New S3 owner/Thread

Hmm so its a toss up between rtech pcv or the new revision R pcv which is half the price.
Am going to order new oil pick up and fuel filter tomorrow though of mike.. poss new pcv as well. Cant make my mind up.

Another thing ive been looking at are silicone throttle body hose. And RFD (£70)... is there anything else needed to fit these? Gaskets etc. I will be custom tuning but some say no difference, but i read @Doogie... review i think it was and it did make a difference

Hmm so its a toss up between rtech pcv or the new revision R pcv which is half the price.
Am going to order new oil pick up and fuel filter tomorrow though of mike.. poss new pcv as well. Cant make my mind up.

Another thing ive been looking at are silicone throttle body hose. And RFD (£70)... is there anything else needed to fit these? Gaskets etc. I will be custom tuning but some say no difference, but i read @Doogie... review i think it was and it did make a difference
If your thinking of getting a throttle pipe then the cts one comes with a silicone throttle body hose.

Reactions: mechanic69
Ahh. I was just looking at the elbow one at £30 as thats what i thought people ment haha. But i guess they mean the whole thing?

There's a couple of different options here, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

CTS Turbo Outlet Pipe £204: http://www.psituning.com/product.ph...bo_outlet_pipe_2_0tfsi_k04__k1_ed30_r_tts_s3_
  • Turbo Outlet Pipe
  • Turbo Muffler Delete
  • Silicone Hose
CTS Turbo Throttle Pipe £190: http://www.psituning.com/product.php/22769/cts_turbo_throttle_pipe_2_0t_golf_mk5_etc
  • Turbo Throttle Pipe
  • Silicone Throttle Body Hose
Forge Turbo Muffle Delete Pipe Kit £140: https://www.awesomegti.com/brands/forge/forge-turbo-muffler-delete-pipe-ea113ko4-engine/
  • Turbo Muffler Delete
  • Silicone Hose
Forge Turbo Muffler Delete Pipe £120: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/VW..._Delete_Pipe_EA888_Engine--product--1404.html
  • Turbo Muffler Delete
Forge Silicone Throttle Body Hose £32: https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/forge/forge-silicone-throttle-body-hose-for-2-0tfsi/
  • Silicone Throttle Body Hose
There's mixed opinions on the outlet pipe as some say they've lost some torque because of it, this may be due to the fact they aren't custom mapped though so haven't had the map tweaked since. The turbo muffler delete and silicone throttle body hose both have good reviews across the board and so for now I'll be going for the Forge TMD pipe kit and their silicone throttle body hose. I will be inquiring with Storm Devs if the CTS turbo outlet and turbo throttle pipes are worthwhile before any purchases are made.

Yeah my understanding is mixed reviews also. I have decided to go a new pcv rather than the R-Tech delete though. But i think what am going to do is get stage2+ sorted... bit of maintance, then order some of these pipes and RFD then see rick for a retune. That way i have the power i wanted and then look at other thing later on which dont seem to be needed as much.

I am speaking to mike about new pcv, Fuel filter, oil pick up pipe so this may put my map on the back burner

Well a productive hour. Speaking to few people and spending money like am a millionaire haha. Just ordered:

Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+ Full Synthetic Engine Oil (2017) 5 litres
Then spoke to mike to order a few things:
Oil filter
Oil pick up pipe & gasket
Fuel filter
New PCV
Then spoke to Tups to order some new reg plate bulbs.

Reactions: S., adi3390, S3Alex and 1 other person
Well a productive hour. Speaking to few people and spending money like am a millionaire haha. Just ordered:

Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+ Full Synthetic Engine Oil (2017) 5 litres
Then spoke to mike to order a few things:
Oil filter
Oil pick up pipe & gasket
Fuel filter
New PCV
Then spoke to Tups to order some new reg plate bulbs.

Where did you get your Millers Oil from? and do you have a link?

Thanks

Fitted my milltek downpipe today.. finally.

At first i thought meh no difference but when on boost its so much better. Overall am happy with the way it is

Reactions: HHS3
Looking on your list then you've got spacers mentioned of which we touched base on these a little earlier in this thread (post 72).

Your S3 Black Edition rotors are 18''/7.5J/ET54 and the ideal spacer recommendations are 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear.

I've got a pair of Creation Motorsport 12mm Hub Centric Spacers that have only covered a 100 miles for sale, PM me if interested. They're absolutely fine with minimal marks from just simply where they were fitted, no damage whatsoever. I bought 12mm for the rear by mistake as my aftermarket alloys are ET45 all round and so I was getting rubbing because with these on the rear I was effectively ET33.

