Facelift NEW RS3 Ordered

My Car has now been at the ‘your Audi has left Ingolstadt’ since around the 14th March.

Is this normal?
Hi,

I am in a similar situation at the moment. My s3 left the factory on the 23rd March and still on status 38 (awaiting shipment). I have been in contact with Audi CS and the dealer only to be told that the car is being held for some reason. Possibly for some QC measure but refuse to comment further or give timescale.

All they say is 'we apologise for the delay'.

Hi,

I am in a similar situation at the moment. My s3 left the factory on the 23rd March and still on status 38 (awaiting shipment). I have been in contact with Audi CS and the dealer only to be told that the car is being held for some reason. Possibly for some QC measure but refuse to comment further or give timescale.

Mine took a while when it was at that stage but now its stuck at the UK port in Grimsby! My dealer and Audi CS said it will most likely be here by the weekend but can not guarantee this.

Mine took a while when it was at that stage but now its stuck at the UK port in Grimsby! My dealer and Audi CS said it will most likely be here by the weekend but can not guarantee this.

Thanks.

According to how long yours took, mine should have left Emden a few days ago :rolleyes new: Audi CS are being very secretive about it all.

Have a feeling I may be in for a bit more of a wait!

Hi,

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I placed an order for an RS3 saloon on the 27th of January with an expected delivery date of 4th April. My car has also been sitting at the port in Germany now for 4 weeks! Both my dealer and Audi UK have told me that various audi models are being held for extra quality control purposes - possibly due to new emissions regulations. Audi UK don't know when the car will be released and therefore cannot give me an EDD! They have informed me that if the car doesn't arrive within 6 weeks of the original EDD then you are entitled to a similar car from audi UK in the interim. The lack of information and the length of the delay is very frustrating.

Very disappointed as I had booked a whole week of annual leave from next week to spend time with the car.

I'm constantly checked my Audi tracker/json every day and I have called Audi CS twice this week plus spoke to them on that little chat thing they have on there website, it's just driving me mad cause it here in the UK and taking forever to get to the dealers!!

I think you both should just keep checking the tracker and hopefully, it updates soon. :icon thumright:

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I placed an order for an RS3 saloon on the 27th of January with an expected delivery date of 4th April. My car has also been sitting at the port in Germany now for 4 weeks! Both my dealer and Audi UK have told me that various audi models are being held for extra quality control purposes - possibly due to new emissions regulations. Audi UK don't know when the car will be released and therefore cannot give me an EDD! They have informed me that if the car doesn't arrive within 6 weeks of the original EDD then you are entitled to a similar car from audi UK in the interim. The lack of information and the length of the delay is very frustrating.

Very disappointed as I had booked a whole week of annual leave from next week to spend time with the car.

Pretty much the exact same story I have been told!

It makes me wonder if it’s just Saloon models that are being held back or if it’s just a random selection of S/RS models

Either way, it’s very frustrating!

If you’re car has already been held back for 4 weeks then hopefully it won’t be too much longer for us both!

Do let me know if you get any updates and I shall do the same.

Mines still at the port and it’s a saloon. Been told it should be on a boat no later than Friday but they also said it will probably be delayed a few days, so it’s looking like early May but I’m in New York first week so maybe mid May lol I order in November :wtf:

Mines still at the port and it’s a saloon. Been told it should be on a boat no later than Friday but they also said it will probably be delayed a few days, so it’s looking like early May but I’m in New York first week so maybe mid May lol I order in November :wtf:

Story sounds familiar.

That’s what I was told at the start of last week and now they’re saying it’s been held and refuse to give a timescale!

Hopefully you’re right and things will get moving soon!

Pretty much the exact same story I have been told!

It makes me wonder if it’s just Saloon models that are being held back or if it’s just a random selection of S/RS models

Either way, it’s very frustrating!

If you’re car has already been held back for 4 weeks then hopefully it won’t be too much longer for us both!

Do let me know if you get any updates and I shall do the same.

Hi all,

So to update - I found the email address of the Audi UK director; I took a long shot and emailed him personally on Tuesday. I received a reply the next morning from his "executive team" stating that he had read my email and had instructed them to look into the case personally for him. I then received a phone call yesterday afternoon from them stating that my car had been placed onto a ship and was en route. Sure enough when I checked this morning, the online tracker had updated.

Very thankful for them to responding to me!

No answers yet as to what the delay was.

Last edited:
Not really fair to plaster his email on an open forum.

He helped me a lot when I got in touch with him earlier in the year.

Well my cars still in Germany:scared2: was built on the 26th March lol. Looks like I won’t be getting mine till early May now:sorry:

Well my cars still in Germany:scared2: was built on the 26th March lol. Looks like I won’t be getting mine till early May now:sorry:

Hang in there!

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said that there was an issue with all new Audi's with the technology pack. The issue was something to do with the phone's antenna signal booster and that was the reason why my car was held at the UK port for so long. He rang later that afternoon and told me that my car had arrived and that it would be getting the signal booter deactivated on either Monday or Tuesday, ready for me to collect on Thursday hopefully. He said that the signal would work but just meant that it would not get a stronger boost from the cars own antenna booster which needed to be deactivated for the time being.

