new s3 owner

chunk090883

Reaction score
hi all I used to have 2.0 tdi a3, but then got audi a4 convertible but the kept gettings problems with the roof so started to look for another a3 tdi, but somehow ended up buying an s3, soon as I test drove it I knew I had to buy it

pics of all the car
a3

a4

s3

few questions most pictures I see have flat bottom sterring wheel but mine has normal round, why is this or was it an optional extra?
are there any problems I should look out for?

and whats the best remap to go for, I really don't have a clue about tuning cars is the anywhere good in surrey to go, im based in reigate?

Reactions: Sandra
Good choice.

Flat bottom wheel was an option until later cars.

NHN and a couple of others on here can retrofit pretty much anything that you want including the flat bottom wheel.

I have used REVO and SHARK maps in the past and recommend both.

One of the biggest issues with the manual S3s is the clutch.
In particular on remapped cars.
Mine only lasted 20K , 15K of which on REVO Stage 1.

Don't let that put you off though, Stage 1 makes a big difference.

enjoy:thumbsup:

Which cars that? Looks alot like the 2007 57 plate audi had on the inchape network?

hi all I used to have 2.0 tdi a3, but then got audi a4 convertible but the kept gettings problems with the roof so started to look for another a3 tdi, but somehow ended up buying an s3, soon as I test drove it I knew I had to buy it

and whats the best remap to go for, I really don't have a clue about tuning cars is the anywhere good in surrey to go, im based in reigate?

As below,the clutch is a weak area,and other than that,dodgy coil packs and plugs can cause misfires under load(again esp if remapped),plus service items such as Haldex and cam follower if appropriate.

I went with Revo for remaps,and ended up with what I'm running now,with no significant problems along the way.

You also have Shark,APR and others to choose from now.

If you can bear the journey to Lakeside,AMDTuning do all of the work on my car.

Reactions: Sandra

pics of all the car
a3

a4

s3

few questions most pictures I see have flat bottom sterring wheel but mine has normal round, why is this or was it an optional extra?

Very nice cars. NHN is your man for retrofitting anything to your car, 1st class job will be what you get, he supplies/fits and travels to do this kind of work. If you pm him he will give you prices for any little extras you may want retrofitted. Enjoy the car. :) x

Reactions: S3Alex
finally picked the s3 up today and loving it so far, but one quick question, there seems to be a clicking noise when I accelerate, is this normal? or what could it be?

pics of all the car
a3

a4

s3

Nice hope you enjoying? what milage has the car done? if you remap it can guarantee it will slip mine took a week to start lol
so unless you got the money for a clutch and flywheel i would leave it standard.

Nice hope you enjoying? what milage has the car done? if you remap it can guarantee it will slip mine took a week to start lol
so unless you got the money for a clutch and flywheel i would leave it standard.

It's not guaranteed that the clutch will slip at stage 1, no tuner will guarantee it won't slip and most will advise to budget for an uprated clutch but my car for example hasn't slipped once in the near 10k miles it's been mapped for.

Yip I second that... Stage 1 should not affect your clutch at all in the short term... you just might have been unlucky and had a clutch that was on its way out