New S1 Ordered

ScottyA

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New here and I placed and order for a new S1 three or so weeks back. Going for the stealthy look, Mythos Black, Quattro Exterior pack, black wing mirrors and gloss black pack. I have added some other extras as well but not the Quattro interior pack (I think I might regret that).

I checked the 'YourAudi' tracker today and the build is due to start on 6th June. What do you recon the timeline would be from there? I have really no idea and want to know as it will dictate when I sell my existing car.

Been reading though a good few threads on here and lots of good info. Stage 1 seems like a good option and there is a REVO tuner just next door to my work. Saying that ABT looks like most peoples preferred option.

Look forward to chatting some more in the near future!

Cheers

Scott

Reactions: steflert and ChrisG.
Welcome to audi-sport.net Scott. Spec sounds good. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Sometime I wonder on mine whether I should have ordered interior quattro pack (have the ext pack) but I think Audi missed a trick with the sport seats (only reason for interior pack imo) as these look like overstuffed armchairs when compared to the Recaro CSs offered by Ford as part of the Mk3 focus RS options, though not enough to want a focus RS mk3, I would like those recaros in my S1 but not the audi optional chairs.

Reactions: DTYME83
Welcome Matey,
Lovely Spec',
Great Choice of Car,they're great
little go karts!

Welcome to the forum. Echo the above...they're cracking cars, and you've went for a nice spec.

Cheers all,

So Maccduff do you have the standard S1 seats, if so what do you think of them? I am moving from Recaros and the S1 I test drove had the super sport seats so I have never sat in the standard ones.

They aren't as figure hugging as the recaros in the Focus I test drove but ok for std chairs I've not sat in the optional S1 chairs. Pic of stock seat shown
IMG 1889

They are the standard seats, we added the Nappa leather option which transforms them. Really wanted the sport seats but couldn't try them out prior to ordering which was too much of a risk as we are old with bad backs lol.

Just sold my S1 and had the standard seats and found them really comfortable and good looking.
Cracking little car never missed a best and absolute pleasure to own
I'm sure you will love it.

Just sold my S1 and had the standard seats and found them really comfortable and good looking.
Cracking little car never missed a best and absolute pleasure to own
I'm sure you will love it.
Andy, youll regret selling the S1 for the Focus. Trust me.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
I didn't get it, got this instead!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: PastS1Owner
Glacier white metallic paint.
Deliberated over the colour for weeks but always wanted a white tts for years so with the £5000 deposit contribution and another £1700 off list I took the plunge.
Had it two weeks now absolutely love it.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Randomly spotted this thread... My S3 has the same build week :D

Randomly spotted this thread... My S3 has the same build week :D

Sweet, getting close now. When are you expecting / informed the car will be in the dealership? I am still none the wiser when I should sell my car, ideally I don't want to have to buy a crappy run around but on the other hand I don't want to be left with my car and get a crappy trade in price!

Reactions: azibux1
Sweet, getting close now. When are you expecting / informed the car will be in the dealership? I am still none the wiser when I should sell my car, ideally I don't want to have to buy a crappy run around but on the other hand I don't want to be left with my car and get a crappy trade in price!
Ha I'm in that exact position and debating what to do!

I was told it should be here by end of July. I'm hoping nearer to start of July based on a lot of people getting A/S/RS3's in about 3-4 weeks after build week. I think that seems to be the general wait, but once it is in the country it is a bit of luck as if you're one of only a few cars sitting at the dock/port, then the transport company wait to have a few more before they bring them it seems. So depends when yours lands and how many others are waiting to be transported

I think my dealer said end of July as a way of covering themselves as I ordered this in January and had issues with the facelift / PFL situation on the A3... So they probably don't want to say start of July then it be 'late', so they'd probably rather say a later date then say "Ah look, it's arrived earlier than expected" haha

That's my guess anyway from reading on here... 3 - 4 weeks after build week they seem to arrive at dealers

Ha I'm in that exact position and debating what to do!

I was told it should be here by end of July. I'm hoping nearer to start of July based on a lot of people getting A/S/RS3's in about 3-4 weeks after build week. I think that seems to be the general wait, but once it is in the country it is a bit of luck as if you're one of only a few cars sitting at the dock/port, then the transport company wait to have a few more before they bring them it seems. So depends when yours lands and how many others are waiting to be transported

I think my dealer said end of July as a way of covering themselves as I ordered this in January and had issues with the facelift / PFL situation on the A3... So they probably don't want to say start of July then it be 'late', so they'd probably rather say a later date then say "Ah look, it's arrived earlier than expected" haha

That's my guess anyway from reading on here... 3 - 4 weeks after build week they seem to arrive at dealers

Think I am going to advertise mine after the car is built then and just hope for the best.

The new road tax rules put me off buying a run around as well as it seems a right pain in the ***

Reactions: azibux1
Think I am going to advertise mine after the car is built then and just hope for the best.

The new road tax rules put me off buying a run around as well as it seems a right pain in the ***
Yeah sounds like a good plan, people say it seems to go from 'preparation' right through to 'quality control' usually in a few days, then it might sit in QC for about 1 week

Well build week was due to start today, logged on to your Audi to check progress @10am and the car is in Quality Control already!