New S3 Questions....

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Picked up my new 2010 S3 SB S-tronic on Friday and I’m chuffed to bits!! This thing flies compared to my old 3.2. Pics to come soon, the sprint blue is looking awesome in the sun!

I’ve got a few questions that I’m hoping you can help with…

Climate: On my old A3 it had an Econ button, the S3 has an AC button instead. If I put it on Auto, should the AC button be on as well? AC button lit = AC on, or AC button not lit = AC on?

Speech Control: Got my iPhone all synced up via BT and transfered my contacts. I can see them in the DIS and can dial them, but when I try to dial using the SDS, it just says the phonebook is empty? Also, can I control the NAV/AMI/Radio via speech?

Rear DRL/VCDS: On my old A3 I enabled Scandinavian mode for the DRLs (Front and Rear), but looking at Module 09 in the S3 this option seems to have gone? Have do I enable the rear DRLs?

That’s about it the mo, I’m off for another thrash! :w00t:

Can only answer the Air Con bit mate... We have a 2010 A3 as well as mine and the A/c and Auto need to be lit otherwise you will fry in this weather as A/c won't be on. ;)

Can only answer the Air Con bit mate... We have a 2010 A3 as well as mine and the A/c and Auto need to be lit otherwise you will fry in this weather as A/c won't be on. ;)

Nice one, cheers. Thought so, looks like they have reversed the logic on the new climate. About time too!

are we sure about this? i thought the A/C button was the same as the "ECON" button the the 8P1/8P2

Just checked mate, and its much colder with AC light on!

are we sure about this? i thought the A/C button was the same as the "ECON" button the the 8P1/8P2

It is but reversed.... You turn the air con on instead of turning the Econ on which effectively turned the air con off!

riiiiight... this is very helpful, thank you.

Speech thing has to be done in addition to phone book, you need to do a voice tag for each contact u want to store for voice dialling

Thanks, got it to do voice tags and call people so thats sorted. However looking in the RNS-E handbook I should be able to say things like 'Radio' and 'Next Track' etc however it just keeps saying 'Function not availible' . Why can I only control the phone and not the other functions? Do I need this SDS 'hack' that I've read about it? Surely all this should work from the factory (its all factory fit).

Cheers

Do I need this SDS 'hack' that I've read about it? Surely all this should work from the factory (its all factory fit).

Cheers

bingo!

unfortunately the SDS was an extra that literally no one spec'ed but dont think its too much work to add it

How do you add it? Is it just a matter of updating the software in the RNS-E unit?

shhh silky you cant be saying things like that, theres no way the 3.2 is that much slower than an S3 haha :)

great looking car mate, virtually my perfect S3, i am sooo jealous...had it had open sky i'd be breaking ya door down ;)

bingo!

unfortunately the SDS was an extra that literally no one spec'ed but dont think its too much work to add it

Cheers, I see thats a shame. Any info on how to add it?

Anyone know about this?

Rear DRL/VCDS: On my old A3 I enabled Scandinavian mode for the DRLs (Front and Rear), but looking at Module 09 in the S3 this option seems to have gone? Have do I enable the rear DRLs?

Cheers :)