Facelift New S3 MY20 Factory Order

CybrHwk

Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while but I ordered a new S3 to replace my 2015 Sepang Blue S3. Here's the spec:

S3 Black Edition with Tech Pack
Super Sports Seats with Audi Design
19" Gloss Black Y Spoke Audi Sport wheels
Audi Mag Ride
Virtual Cockpit
Folding Door Mirrors
Glacier White Metallic

Any thoughts? This will tide me over until the new RS3 comes out.

G.

Reactions: Evilhomer1942, NevMan, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Looks good....personally not a fan of gloss black wheels and those look a pita to clean. How about the 5 arm wing instead? Colour is a very personal choice, therefore no comment on your choice

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Great spec :icon thumright:

I’ve got gloss black alloys and they are fine to look after and will look stunning against white paint :sunglasses:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Yeah, I thought so too. Planning on getting it detailed and get some GTechniq protection on the wheels and bodywork to make it easier to keep clean

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
Is Virtual Cockpit still an option on the S3....I thought it had been made standard on the 2020 model?

Is Virtual Cockpit still an option on the S3....I thought it had been made standard on the 2020 model?

Comes with the Tech Pack. Advanced Key has been removed from the options list though

Reactions: Ron240
Advanced Key has been removed from the options list though
Is it standard now?
Controversial subject but for me should always have been standard on a car of this class, along with folding mirrors.

Reactions: Evilhomer1942 and Mythos
Is it standard now?
Controversial subject but for me should always have been standard on a car of this class, along with folding mirrors.

Removed altogether, due to low uptake according to Audi, but I suspect they've found another security flaw they can't fix

Reactions: NevMan, TYb and Ron240
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while but I ordered a new S3 to replace my 2015 Sepang Blue S3. Here's the spec:

Audi Mag Ride
Virtual Cockpit
Folding Door Mirrors
Glacier White Metallic

G.
Lovely spec, congrats.

Reactions: NevMan
Hey all,

Audi Mag Ride
Virtual Cockpit
Folding Door Mirrors
Glacier White Metallic

G.

Did you get a good discount on the new car AND a decent px on your old car ?

Great concept but poor implementation with security flaws not circumvented.
Easily made secure, other manufacturers have done so but Audi are slow on the uptake. Even new Ford keyless is already secure and backward compatible to vehicles from 2018. Key fobs are £65 and just need 0.5hr of the dealerships time to program them.

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/owni...-car-manufacturers-doing-to-prevent-it/n19894

With mercedes fobs you can even turn off the synchronisation with the car with two clicks on the fob...

Last edited:
O/T but BMW keyless keys go to sleep when not in use hence defeating the relay attacks. Come on Audi!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Is it standard now?

Couldn't disagree more. Why would you want something that makes your car easier to steal?

I get the concept, and in theory it should be great. But in practice, it just made it a car thieves Christmas come early.

Easily made secure, other manufacturers have done so but Audi are slow on the uptake. Even new Ford keyless is already secure and backward compatible to vehicles from 2018. Key fobs are £65 and just need 0.5hr of the dealerships time to program them.

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/owning/keyless-car-crime-–-what-are-car-manufacturers-doing-to-prevent-it/n19894

With mercedes fobs you can even turn off the synchronisation with the car with two clicks on the fob...

From what I understand, Fords new Fob, just prevents relay theft. They can still get into your car and plug into your ODB port, and away they go within seconds. Has put me completely off getting a Fiesta ST

From what I understand, Fords new Fob, just prevents relay theft. They can still get into your car and plug into your ODB port, and away they go within seconds. Has put me completely off getting a Fiesta ST
If that's the case then what's to stop them plugging into any OBD port in any car?
I'm no expert but I believe modern cars are very difficult to break into/start without either the key or the signal from the key.

I think you need to do more research, fiesta's are no more at risk at being stolen than any other car. The stats are skewed because there are thousands more of them on the road. Nearly two thousand more of fiesta's are sold then the next best selling car in one month...

Reactions: Chris.D and NevMan
If that's the case then what's to stop them plugging into any OBD port in any car?
I'm no expert but I believe modern cars are very difficult to break into/start without either the key or the signal from the key.

I might be wrong, but from what I've seen, they plug into the ODB port on the Fiesta's, clone the keyless key within seconds, which then sends the signal to the ECU and it starts the car.

People are now either moving the ODB port, or fixing metal plates over it to stop them getting access to it. As far as I'm aware it only effects Fords.

I might be wrong, but from what I've seen, they plug into the ODB port on the Fiesta's, clone the keyless key within seconds, which then sends the signal to the ECU and it starts the car.

People are now either moving the ODB port, or fixing metal plates over it to stop them getting access to it. As far as I'm aware it only effects Fords.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...s-connector-steal-yourself-a-bmw-in-3-minutes
As Ron states it isn't only fiestas as all of the ports, by legislation, are not encoded thus the codes are available through all ODB ports...

Is it standard now?
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm in a similar position.

Ordered an MY20 daytona grey S3 sportback with the tech pack and sound & comfort pack a couple of months back and am supposed to take delivery in a couple of weeks.

The folding door mirror was a definite bugbear and as such I added that £275 option aswell by agreeing to pay that additionally to my agreed deposit.

I became aware that from a slip of info from the sales rep, that Folding mirrors HAD been added to the standard equipment list for MY20.
Clearly I expected not to have to pay for this extra when it is now a standard feature.

However my sales rep then went along the lines initially of my agreed deal being based on frozen MY19 prices, then after further discussion decided that he had been incorrect about it being a new standard feature.

