New S3 amk owner

flanders010

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Picked up a nice silver s3 on Wednesday. Very high millage at 227k mls but with full service history. From the inside you wouldn't notice it had that kind of mileage on it. Checked with VCDS yesterday and it seems like its running standard boost at 12 psi.

At the moment no plans bar maybe a stage one remap, with it being on the mileage it is i am reluctant to push it too far.

Needs a couple of things doing: headlight washers not working, need to refurb the alloys as paint flaking, and a good clean :)
I'll try and get some better pics of it this weekend :)

Thanks for looking
Ben

Hi Ben, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Looks a nice tidy car. Hope you enjoy the car and the forum :) x

Headlight washers normally only work when lights are on and you have held the washer stalk in for more than a few seconds...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Shorty43
That's what we all say ;)

Welcome!
that is what my credit card is afraid of. Especially when my last car was a fabia vrs with a gtb turbo.
But my Ebay watch list is rather full with 1.8t engines at the moment........

Headlight washers normally only work when lights are on and you have held the washer stalk in for more than a few seconds...

<tuffty/>

Did search quite a bit yesterday regarding the issue. in the end i pulled out the washer by hand to see if it sprayed. To me it seems as though the pump has gone. Just haven't had time to look into in properly yet :(

Thank you for the welcome people

Ben

that is what my credit card is afraid of. Especially when my last car was a fabia vrs with a gtb turbo.
But my Ebay watch list is rather full with 1.8t engines at the moment........

Steer clear of the build threads then lol... ;)

slippery.png

<tuffty/>

Washer pumps are cheap enough on eBay, but you have to remove the bumper and drivers headlight to get it out.

Check the fuse for headlight washers, mine didnt work and it was the fuse, read somewhere online about ice build up (obviously from previous owners cheaping out on screenwash) in the washers and pipes and that jams the motor and blows the fuse.

Most screenwash have additives that will remove the wax from paintwork and even stain paint too, better off with just water, but don't be stupid enough to use the washers when it's freezing.