New S3 ordered

ChrisP1303

Reaction score
Decided to take the plunge yesterday and ordered myself a S3 Vorsprung in Turbo Blue, ETA 6-8 Months.

This wait is going to kill me

Decided to take the plunge yesterday and ordered myself a S3 Vorsprung in Turbo Blue, ETA 6-8 Months.

You won’t regret it! I love my S3 Vorsprung.

Did you go sportback or saloon?

I had a S3 a few years ago and loved it, I miss it so decided to treat myself.

Did you go sportback or saloon?

I had a S3 a few years ago and loved it, I miss it so decided to treat myself.
I went Sportback, though to be fair it was a cancelled order that my dealer pointed me in the direction of when I wanted to swap my Q3 Sportback. Before that I had a 17 plate S3 cabriolet in navarra blue and that was a great car. I missed the drive ability of the S3 and got bored of the Q3, though I thought it was a good looking car. I’m glad it was a cancelled order too as it only took 5 weeks from first call, it was already in Emden waiting to come to the uk, plus nothing was missing from the spec, and it had the red callipers too. Daytona grey.

I went Sportback, though to be fair it was a cancelled order that my dealer pointed me in the direction of when I wanted to swap my Q3 Sportback. Before that I had a 17 plate S3 cabriolet in navarra blue and that was a great car. I missed the drive ability of the S3 and got bored of the Q3, though I thought it was a good looking car. I’m glad it was a cancelled order too as it only took 5 weeks from first call, it was already in Emden waiting to come to the uk, plus nothing was missing from the spec, and it had the red callipers too. Daytona grey.

Given waiting lists at the moment that’s some good luck there.

No regrets on it?

Given waiting lists at the moment that’s some good luck there.

No regrets on it?
Yes after reading about wait times on here absolutely no regrets. The tech in the vorsprung is great in my opinion. Perfect for a bit of lazy motorway driving, then a good thrash around some A roads. MPG is far better than the Q3 too - only when you drive carefully though ;-)

I’ve currently just got a run around until the S3 is ready, picked up a A4 Avant 2.0TFSi so the S3 will probably be better on mpg on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RichK

if you get the car within 8 months count yourself extremely lucky ...saloon is the better looker ....8Y sportbacks design seems at odds with its self panoramic roofs and chip and wire looms are the main culprits for longer delays

Yeah had a good chat with dealer, he’s outright said 100% it won’t be this year unless things drastically change which is fine for me.

I was also lucky enough to order it for a £1 deposit then pay the rest just before collection.

Enjoy it when it arrives, had mine for 18 months now and love it.

Reactions: RichK