I have since checked with 2 further dealers, both of whom confirm folding as standard and that the only additional item that can be specced (for the same amount at £275) is the auto dimming function.

Not happy at being lied to, and chewing on what to do next. If it's standard - I will NOT be paying the £275

Hey all,

Audi Mag Ride
Virtual Cockpit
Folding Door Mirrors
Glacier White Metallic

G.

Lovely spec, although as you'll see from my first post I went non - black edition. Honestly I'd have loved to have the black edition, but to retain all the other extras I wanted, the black edition pushed me into the luxury car tax catagory which i have been stung with for the last 2 years on my S4. I refuse to give the government 310 extra a year for nothing .

Lovely spec, although as you'll see from my first post I went non - black edition. Honestly I'd have loved to have the black edition, but to retain all the other extras I wanted, the black edition pushed me into the luxury car tax catagory which i have been stung with for the last 2 years on my S4. I refuse to give the government 310 extra a year for nothing .

It is a joke the luxury car tax, they picked a completely arbitrary number but I wanted the black styling pack, black wheels and the B and O sound system.

Plan is to upgrade to the new RS3 when it comes out, assuming the 5 cylinder gets passed WLTP without damaging the performance

Reactions: Evilhomer1942
It is a joke the luxury car tax, they picked a completely arbitrary number but I wanted the black styling pack, black wheels and the B and O sound system.

Plan is to upgrade to the new RS3 when it comes out, assuming the 5 cylinder gets passed WLTP without damaging the performance

Yup, agreed. And for 5 years!!!
But, I totally get it... got make the choices based on what you are happy to live with and enjoy.
RS3 a strong contender for my next car also.. will see how the next few years of development pan out.

Do ask about the folding door mirrors on pickup by the way.. it may save you a few hundred quid.

Yup, agreed. And for 5 years!!!
But, I totally get it... got make the choices based on what you are happy to live with and enjoy.
RS3 a strong contender for my next car also.. will see how the next few years of development pan out.

Do ask about the folding door mirrors on pickup by the way.. it may save you a few hundred quid.

I'm lucky to be in a position that its not a huge additional burden, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. It's stupid that the road tax will be higher than my insurance though

Will do, although I did notice they are still an option on the configurator. I've been waiting since April for this car so I have a bit of leverage with Audi

Reactions: Evilhomer1942
I'm lucky to be in a position that its not a huge additional burden, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. It's stupid that the road tax will be higher than my insurance though

Will do, although I did notice they are still an option on the configurator. I've been waiting since April for this car so I have a bit of leverage with Audi

Yeah either not updated, or currently inaccurately represented on the configurator. I have a sales guy from a different dealership speccing up the car as a new order, which I don't mind waiting for if the local dealer messes me around on what is such a small thing in real terms.

West London Audi, catagoric that all models have folding wing mirrors as standard now.. I guess reasonable on the outgoing car.

Keep us posted on your outcome.

You've been waiting nearly 6 months?

I only ordered mine a month ago and I was hoping for delivery this year!!!

Well ther current RS3 5-Pot with post-WLTP is deffo slower than the engine pre-WLTP. Look on line for drag races. Where the RS3 & TT-RS beat most things, they're now getting beaten. Up to .5 second to 60 down on the pre-WLTP engine.

Last edited:
You've been waiting nearly 6 months?

I only ordered mine a month ago and I was hoping for delivery this year!!!

Current delivery is around 8 weeks. The issue above was the timing of the order.. audi only started opening build slots that brought delivery in October. I was in a similar position but ordered a little later

Current delivery is around 8 weeks. The issue above was the timing of the order.. audi only started opening build slots that brought delivery in October. I was in a similar position but ordered a little later

im not so sure mate. I ordered mine the first week September and the order hasn’t been accepted by the factory yet

Well ther current RS3 5-Pot with post-WLTP is deffo slower than the engine pre-WLTP. Look on line for drag races. Where the RS3 & TT-RS beat most things, they're now getting beaten. Up to .5 second to 60 down on the pre-WLTP engine.

Yup 6mths, at least it's a MY20 69 plate. Although it'll have my private plate on at pickup

I'm hoping that since the new one will be designed with a PPF integrated that they will do something to compensate for it engineering wise, rather than the current models having it retrofitted.

They have to keep the RS3 - S3 performance gap wide enough to justify the price difference somehow

Yup 6mths, at least it's a MY20 69 plate. Although it'll have my private plate on at pickup

I'm hoping that since the new one will be designed with a PPF integrated that they will do something to compensate for it engineering wise, rather than the current models having it retrofitted.

They have to keep the RS3 - S3 performance gap wide enough to justify the price difference somehow

Yeah, but the post WLTP S3 will be slower than the pre-WLTP S3. So a slower S3 and RS3, will keep the gap even.

im not so sure mate. I ordered mine the first week September and the order hasn’t been accepted by the factory yet

Just looked back at my order date and it was 9th July. They took the order hoping for delivery September, but was pushed back to 2nd or 3rd week october. Confirmation a few days ago its now in the uk, with approx 10 days to get it to local dealer and pdi etc.
Guy I spoke to at west london audi said 8-10 weeks. Guess it depends on allocations to dealers too?

Yeah, but the post WLTP S3 will be slower than the pre-WLTP S3. So a slower S3 and RS3, will keep the gap even.

I think they'll engineer out the PPF issue, they just weren't going to shield the money doing it on an 8V. Having test driven the Golf R and A35 I still preferred the S3, subjective I know. Didn't go near the BMW M Lites as they depreciate like a stone, even the full blooded M3 wasn't much better