Facelift New S3 Black Edition ordered!

CookD

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on here, thought I'd sign up as I've just ordered a brand new glacier white S3 black edition. Moving on from my 2008 A5 2.7TDI which has served me well. Didn't expect to place an order today just popped into Bolton Audi and couldn't refuse their offer.

Specs as follows: Tech pack advanced, red brake calipers, parking system plus, virtual cockpit, B&O speakers.

They gave me £550 contribution and also a £3.2k discount. Overall it's costing me £3k down and £470 a month on a 48 month term.

Expecting delivery to be March. I can't wait!! Will start looking for GAP insurance, seen many recommendations for ALA?

Dan

Reactions: OST, BigBill, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Hi all,

First post on here, thought I'd sign up as I've just ordered a brand new glacier white S3 black edition. Moving on from my 2008 A5 2.7TDI which has served me well. Didn't expect to place an order today just popped into Bolton Audi and couldn't refuse their offer.

Specs as follows: Tech pack advanced, red brake calipers, parking system plus, virtual cockpit, B&O speakers.

They gave me £550 contribution and also a £3.2k discount. Overall it's costing me £3k down and £470 a month on a 48 month term.

Expecting delivery to be March. I can't wait!! Will start looking for GAP insurance, seen many recommendations for ALA?

Dan
Take its a saloon?

Hi all,

Dan
Nice choice Dan!

I ordered mine two week ago in Ara blue but didn't end up going for black edition! Did you stay with the standard alloys?

Everyone seems to recommend ALA think that's who I will be going with!

Regarding March delivery good luck! Audi are currently telling me the earliest build date is the last week in February not impressed haha.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Nice one Dan, you can enjoy the wait with me. :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, CookD and AU11 ALS
Nice choice Dan!

I ordered mine two week ago in Ara blue but didn't end up going for black edition! Did you stay with the standard alloys?

Regarding March delivery good luck! Audi are currently telling me the earliest build date is the last week in February not impressed haha.
ALA?

Nice choice Dan!

I was going to go with Ara blue, didn't even consider white but test drove their glacier white with black trim and it swayed me on the day. I think the pano roof helps split the white colour up too. I still may change my mind..

In regards to the alloys, I wanted the standard but apparently you can't have them with the black edition so went with the V style ones.

They said I may possibly get a Jan build date but not expecting it!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TDI-line, samo26 and 1 other person
I was going to go with Ara blue, didn't even consider white but test drove their glacier white with black trim and it swayed me on the day. I think the pano roof helps split the white colour up too. I still may change my mind..

In regards to the alloys, I wanted the standard but apparently you can't have them with the black edition so went with the V style ones.

I was going with navarra blue, but i noticed Ara on the configurator and had to have it!

Have to let me know when you get access to your audi tracker mine still isn't working two weeks later :(

Reactions: Jassyo06
How so? I think they work just fine. Better than my old A4 too as I don't need to turn them on manually any more :)

In my car they're erratic in there operation, sometimes they come on themselves other times l have to press a button, besides all that they're not really required on a car the size of the A3, just another option l wouldn't spec again

Thanks for your comments jassy, I may just change it to rear sensors then..

I've just noticed Audi has charged me for the 5 V alloys when on the model builder they are £0 - I'll be asking for this charge to be removed.

Thanks for your comments jassy, I may just change it to rear sensors then..

I've just noticed Audi has charged me for the 5 V alloys when on the model builder they are £0 - I'll be asking for this charge to be removed.

I think speccing a Audi sometimes your afraid to leave out a button without a icon on it..lol and option it just for the sake of it,but they all add up, uber speccing a Audi is financial suicide Unless your going to be keeping the car for at least 4/5.

Yeah get that alloy wheel charge attended straight away

Reactions: Audi Bairn

Pano-roof will greatly benefit a white S3/A3 ie high contrast look and erase some of the painted exterior... l wouldn't buy a A3/S3 without it....as adds a little more Wow factor

I think speccing a Audi sometimes your afraid to leave out a button without a icon on it..lol and option it just for the sake of it,but they all add up, uber speccing a Audi is financial suicide Unless your going to be keeping the car for at least 4/5.

Yeah get that alloy wheel charge attended straight away

I'll be looking to swap it after 3 years when the warranty is up.

Your comment definitely rings true with leaving options "unticked". I think I may swap the front parking sensors for door folding mirrors which I forgot about.

Pano-roof will greatly benefit a white S3/A3 ie high contrast look and erase some of the painted exterior... l wouldn't buy a A3/S3 without it....as adds a little more Wow factor

100% - if I didn't spec this I wouldn't be going for the glacier white.

I'll be looking to swap it after 3 years when the warranty is up.

Your comment definitely rings true with leaving options "unticked". I think I may swap the front parking sensors for door folding mirrors which I forgot about.

100% - if I didn't spec this I wouldn't be going for the glacier white.

Love the folding mirrors especially on start up, screen pops up, mirrors fold down simultaneously lol besides the other benefits they bring must have option

Just a quick snap before taking ownership. Will get some better pics up later.

IMG_8211.jpg

Reactions: CHCCubs, Audi Bairn, thedan29 and 8 others
Looks lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CookD
Very nice.... that was me 2 weeks ago in Bolton Audi

IMG 1497

Reactions: Audi Bairn and CookD
I like the nivarra blue But always been tempted by nano grey !
Quick question. Would you spec Audi parking system plus ?? Or just reverse sensors. Mainly because the missus is driving..

Quick question. Would you spec Audi parking system plus ?? Or just reverse sensors. Mainly because the missus is driving..
It's a good purchase for me as I need to park close up to a wall at our house. I'd definitely spec it if my mrs was parking it! :)

Reactions: 541T and Djs3saloon
I really should, but not to sure how much use the front sensors will really be !!? Extra £300 for front sensors hmmm

I really should, but not to sure how much use the front sensors will really be !!? Extra £300 for front sensors hmmm

To me they are quite useful because I need to park very close to a wall at work. You do also get some extras with the front sensors I think. I think that then gives you the optcial display on the MMI (although I believe you can hack that with VCDS but that's not for everyone)

The parking plus has plusses and minuses.
The projection lines on the display which change depending on how you're steering are of little or no use.
There are 4 sensors on both front and rear and each has a visual bar on the display indicating how close you are to an object - I will avoid being sexist here, but this is very useful for anyone who is parking-challenged / parking-averse (man or woman) lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, CookD and Djs3saloon
Thanks for the advice, I will be leaving parking system plus on my spec. It's a shame it doesn't include the reversing camera. can't wait to place my order and start the wait now

Reactions: Audi Bairn and CookD
Some more snaps.

RL1EMlC.jpg

JdgH2zs.jpg

cQ59Cpb.jpg

KFJKajV.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, CHCCubs and 2 others
@CookD how are you liking the alloys? I think they look superb in the flesh! Honestly after seeing pictures all over this site I think all the S3 alloys look the part!

Reactions: AndrewB
@CookD how are you liking the alloys? I think they look superb in the flesh! Honestly after seeing pictures all over this site I think all the S3 alloys look the part!
Couldn't agree more, although I am dreading the day they get marked!