New S3 on PCP Advice...

Jiten C

Reaction score
Hi fellow Audi owners!
Looking for some help/advice as I've never previously ventured into new car sales...
I've priced up a S3 saloon with various options totalling £44500, with discount it's approx £39650... The quote I received today is below... I was hoping for approx £450 with a £3000 deposit, am I being unrealistic?

Deposit: £4000
Term: 48mths
Mileage: 8k pa
Repayments: £500.78
GFV: £17,218.75
APR: 5.0%

Been told if I increase my deposit to £6000 I can get monthly payments to £450, but I don't want to put that much down... What's your advice?

Not much you can do unless you can push them for a bigger discount. It's a case of simple maths.....the rate is what it is. And you also can't go beyond 48 months. Suppose you could downgrade the spec a little.....a £44.5k spec is a very good one.....sounds like you have ticked a lot of boxes.

Hi Yes, you are right, I think I may have ticked some boxes for the sake of it, will double check the spec and see if I can take a few things off...its so difficult though, i want it all!!

These are my options...

Your Audi S3:
S3 TFSI QUATTRO S TRONIC [EDIT] S3 [EDIT]
Petrol - Automatic - 4 doors
£35,060
CRYSTAL - PANTHER BLACK

[EDIT COLOUR]
£775
COMFORT PACK - A3 WITH ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL AND PARKING SYSTEM PLUS [EDIT OPTION]
£1,205
EXTENDED INTERIOR ELEMENTS MONO.PUR [EDIT OPTION]
£295
LED HEADLIGHTS WITH HEADLIGHT WASHERS [EDIT OPTION]
£795
ALCANTARA/LEATHER - BLACK WITH SILVER STITCHING [EDIT OPTION]
£0
HILL HOLD ASSIST [EDIT OPTION]
£90
ELECTRIC LUMBAR SUPPORT [EDIT OPTION]
£195
AUDI SIDE ASSIST [EDIT OPTION]
£450
BLACK STYLING PACK - A3 [EDIT OPTION]
£395
BANG + OLUFSEN ADVANCED SOUND SYSTEM [EDIT OPTION]
£750
NON SMOKING PACK - A3 [EDIT OPTION]
£0
PRIVACY GLASS [EDIT OPTION]
£290
ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE/HEATED/FOLDING DOOR MIRRORS [EDIT OPTION]
£150
ADVANCED KEY [EDIT OPTION]
£425
PANORAMIC GLASS SUNROOF [EDIT OPTION]
£950
TORNADO RED BRAKE CALLIPERS [EDIT OPTION]
£325
3D DESIGN BLACK INLAYS [EDIT OPTION]
£0
TECHNOLOGY PACK WITH MOBILE TELEPHONE PREPARATION HIGH - A3/RS3 [EDIT OPTION]
£1,795

TOTAL RRP
£43,945

should get a £4500 discount if I'm lucky via carwow

should get a £4500 discount if I'm lucky via carwow

Nice spec, very similar to mine. Lots of your spec is very useful but there are a couple of ones which having had 2 of them on both my S3s this year I would take out if needed.

To be perfectly honest the red calipers I wouldn't spec again, they are half black anyway. If you are going for panther black then it does look great with chrome too. You could also maybe live without advanced key. After all the normal key does the same job. Opens the car and starts it. If I were you I'd stick £400 into a pro detail instead.

If the bsp is what you want though then I'd lose advanced key and calipers to keep the cost down. You could always have the standard calipers painted privately for much less.

In regards to your deposit. As a rule of thumb I wouldn't put more than 10% down otherwise you could end up with a negative equity at the end of your term. If you wanted to jump out at 24 or 36 months then having equity would allow you to do this. I used to work at an Audi centre so have seen lots of people trying to squeeze into cars they couldn't afford. Set your limit and stick to it. If you can get 12% off (I did) then that's about as much as you'll get. If it's still coming too high, tell the dealer to see if there's anything they can do to help. Last resort, slash the spec slightly.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks for the advice, that's really useful... From the other options selected are there any options I could retrofit later?

The engine start button Why I wanted the advanced key...

Looking at it, I could remove the BSP, electric lumbar support, red calipers, advanced key and even privacy glass could be done as a retrofit

Reactions: naughts4187
Advance key makes life easier for the tea leaves so another reason to delete it ;)

TX.

Advance key makes life easier for the tea leaves so another reason to delete it ;)

TX.

