New s3 owner, Temp gauge all over the place

I just bought the 80mm blue jetex filter two weeks ago. I can' fit it yet until my bigger tip arrives but looking at the jetex one I'm glad I got it it looks quality and I have read on here that the 80mm blue jetex filter and 80mm tip is one of the cheapest upgrades for bhp.

There's nothing wrong with an s2000 cone filter for stage 1 / 1.5 I get 225g/s through mine. It's a really tight fit directly only the maf without any clamps into my MAF anyway.

There's nothing wrong with an s2000 cone filter for stage 1 / 1.5 I get 225g/s through mine. It's a really tight fit directly only the maf without any clamps into my MAF anyway.
No there's nothing wrong with it as proven & it's a good low cost option.
Mine had managed to work itself free of the maf. As the neck on it is solid plastic I don't know how good a jubilee clip would be at clamping it to the maf, a bead of mastic could be used on the neck to seal it & hold it in place but I don't really want to be messing about with mastic every time the filter needs to be changed or removed. A short length of silicone pipe & two clamps would do it, just comes down to what finished look you want really & practicality.
Stuart is yours just pushed on with no problems working lose or have you mounted it some way?

I can' fit it yet until my bigger tip arrives
I wanted to get the heat shield with the filter too but there currently out of stock atm so I'll wait till there back in to save on postage.
The only reason I'd go for the bmc is to match the colour of my tip....... I can't see there being any performance difference between the two as if there was everyone would run the bmc

No there's nothing wrong with it as proven & it's a good low cost option.
Mine had managed to work itself free of the maf. As the neck on it is solid plastic I don't know how good a jubilee clip would be at clamping it to the maf, a bead of mastic could be used on the neck to seal it & hold it in place but I don't really want to be messing about with mastic every time the filter needs to be changed or removed. A short length of silicone pipe & two clamps would do it, just comes down to what finished look you want really & practicality.
Stuart is yours just pushed on with no problems working lose or have you mounted it some way?

Yep just twisted on, I don't have the £15 paper version on currently though, mine is a cosworth fabric one out was about £35 I still have a paper one too with no problems just pushed and twisted onto MAF.

Filterblue

B5TIP2

Last edited:
Reactions: ADs3
Yup , All the work and expense ive incurred, 95 % was undoing the bodges , installed by the previous owners , however , some one did replace all the induction pipe work with silicone molded parts, replaced a valve and fitted a brembo 4 pot brake conversion kit , has it been mapped , ive no idea , no one can tell me, may be thats why it objects to the air con load at idle ? , but its quicker than average , as yogi would say
G,

its easy to see if it has been mapped see what the boost pressure is - at standard it's about 12psi mapped 18+psi

analogue turbo gauge in-between inlet and DV - I don't have a registered version of VCDS so cannot log requested versus actual.

Android Torque Pro - is a little crazy in the "real time" readings eg 36PSI spikes, you need to use the track recorder or logger to get some more stable figures.

the point is even a generic stage 1 map will have an elevated boost pressure compared to stock.

£72! I thought it was about 40-50 or is that just on dyno days

they say £36 for a club day - the idea of hiring the entire set up for £400 for 4 hours might sound reasonable but I bet it takes 20-30 minutes per run if a new car each time?
- get old car off
- get new car on
- make sure car is warm enough
- pull fuse etc etc
- clear the area in case of explosion
- put out then drag blown-up cars off the ramps?