New S3 review (15/09/20)

Imo, 8Y saloon is looking far better than the SB

Imo, 8V saloon looks as good as the SB

But..... Saloon drives better, really?

Imo, 8Y saloon is looking far better than the SB

Imo, 8V saloon looks as good as the SB

But..... Saloon drives better, really?
Yes it does handle better l owned a S3 Sportback for 30 months before getting a Saloon the sportback was the worst handling car l have owned

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yes it does handle better l owned a S3 Sportback for 30 months before getting a Saloon the sportback was the worst handling car l have owned

You must of owned some s... cars in your time if an S3 Sportback is the worst handling car you've owned

Reactions: John Pilkington

Did you a drive FL hatch Jassy, how did FL hatch and FL saloon compare?

Did you a drive FL hatch Jassy, how did FL hatch and FL saloon compare?
Face lift hatch with magride and 19s handles far better than one without S3 saloon has a wider front track which in turn makes it handle a bit better

Face lift hatch with magride and 19s handles far better than one without S3 saloon has a wider front track which in turn makes it handle a bit better

Got you, so different set ups, always assumed that they were the same underneath.

Interesting M3/4 release video today.

Got you, so different set ups, always assumed that they were the same underneath.

Interesting M3/4 release video today.

They look awesome love the colours on both the M3/4, 510bhp now thats Audi bashing power

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and TYb
They look awesome love the colours on both the M3/4, 510bhp now thats Audi bashing power

The grill actually works on the M models.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I wasn't sure about the grille initially ... but its maybe growing on me.

Does look an immense car.

Reactions: TYb and Mr Freeze
I wasn't sure about the grille initially ... but its maybe growing on me.

Does look an immense car.

I wan't sure about the grille either but on the m3/4 I think it works . The interior looks good especially the seats I even think the green paint
and black wheels work for the M cars .

Reactions: TYb and Snake Pliskin

The most....photographed.... well should l say the only photographed S3 Saloon in existence,with headlights that size Ye dont need to be Sherlock to realise what they'll do with them come the face lifted car....lol

Reactions: TYb, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Its doesn't drive better its the same car and your in the minority of people who think it looks better sale prove that .
Go look at comparison youtube reviews of both....
Why do you think the rs3 sportback has flared front arches and the rs3 saloon doesnt....the 8v saloon doesnt share one single body panel with the sportback...so yeah its the same car .........?????

Go look at comparison youtube reviews of both....
Why do you think the rs3 sportback has flared front arches and the rs3 saloon doesnt....the 8v saloon doesnt share one single body panel with the sportback...so yeah its the same car .........?????

Were talking about S3 not Rs3

They might not share the same panels as one is a Sportback and one is a saloon you don't have to be Einstein to work that one out .

The laughs on you they are the same car :laughing:

Last edited:
been watching a few of the S3 Ed1 reviews and honestly loving the look of the Saloon. SB just looks terrible this time round (and no, I am not biased, I have a MY18 RS3 8V SB!!!!!)

RS3 Saloon looks to be on the cards for me next yr hopefully

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
If the Liftback ever happens this might be the best of both worlds. Got to to say the red and black combo looks good.

Were talking about S3 not Rs3

They might not share the same panels as one is a Sportback and one is a saloon you don't have to be Einstein to work that one out .

The laughs on you they are the same car :laughing:

Back in the day when the 8v forum was at it's peak....there were loads of Sportback owners who had the same mindset as yourself....otherwise known as The Sportback chip on their shoulder brigade

Back in the day when the 8v forum was at it's peak....there were loads of Sportback owners who had the same mindset as yourself....otherwise known as The Sportback chip on their shoulder brigade

The only person who as a chip on their shoulder on this forum is you pal . The @jassyo06 opinion matters or nothing club :laughing:

Reactions: JohnM100, JDHOWELLS, txosbi and 3 others