If they really want to steal your car? they will just break into your house and steal the keys,Keyless entry is really nice,l miss it had it on my Focus ST, BUT..other better options got priority,Naughts summed it up nicely.

This thread highlights the 'personal preference' card once again!!

Advanced key would be right up near the top of my list next time. The push button start is great but best of all I just love strolling up to the car and opening the door, no dicking around and fumbling in my pockets for the key ;)

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Thanks for the advice, that's really useful... From the other options selected are there any options I could retrofit later?

The engine start button Why I wanted the advanced key...

Looking at it, I could remove the BSP, electric lumbar support, red calipers, advanced key and even privacy glass could be done as a retrofit

Lumbar is a must for me but that's my personal choice, I don't like soft seats. But in the end it's your choice. You've got to love that car every time you see it for 48 months so make it as you want it! If you are not too bothered about BSP and calipers then get them off, massive savings there. If the key is only for the button then that's your choice to decide if it's worth £450 for a button start!!

Please let's not turn this thread into another advanced key debate however chaps!!

Reactions: jaypers777
If i was me i would probably get rid of the calipers and pan roof but as said earlier that's just down to personal preference! i never got privacy glass with mine and ended up getting it done myself but ended up costing not much less than specing it but i suppose at least its not added into the pcp deal..

I just looked at a Golf R (here in Ireland) on a PCP. List for a basic 5 door DSG

On The Road Price € 44,215
Minimum Deposit % 10.00%
Maximum Deposit % 31.00%
Deposit %: 10 % €4,421.5
Guaranteed Future Value: 38.00% €16,516.70
Term: 36 Months
Monthly payment: €711.75

APR Typical 2.9%
Total cost of credit €2,496.20

Just as an example

thanks for the tips and advice... appreciate it... just gotta try and get the dealer to get me to a figure I am happy to part with every month!

Maybe just me but that sounds like a hideous amount of money :(

I can't see it being worth much more than £20k after four years. If you assume £21k then you're basically looking at getting your £4k deposit back (over the GFV), meaning you're spending £500 a month for four years to basically rent the car.

Reactions: buz
you could possibly be right, i'm pathetic when it comes to these things, hence why I'm asking for advice.
I know a friend of mine purchased a £41000 Audi A5 2.0 TDI Quattro Black edition, fully loaded on PCP with a £3000 deposit for £390/month so can't understand why the S3 is so much more.

you could possibly be right, i'm pathetic when it comes to these things, hence why I'm asking for advice.
I know a friend of mine purchased a £41000 Audi A5 2.0 TDI Quattro Black edition, fully loaded on PCP with a £3000 deposit for £390/month so can't understand why the S3 is so much more.

A5 is being pushed by Audi with a large finance contribution (£4300 on a Black Edition) as its soon to be replaced by a new model. Makes the A5 very attractive.

Also need the GFV to check the numbers, which is what it boils down to of course.

true
A5 is being pushed by Audi with a large finance contribution (£4300 on a Black Edition) as its soon to be replaced by a new model. Makes the A5 very attractive.

Also need the GFV to check the numbers, which is what it boils down to of course.
true mate...

Think about what you're going to do after 48 months.

Refinance:

Put the miles to the lowest possible. This will reduce the monthly payments. When it comes to refinancing then they take the value of the car as opposed to the miles on the car. If a car has under 40k miles then it doesn't really make a difference in price.

Buy car:

You'll need to stick down a higher deposit. My dealer told me that £1k brings the price down by approximately £25pcm.

Hope this helps.

Think about what you're going to do after 48 months.

Refinance:

Put the miles to the lowest possible. This will reduce the monthly payments. When it comes to refinancing then they take the value of the car as opposed to the miles on the car. If a car has under 40k miles then it doesn't really make a difference in price.

Buy car:

You'll need to stick down a higher deposit. My dealer told me that £1k brings the price down by approximately £25pcm.

Hope this helps.
hey,

would definitely be a re-finance... I can afford £500, but if I can pay closer to £400 I will try my damn hardest to get there.

l was offered a stock S3 SB in Febuary,list price was £43,700...5K Down £463/month/4 years,only because l had to take the car before the end of the month...it had a lot of options and a Exclusive Paint...Racing Mica with a 14.5% discount.

Stock/Prebuilt is the way to go for a better deal,C j..lol,my sons a Audi salesman,he knows better than all of us Stock car's a better deal

Make sure you've got the Interior Lighting Package in all of that. I made the mistake of not speccing it on my A3.