NEW RS4???

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
prob been mentioned already but anyone know when its coming out and what engine its going to have in.. heard its gunna be the 4.2 block with bi turbo but is this true?

The general concensus amongst forums is that it will be a new 4.2 FSI engine and only normally aspirated.

Scotty - Is there any other info on it? Where did you get your info from? I take it we are talking 2006-7??

cheers

I get *my* info direct from a contact at Audi UK although I have other sources in addition to this. My comment above reflects what's going around on other forums.

Without going into detail, I'd expect an RS4 before 2007 as if you look at the normal lifespan of Audi models, we should be expecting a new A4 range of cars by then.

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
prob been mentioned already but anyone know when its coming out and what engine its going to have in.. heard its gunna be the 4.2 block with bi turbo but is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what's on the RS6??? Why would Audi have two RS with the same engine??? Although it would be fun having that engine on a 6 speed RS4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

G.

I thought the consensus was that the RS4 would appear next year, 2005? I'm waiting for news so that I can place a provisional order.

Man it's so sad to have an "RS" model without any turbos... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

G.

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:

anyways it aint out yet.. hate talking about things that are not avalible... like talking about flying cars... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S4Mate said:
Thanks for the info Drum. I'm a bit disapointed it's not to be the FSI V8 though, I can't imagine what fuel consumption will be like if they're planning to squeeze more out of it than in the S4.
If there is to be no auto I hope they do a DSG version.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that Audi are developing a DSG box for longditudinal engines and a prototype appeared in the Le Mans concept demonstrator (which was tested in Car magazine during the Summer). Given the success of DSG in the TT (and the shoddy performance of SMG ii in BMW's M3), I am sure that it will appear in A4s, A6s and A8s before too long. However, I understand that there is a big technical issue related to fitting DSG to current Torsen differential. From the rumours I've heard, I don't expect DSG to appear until 2006 model year at the earliest.

Right now, Audi has just done a lot to freshen up the A4 range so I expect other technical advances may be used to spruce up the A8 or A6 before being applied to the RS4. A DSG on the next RS6 could be quite a good reason to buy one. The problem with Audi is that you never know until the thing appears.

With or without DSG or an auto gearbox, I expect RS4 to kick butt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Can't wait for the RS4 to appear.. Just have to enjoy driving my S4 Tip and shoddy?? M3 SMG till then...

Good point, Ben, but given that the RS4 is likely to sell in smaller volumes than the S4 and is only a variant of the A4 rather than a fundamentally new model, there is no reason why it cannot appear here so soon after launch. Anyway, that's what Audi UK tells me. Moreover, the UK is I think one of the strongest Audi markets outside Germany, in particular for the RS6 and TT. So it makes sense to get the RS4 here soon.

I've ordered the Avant. RS2s, RS4s and RS6S really need to be estate cars, otherwise they lose their Q-car subtlety! That said, the B7 A4 is quite a bit more aggressive than I expected.

[ QUOTE ]
Ben (bjacks) said:
Drum,
Do you reckon that a car shown to the World in March will be released in UK RHD form 2 to 3 months later? I'd personally have my doubts, but not having done any research on the B7 RS4 I could be completely wrong.
Did you order a saloon or avant?

Cheers

Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they doing it saloon??? Man very nice... I can't wait!

G

Who knows, there's rumours of both.

Audi tarnished the RS brand by not limiting the RS6 numbers (except the plus), and some would say that selling a saloon also isn't right.

I'll be keeping my B5 RS4 until there is something seriously tasty in the Audi range, which looks like it could take a while.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ben

[ QUOTE ]
RastaS4 said:
you know what Ben? I've had my S4 sallon (RS4 conversion) for 4 years now and I love it! If I were to buy a car now...it would definitly be a B5 RS4... I dream about that car all the time

G

[/ QUOTE ]

I dreamt about A3's, S3, S4, RS4's etc etc for years. Luckily the bank manager keeps lending me enough money to buy them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The RS4 is an awsome car, really do like it a lot at the moment, especially after a quick session at Castle Combe this weekend. Mind you, there were some v. rapid modded S4's there as well doing their thing.

Cheers

Ben

Isn't the new RS6 going to be running the V10 from the Gallaro? Maybe the RS4 in with a shout too? That would be special!

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
Isn't the new RS6 going to be running the V10 from the Gallaro? Maybe the RS4 in with a shout too? That would be special!

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that's crazy... it's a race for horsepower!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

G

Wish list for Christmas stocking

RS6: 5.2 litre V-10 FSI biturbo generating 580 bhp plus 7-speed DSG gearbox from Bugatti Veyron, 0-100 kph in 3.8 seconds, top speed 210 mph unlimited.

RS4: 4.2 litre V-8 FSI biturbo generating 480 bhp PLUS 7-speed DSG gearbox from Bugatti Veyron, 0-100 kph in 4.3 seconds and top speed of 180 mph unlimited.

Both with Quattro, of course, and discreet styling that allows each car to approach un-noticed up behind a Porsche/ Mercedes SL/ Ferrari 360 or Maserati and blow it into the weeds.

[ QUOTE ]
drum said:
Wish list for Christmas stocking

RS6: 5.2 litre V-10 FSI biturbo generating 580 bhp plus 7-speed DSG gearbox from Bugatti Veyron, 0-100 kph in 3.8 seconds, top speed 210 mph unlimited.

RS4: 4.2 litre V-8 FSI biturbo generating 480 bhp PLUS 7-speed DSG gearbox from Bugatti Veyron, 0-100 kph in 4.3 seconds and top speed of 180 mph unlimited.

Both with Quattro, of course, and discreet styling that allows each car to approach un-noticed up behind a Porsche/ Mercedes SL/ Ferrari 360 or Maserati and blow it into the weeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome List!!!! If these things were to be true then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

how do i send a private message? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xmaslolly said:
how do i send a private message? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

click on a persons username- that will take you to their profile. At the bottom of the profile there will be the option to pm

Following up on a post here that says the next RS4 is still a long way away, two interesting scenarios have emerged:

1. The current V-8 turbo-charged or otherwise, may not be able to be used in the RS4 because of Euro IV emission requiriements.

2. Before the RS4 comes out, the S4 may need a new engine for the same reason.

If the new 4.2 FSI goes in the S4, then what motor will go in the RS4?

Audi UK told me that RS4 would get more powerful version of current 4.2 litre motor. This may not be correct. If anyone has heard anything, please let us know.