plan at all. The trade price I was offered for my car was £2k less than what I was told before I arrived which was really frustrating.
I did get to test one and I was really impressed. I'm in a 3ltr diesel now with bags of torque so I was worried the S3 would be sluggish in comparison but it picks up speed remarkably well.
The grip was noticeably better than my BM which was great and really gives you more confidence on the road, especially in the damp conditions like today.

I need to think about what to do though. The reduction in my deposit means the payments are more than I can swallow.

You thought about selling privately? I got £2200 more from Evans Halshaw than Audi trade-in. Get a quote from WBAC and EH will guarantee to beat it by at least £175.

Don't give up on the idea pal...I went to three dealers....first dealer would not discount the car and offered me a low trade in .....second dealer near insulted me...so walked out.....third dealer discounted car by 10.2% and gave me a half decent trade in price...so try a few more dealers....you will get sorted somewere buddy

Car salesman are easy to deal with and motivated by sales, he knows you are interested and probably emotionally involved with an S3 as you took a test drive.

The cost to change is the relevant number or the monthly payments, simply say if you can get to £x I will sign the deal today otherwise I am walking away to try another dealer.........the key thing is to actually walk away but be completely polite and civil about it with no emotion, it is simply a business deal. If he lets you walk and doesn't get back in touch within 2 or 3 days then he genuinely can't do it. Then do the same with other dealers, if no dealer can get to it then your expectations are unrealistic and you are the one who needs to come up a bit.

Remember the S3 is just a mass produced motor car, nothing special and there will always be ones available to buy as opposed to your only opportunity to buy and own one!

Reactions: mister.c. and DataScientist
ive got one at the moment on demo waiting for my sportback theyre immense i love the saloon! looks so cool and different.

Can anyone tell me the difference in the media display? The S3 saloon comes with nav standard I am told but the tech pack offers a bigger screen. Is it worth paying the extra for the screen? Ive got pro nav now with loads of storage and apps which I never used so I'm not interested in any of that anyway, I just want the big screen.

I've called a few more dealers today to see if any of them can give me more on the px so hopefully I'll find out tomorrow. I dont want to pay more than £300/month but I'm yet to get any solid figures so I don't know if I'm living in dream land yet.