New Rs3 owner!

teddyrs3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After browsing the forum for ages I have brought a 2015 white Audi Rs3 picking it up next week. Pretty much fully loaded! Can’t wait to join the Quattro gang again!

Previously I owned a MK5 R32 then brought a 2012 Audi S3 which was stage 2. Sold that brought a Mercedes C63 which I’m giving in towards the Rs3.

I have a few questions which I hope people could clarify for me.

Dynamic pack/Audi sports exhaust. Does the exhaust come with secondary cats already deleted? I have read mixed information where some have had no secondary cats and some have them.

I am looking to facelift the rear lights and I know a few of yours have done so already. Is there a thread that has the part numbers and links to relevant adaptors as I couldn’t find one?

Thanks once again guys and I look forward to making a positive contribution towards the forum!

Teddy :)

The PFL comes with rear cats but they can be easily removed just by swapping for catless pipes. The noise afterwards is monstrous!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81, Radman, teddyrs3 and 2 others
So basically on the pfl there are two sets of cats right? Main cats then secondary?

Reactions: NevMan
So basically on the pfl there are two sets of cats right? Main cats then secondary?
Correct. As Terminator says, it’s a 20 minute job and the noise is bonkers. Put it back in comfort mode and it’s sensible again.

Reactions: teddyrs3 and Terminator x

Correct. I think the cat delete pipes are £100 from Audi and they are a genuine part as the facelifts don’t use them, and neither do some other countries so audi produced them. Takes about 20 minutes to fit them.

I picked up a set of facelift rear lights for £550 - lights £250 and adapters £300. Just put facelift sweeping lights A3 sport back in on eBay, something will come up. Just make sure you buy the right ones - 3dr A3 lights won’t fit, has to be sport back 5dr

Reactions: DW81 and teddyrs3
Picked up my PFL 16 plate Nardo RS3 this morning. Wow, what a car.
Haven’t had time to take any pics yet i’m afraid.
The noise with the sunroof open is too good :)

Reactions: Sandra, Radman, teddyrs3 and 3 others
Correct. I think the cat delete pipes are £100 from Audi and they are a genuine part as the facelifts don’t use them, and neither do some other countries so audi produced them. Takes about 20 minutes to fit them.

I picked up a set of facelift rear lights for £550 - lights £250 and adapters £300. Just put facelift sweeping lights A3 sport back in on eBay, something will come up. Just make sure you buy the right ones - 3dr A3 lights won’t fit, has to be sport back 5dr

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

The Audi cat pipes are they the same diameter etc as the milltek ones?

I had a turbo back milltek on my Audi s3 previously and was not happy with it so rather avoid them if I can.

Thanks for the idea on lights too. Will keep an eye out and see what comes up. Wednesday can’t come quick enough

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

The Audi cat pipes are they the same diameter etc as the milltek ones?

I had a turbo back milltek on my Audi s3 previously and was not happy with it so rather avoid them if I can.

Thanks for the idea on lights too. Will keep an eye out and see what comes up. Wednesday can’t come quick enough
Yes, they’ll be the same. I’d get the genuine Audi ones. At the end of the day it’s just a straight through bit of pipe. I paid something like £150 from Audi.

Reactions: Radman, NevMan and teddyrs3
Yes, they’ll be the same. I’d get the genuine Audi ones. At the end of the day it’s just a straight through bit of pipe. I paid something like £150 from Audi.

Thank you bro. Will give them a call after the bank holiday and get it ordered.

Wonder How would these effect the warranty if using the genuine Audi ones ?? From the videos I’ve seen it makes the car sound epic

Wonder How would these effect the warranty if using the genuine Audi ones ?? From the videos I’ve seen it makes the car sound epic
That was my thinking...it’s an Audi genuine part and the FL does away with the secondary cats so you’d be unlucky to get clocked.

Reactions: NevMan and Goubo1
That was my thinking...it’s an Audi genuine part and the FL does away with the secondary cats so you’d be unlucky to get clocked.

Can you remember that when they are fitted is there a Audi badge or part number visible ?? If so I’d agree that you’d be unlucky to get picked up on it

When you did yours was cold start much louder ??

Can you remember that when they are fitted is there a Audi badge or part number visible ?? If so I’d agree that you’d be unlucky to get picked up on it

When you did yours was cold start much louder ??
Yes, removing the secondary cats I reckon adds an additional 20-30% extra noise when in dynamic

Reactions: Goubo1 and NevMan
My PFL has the optional RS exhaust, I wouldn’t want it any louder than it already is.

Reactions: teslaboy
My PFL has the optional RS exhaust, I wouldn’t want it any louder than it already is.
Swap the cats out the noise is unreal on full chat. No difference once back in comfort mate so it’s a no brainer

Reactions: [M]ike
I don’t hear that much difference between comfort and dynamic. I have the idea the valves don’t work properly. Is this a common thing?

I don’t hear that much difference between comfort and dynamic. I have the idea the valves don’t work properly. Is this a common thing?
Really????
When you start the car wether in comfort or dynamic the valves are shut. If in dynamic once car is started you have to cycle through the modes and put it back into dynamic to get the most noise. If you can’t hear a tone change from exhaust when cycling through the different modes then there is an issue. When you rev in comfort it has a nice rumble tone if you rev in dynamic all hell breaks loose

Reactions: DW81 and Terminator x
There should be a huge difference. Something doesn’t seem right.

Reactions: [M]ike and NevMan
The sound is completely different between comfort & dynamic so something doesn’t sound right here i’m afraid..

Reactions: [M]ike
Picked up my PFL 16 plate Nardo RS3 this morning. Wow, what a car.
Haven’t had time to take any pics yet i’m afraid.
The noise with the sunroof open is too good :)
Congrats on the new car. Enjoy. :)

Sorry for derailing your thread Teddy.

We are still waiting for some pictures of your RS :)