RSQ3 New RSQ3 sport back owner

Robdf2rs

Hi All,

I have taken advantage of the inflated second hand car prices , so will soon be chopping in my MK7.5 Golf R for pretty much what I paid for it nearly 4 years ago , madness.
i have been luckily enough to put a deposit down on a vosprung RSQ3 sport back, which is due in November.

i have been reading through the forums , very informative

I do have a couple of questions , ( I know always one right)
I want to change my brake pads as soon as I get the car to get the longevity out of the discs , I notice there is a big debate about Red stuff pads , are there any other alternatives ?
also the car will have the vosprung 21” wheels which I am not that keen on , I would prefer 20” with a larger 40 series profile tyre , has anyone put any aftermarket wheels on? Or can recommend some please.

thanks

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
How have you managed to drive a Golf R for nearly 4 years and hardly loss any money ? I want to do the same with my S3 :laughing:
My mate with the used 70 plate MK8 GTI with a few options pan roof...ie the one in photo was only offered £30k with 7k miles on the clock so after 5 months he's lost £2500 mines is still valued around what it was last week.....

cosmicblue

I do have a couple of questions , ( I know always one right)
I want to change my brake pads as soon as I get the car to get the longevity out of the discs , I notice there is a big debate about Red stuff pads , are there any other alternatives ?
also the car will have the vosprung 21” wheels which I am not that keen on , I would prefer 20” with a larger 40 series profile tyre , has anyone put any aftermarket wheels on? Or can recommend some please.

thanks

1) I have EBC Redstuffs in mine, front and back - brilliant stoppers plus little dust and no disc wear - to my knowledge there are no low disc wear alternatives. Its actually the same pad as the B9 RS4.

2) 20" wheels - you must live in Warwickshire! The potholes in our roads would trash a 21" alloy in no time. The wheel specs you are looking for are 20" ET38 8.5J. - 255/40 R20 tyres. The current VW Tiguan has the same size wheels (not a surprise - same platform).

This is the OEM 20" RSQ3 rim: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15431217...rentrq:2887c28a17c0a9fc3c000b89fffa70e4|iid:1

Robdf2rs

I was very lucky to buy through a broker with a great discount.
makes it a no brainier to sell it in the current market

cosmicblue

Which broker did you use Rob?

Mr Freeze

My mate with the used 70 plate MK8 GTI with a few options pan roof...ie the one in photo was only offered £30k with 7k miles on the clock so after 5 months he's lost £2500 mines is still valued around what it was last week.....
Its not four year old tho mate :laughing:

NevMan

Well known member

NevMan

Well known member

Does vary massively depending on who makes the offer. Our 18 month old MCS got an offer of £18k from a main MINI dealer. Sold it via motorway for £23,601….to a main MINI dealer . They sold it to a punter within a week or so for £26,995. And probably just gave it a bad wash and hoover (undoing my meticulous care!)

isleaiw

Does vary massively depending on who makes the offer. Our 18 month old MCS got an offer of £18k from a main MINI dealer. Sold it via motorway for £23,601….to a main MINI dealer . They sold it to a punter within a week or so for £26,995. And probably just gave it a bad wash and hoover (undoing my meticulous care!)
so does that mean the new one has arrived... with no pics????