Here is the product in question which does exactly the same as the H&R variant but at half the price: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-S...171184723224?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRIRTB:GB:3160

When i click on your name to send message it wont let me bud. Could be interested though mate

Strange, you're the second person whose had this. I'll try PM you instead.

Reactions: Kaine19
You should check your privacy settings as you've probably locked things right down :)

There you have it, the check box for members being able to message me was not ticked! Thanks for your help as always mate.

Am now in a position to start booking my remap :). Well i say i am but currently doing a million exams at work, so at the minute i dont know my rest day pattern. Ive noticed a few slots available at unicorn but i dont want to put a deposit down and then have to cancel due to not being able to get time off work. So i am being sensible and waiting.

Ive bought a few things and fitted a few things ready for the map.
12mm rear spacers thanks to @HHS3 (not fitted yet.. need the fronts now)
LED Reg plate bulbs - need get a picture
I did have some LED festoon bulbs lying around, which were luckily same size as our interior. I need to take some pics at night really.
Tried fitting my rear wiper kit but i couldn't get the wiper off haha.

I've fitted
New PCV valve
GFB DV+
Fuel filter
Oil pick up pipe
Also oil and filter change
Carbon clean.. (not sure if any difference... maybe low down RPM.. but that could also be my mind playing tricks.)

Still need to fit autotech internals/rs4 fuel valve and cam follower kit... ill do that closer to remap day
Am thinking changing plugs also, i dont have any problems but maybe worth doing (cars on 54k) any recommendations on which ones?

Another little blast on the tops to see any difference... 3rd and 4th gear am finding it to be pretty slow now... thats just because its smooth power i think though, and now am used to to it.

Am now in a position to start booking my remap :). Well i say i am but currently doing a million exams at work, so at the minute i dont know my rest day pattern. Ive noticed a few slots available at unicorn but i dont want to put a deposit down and then have to cancel due to not being able to get time off work. So i am being sensible and waiting.

I did have some LED festoon bulbs lying around, which were luckily same size as our interior. I need to take some pics at night really.

I've fitted
New PCV valve
GFB DV+
Fuel filter
Oil pick up pipe
Carbon clean.. (not sure if any difference... maybe low down RPM.. but that could also be my mind playing tricks.)

Still need to fit autotech internals/rs4 fuel valve and cam follower kit... ill do that closer to remap day
Am thinking changing plugs also, i dont have any problems but maybe worth doing (cars on 54k) any recommendations on which ones?

Another little blast on the tops to see any difference... 3rd and 4th gear am finding it to be pretty slow now... thats just because its smooth power i think though, and now am used to to it.

10mm front spacers are a good choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've fitted
New PCV valve
GFB DV+
Fuel filter
Oil pick up pipe

Car is looking good mate as well as your list of upgrades!

The rear wiper is a right pain in the @ss! I had to spray a load of WD40, let it soak for a while and then gently but firmly wiggle the living grannies out of it to get it off! Failing that then there is a wiper removal tool you can get which helps get the job done.

As for spark plugs then Storm Devs recommend the new R8 one's which are the NGK PFR7W-T 5592, both S3Alex and leshkin have them fitted and I'll also be going for them for when stage 2+ finally comes.

Don't worry about the sluggish stock S3's performance, stage 2+ will transform it into a beast, even stage 1 sorts it out to be fair and is what it should've come as standard.

R8 spark plugs haha. You wouldnt think they would be the same would you. I soaked it with wd40 and still wouldnt come off. Going to buy the little tool to help me. Reading about people smashing rear screens put me off attacking it haha.

Yeah stage1 map on my vxr totally changed it, so i can imagine its the same

No you wouldn't haha, the NGK PFR7W-T 5592 are known for their self-cleaning properties due to the 3-prong design.

Yeah it is a right pig and definitely not worth risking smashing your screen, just remember to pop a screw in the end of the water spray tube, add sealant then sellotape to make sure it doesn't leak in your boot.

My brother had a stage 2 Astra VXR Nurburgring edition with 280bhp which was a little rocket, the Remus exhaust sounded lovely, just a shame it was FWD the torque steer was ridiculous!

Yeah i dont think i put my water pipe back on i tried washing the rear screen and no water came out.... poss wet boot now hahaha. Yeah i love the Burgs. Mine was 295bhp and 340lbft torque. I did get a progressive map though to try contain the torque steer.