Don't know how true this is but he did say that I would get a letter to confirm, I will upload a copy of the letter on here when I get it.

Hang in there!

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said that there was an issue with all new Audi's with the technology pack. The issue was something to do with the phone's antenna signal booster and that was the reason why my car was held at the UK port for so long. He rang later that afternoon and told me that my car had arrived and that it would be getting the signal booter deactivated on either Monday or Tuesday, ready for me to collect on Thursday hopefully. He said that the signal would work but just meant that it would not get a stronger boost from the cars own antenna booster which needed to be deactivated for the time being.

Don't know how true this is but he did say that I would get a letter to confirm, I will upload a copy of the letter on here when I get it.

Okay well if that’s the case then I understand but why don’t Audi just say that. Then get the cars over so they can be at least sorted as and when at the dealer?

These things happen I guess but surely it’s best to keep the customers updated and not shroud it in secrecy.

Thanks

Reactions: Dodgygtr
Okay well if that’s the case then I understand but why don’t Audi just say that. Then get the cars over so they can be at least sorted as and when at the dealer?

These things happen I guess but surely it’s best to keep the customers updated and not shroud it in secrecy.

Thanks
I totally agree with you! That's the same thing I said to my dealer but I think it was out of his control which I totally understand too.

Yep I just got told from Audi customer services that they have till last Friday to get it onto a boat but they are having delay problems!!!!!!!!!!!! But wouldn’t or couldn’t tell me why. If it’s the same reason as yours why not just sent the car over and get the dealer to do it in a update.
9th May it will be 6 months since I ordered it lol, good job I’m patient :haudrauf:

Was told this morning by Audi that my car is on a ship on the way to the UK... Finally!

I asked about the phone signal issue and they didn’t know anything about that. They said to check with the dealer.

At least it’s on it’s way here!

Reactions: 392
Yep mines on it’s way too.
Looks like 2nd week in May for me as I’m in New York next week

Yep mines on it’s way too.
Looks like 2nd week in May for me as I’m in New York next week

I may just be being sceptical but my tracker is still saying status 38. Just wondering if yours had updated?

I may just be being sceptical but my tracker is still saying status 38. Just wondering if yours had updated?
Nope still status 38 let’s hope it’s just delayed on the update

Yeah, I was assured by audi cs that my car had arrived at the uk port on the 21st April :footy:

Don’t think the tracker is working at the moment.

Can’t wait to go and collect!

Yeah, I was assured by audi cs that my car had arrived at the uk port on the 21st April :footy:

Don’t think the tracker is working at the moment.

Can’t wait to go and collect!
I asked if they could get mine to the dealer straight away. I got urm NO just told when it lands it’s up to 2 weeks lol, guess I better sort some insurance out now.

Yea I don't think the tracker is working for me either. My car is at the dealers and it still says in Transit - Your Audi has arrived in the UK
I just got my Reg from the dealer today and it will be ready for me to come pick up on Thursday!! :rockwoot::racer:

Reactions: 2018 Solar Orange RS3, SiR89, Dodgygtr and 1 other person
Spoke to dealer today. Says car is on the way to them! They have now made me aware of the phone box issue which needs to be fixed in a later update. Until then the wireless phone box won’t work.

Not a major issue but hope they get the updates out soon!

Reactions: 392
Spoke to dealer today. Says car is on the way to them! They have now made me aware of the phone box issue which needs to be fixed in a later update. Until then the wireless phone box won’t work.

Not a major issue but hope they get the updates out soon!
Wow that’s quick, might be a chance of getting mine next week then lol

It's not just Audi, as you can imagine, ALL Porsche's have a stop on them as well. Saw this on a Porsche forum.

Apparently the mobile phone repeaters in all new Porsche’s are now illegal, so there is a stop on all new Porsche sales until they can reprogramme them to a less powerful version. At the moment they don’t have the software to do this. This is not fake news, my new Porsche is now stuck at the OPC until they can sort it out.
If you search for Ofcom mobile phone repeaters you can learn more.

No new Porsche’s can be registered in the UK until the remedial work has been done, so if other dealers have the same numbers in the pipeline there could be nearly 2500 Porsche’s awaiting an update.

I was looking at ordering the Carbon mirror covers for the RS3 when it comes. Is it worth putting them on or just leaving them gloss black?

Worth getting them, had them on my PFC and it sets the car off. Need to find some for my new one. Where to buy?

Worth getting them, had them on my PFC and it sets the car off. Need to find some for my new one. Where to buy?

I would like to go genuine but I think I’ll have to buy a pair from eBay cause I have lane assist and I can not find a part number for the genuine ones.

Final Update.

Update: status at: “70” (Arrived)

{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2018-04-26"}
{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2018-04-10"}
{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-04-07"}
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-03-18"}
{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-03-19"} (Got My VIN)
{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-03-17"}
{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-03-16"}
{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-03-15"}
{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2018-03-06"}
{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2018-02-15"}
{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2018-02-07"}

Untitled

Reactions: Dodgygtr
Here is a copy of the phone booster signal letter I got from Audi.

IMG 0801

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk