Facelift New RS3 owner - some questions !

ARESSTREE

Reaction score
Hello all

I have just bought my first Audi, a mythos FL RS3 8V, after years of BMW M cars and Merc AMG’s - based in south London

Both the Quattro and S Tronic are new to me and I am really enjoying it.

The tech is a monumental upgrade from my amg and I don’t know where to start!

A few questions :

1. my car doesnt have a reversing camera - who is the best supplier to use to get this retrofitted ?

2. Carbon Mirrors - who is the best source for these? Audi?

3. Autowatch ghost - although if someone holds a gun to my head it won’t be any use but is a must have if someone steals the keys - recommended fitters in the south ?

4. Hill hold assist - are hazzydays the best provider for this?

Thanks

ARESS3

Reactions: NevMan
Hello all

I have just bought my first Audi, a mythos FL RS3 8V, after years of BMW M cars and Merc AMG’s - based in south London

A few questions :

1. my car doesnt have a reversing camera - who is the best supplier to use to get this retrofitted ?

3. Autowatch ghost - although if someone holds a gun to my head it won’t be any use but is a must have if someone steals the keys - recommended fitters in the south ?

Thanks

ARESS3

Welcome

From personal experience, I would speak to @DJAlix who fitted reversing camera for me amongst other things, is a site sponsor, and based in North London He also has a blog on this site.

For 2. I would start with the parts request from the homepage, or get in touch with @creweaudiparts

3. No comment or experience here, but will be many others who will.

Hello all

A few questions :

Thanks

ARESS3
Try @creweaudiparts for the mirrors as they are a site sponsor and are amazing re deals imho. I'll send you a PM for a Ghost installer in the South, they are mobile.

TX.

I picked up my carbon mirror covers from carbon wurks (I think) on ebay. Saloon or hatchback, the mirror housings are the same throughout the 8v range. From memory audi we're over £300 and I paid just under £150 I think. If you're changing the mirror housings have a look at replacing the factory mirror indicators with sweeping ones. Takes 5mins extra a side when you do the housing swap and (IMHO) looks much nicer, especially if you have the matrix front lights with dynamic front indicators.
Not the company iused but these look identical to the units I purchased seperatly for a little cheaper than I paid for both Still cheaper than a set of official audi housings and you get the indicators:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173308249489

There are a couple of YouTube guides of how to do it, pretty straightforward but loads of screws/clips from memory!

I also have the autowatch ghost and have been pretty happy with the added security so far. Can't help with a fitter as I'm up north, but I believe autowatch have a list or contact us option from their website for approved fitters.

If you are getting someoe to fit a reversing camera, then get them to fit the hill hold facility at the same time as both items require extensive trim removal - a job you do not ant to do more than once!

I have not heard of Hazzydayz. Most here use DJ Alix who is not far from you.

Reactions: NevMan