New RS4 Saloon

I wonder (but very much doubt) if Audi will consider an RS3 coupe, to compete with the M235i / M2? I guess they'll say that that's the TT-RS, but I think that would be HOT.

I can't find the picture online, but the artist impression in Autocar is basically the A3 Clubsport Quattro with the new A4 front. Sounds rubbish, but it looks amazing.

Still got to hope for the RS3 saloon, but if not, might need to save a few more pennies for the RS4 saloon. 3.0L turboed V6, 500bhp (in the region of reportedly) and out mid to late 2016? Oh aye.

Reactions: RYuill
Sounds lovely but I'm sure it will cost a good few pennies

I reckon it'd be £60,000 based on the M3/M4 cost.

Maybe, but I just can't see it: you don't really need to add much to an M4 (wheels, paints, nicer seats are all no-cost options). So if it is a £52k base, I imagine there'll be £1,500 wheels, £2,000 interior pack, £2,000 tech pack and so on that'll take it easily up to the £60k mark.

That's what I was getting at. base will look reasonable and undercut the competition, but Audi also factor in that the average customer adds 30% in options, if not more. The outgoing RS4 was no more expensive and looking at the RS3 mkII against the mkI they are the same base price, so I see Audi going that route with the new RS4. Obv just an opinion.

I read in a couple of magazines a while ago that the RS3 saloon may NOT be sold in UK, only in LHD market. Hmmmm.