Ordered new plugs. I was about to order lowering springs as i can get discount on HR at eurocarparts but i decided against it and ordered the cam chain kit instead. Am sure thats the right way to go haha

Tough thing to do but was the right choice!

So as the whole of Manchester has had a very poo day, my work place at the minute is shut (Manchester victoria). I thought I would update a few tiny things to cheer my self up and reflect on life. It's such a sad state of affairs that we live in today, I have served my country for 10 years and yet still feel it was for nothing, anyways enough of that.

First of all the pictures of the LED I mentioned in a previous post

Then my key started to peel. I have seen a guy who does Bentley style keys for £80 but for now, I ordered this rubber cover. Not bad I think £4 delivered

My cam chain kit has arrived, thanks to Mike. I have noticed 3 screws which look the same as the ones in the cam follower kit? Also ordered 4 new spark plugs

Lastly, I already had a red gecko but I thought he needed a friend, so I bought one with a German t-shirt haha :). Please excuse the Justin Bieber, nothing to do with me hahaha

I've also applied to put my private reg back on... £170 because I haven't done it since 2015

Reactions: Spiezels and HHS3
So sad, I can't imagine what people must be going through.. It's a dangerous world we live in with the amount of cowards there are! :rage:

The LED's are a nice touch, they really bring the interior up to scratch.

£170 to put plate back on, what a ****ing joke!

What are the required parts for the cam chain kit and any ideas what it would typically cost to fit? I'm getting mine done next week - I've been quoted £396 inc vat fitted. Not sure if this is good or includes all the required parts. I've emailed to ask. Sorry to hijack the thread!

It is very dangerous indeed. Really like the LED. Like you say they bring the interior up nicely.

Cam chain kit i couldnt direct you on parts am afraid. I just got in touch with mike and said this is what i need. Roughly around £200 for the kit. A friend has qouted me £100 to do. Maybe cheaper depending on how long it takes him and if he can get hold of the tool to do the job

Reactions: samuelh_888
As for the plate. I had already paid £80 to put it on another to which i didnt do. So i only expected another £80 for the year i didnt pay to retain it... the friggin thing only cost me £250... its cost me double or more through changing cars haha

What are the required parts for the cam chain kit and any ideas what it would typically cost to fit? I'm getting mine done next week - I've been quoted £396 inc vat fitted. Not sure if this is good or includes all the required parts. I've emailed to ask. Sorry to hijack the thread!

I paid around £180 for the cam chain & tensioner kit this time last year, the garage I took it to charged me £250 to fit it as it's a fairly labour intensive job.

As for the plate. I had already paid £80 to put it on another to which i didnt do. So i only expected another £80 for the year i didnt pay to retain it... the friggin thing only cost me £250... its cost me double or more through changing cars haha

Ouch!

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Kaine19
Another day off due to my work place being closed still....finally fitted my rear wiper delete. And I fitted some creation motorsport spacers 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear. Pretty pleased as I did it my self and am not very mechanically minded. Rear wiper am just letting it settle before I give it a good clean

Spacers before and after pics

Hopefully got decent enough pictures so you can tell. Will look better when I eventually get springs and lower it

Looking good mate, nicely done

Pretty slow on the mods and stuff with the car lately. Just little update on my plans.

Booked in Thursday for
Cam chain
Rs4 valve
Autotech internals
Tracking
Exhaust never came with a hanger to put in the bushes but miltek are a nightmare try sort a part out.
I dunno if exhaust is blowing slightly also.
Do the dogmount insert.

Am ready to then get stage2+ map. I have florida end of August at then summer nearly over. So decided to get front mount. Inlet and injector clean before a map. Going to check disc and pads also. So maybe the map wont happen till early next year. Just have to see

Reactions: HHS3 and mechanic69
Not sure what has happened to photbucket but, hopefully this works.

Pretty skint but couldnt turn this down, thanks to @psmurphy they came today and are in perfect condition

Reactions: psmurphy
Nicely done mate, you got a cracking deal on them!

Very good deal. I didnt think they would be available still at that price.

Not sure when i can fit them, depends on how much thursdays jobs will cost me. If i have wait till August pay day then so be it i guess

Glad the springs got to you ok :racer:

Photobucket have introduced new T&C stating that unless you pay them they will no longer allow images to be displayed in third party sites such as this forum

Hmm. Any other site we can use which is similar?

Not sure what has happened to photbucket but, hopefully this works.

Pretty skint but couldnt turn this down, thanks to @psmurphy they came today and are in perfect condition

I had a message from Photobucket saying my free account can’t be used for hosting pics on other sites so wants me to pay, ******** to that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: S.