Facelift New rs3 owner to be ..

Keane

Reaction score
Hi lads,
I currently have a 2011 s3 8p running 360bhp 398ftlbs and moving onto an rs3 in the next few weeks ! Cannot beat the sound and the nardo grey is just ...!

I didn’t think the rs3 (standard) was as quick as my s3 but what a car and I’ve fallen in love with the sound.
I have a few questions for you guys,
Is there anything to look out for ? I know about the recalls (rear shocks)
Any faults to look out for ?

Thanks

Keane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marshy
Nice one mate. Don't let all the moaning on here put you off - its all niggles while the platform is just fantastic. The RS will blow apart your perceptions against the S3 - 100% certain.

Reactions: AudiNutta, T-800, Keane and 1 other person
I remember going from my 8P S3 stage 2+ to my 8P RS3 and yeah noticed it was slower than the S3 but the sound made up for it.

Now 2 years on I’ve just came from a stage 2 MK7 Golf R running 400 bhp and yeah the RS3 is much lazier in comparison.
Again the sound and the overall package make up for it, I’ve only had mine 5 days and 100% sure I’ve made the right decision.
Faults wise I have mine booked in for the rear top mounts but this only affects mag ride cars. Apart from that I’m sure the 8V RS3 is very good and made to last.
My 8P RS3 was troublesome but I feel Audi rushed that car and it wasn’t up to you job.
The 8V however gives me the impression they learnt from their mistakes and made this one pretty much perfect
Enjoy mate

Reactions: Keane and T-800
You'll not regret it.....such a fabulous motor car. :friends:

Reactions: Keane and AudiNutta
I remember going from my 8P S3 stage 2+ to my 8P RS3 and yeah noticed it was slower than the S3 but the sound made up for it.

Now 2 years on I’ve just came from a stage 2 MK7 Golf R running 400 bhp and yeah the RS3 is much lazier in comparison.
Again the sound and the overall package make up for it, I’ve only had mine 5 days and 100% sure I’ve made the right decision.
Faults wise I have mine booked in for the rear top mounts but this only affects mag ride cars. Apart from that I’m sure the 8V RS3 is very good and made to last.
My 8P RS3 was troublesome but I feel Audi rushed that car and it wasn’t up to you job.
The 8V however gives me the impression they learnt from their mistakes and made this one pretty much perfect
Enjoy mate

Awesome mate :) you got plans for it in the future? Do you find the rs3 to have slower gear changes then the s3 / mk7r ?

Cheers :)

Believe it or not I plan on leaving this one standard!
This will be a first for me as I’ve modded my last 12 cars
As for gearchanges the 6speed in my R was much quicker and smoother than RS3.
But the sound more than makes up for it

No chance. You'll end up modding this car, too!

Reactions: Keane and Marshy

I agree, gearbox is jerky and not so fast as the DSG 6 on the Golf R, but the extra gear makes it so much better. I initially thought the gearbox was not good, because it felt not nearly as smooth as the one in the Golf R, but I guess it is normal.

There is literally nothing to mod in this car :chuncky:

Reactions: Keane and Marshy

I’ve said this about all my cars when convincing the mrs it’s a good car to buy and will be fine left standard ... 2 days later things start arriving in the post :L !

Reactions: D0C, RS4B5 and Marshy