Facelift New RS3 Insurance - who have you gone with?

1664Hatter

Reaction score
Chris Knott cannot get my existing insurer to cover me, and their best quote is £2000! I'm no points, 12years NCB and I'm 35...

They suggested calling back in a few weeks when the car is a little more known..

So who have you guys used?

Chris Knott cannot get my existing insurer to cover me, and their best quote is £2000! I'm no points, 12years NCB and I'm 35...

They suggested calling back in a few weeks when the car is a little more known..

So who have you guys used?
Admiral, £650 old git, max ncd, no points

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That’s ridiculous given you are 35. Did you not try the comparison sites? I’m 32, driving since 18, no points and 8 years no claims and I’m getting quotes from 550 with a company called Just Motor Insurance

That’s ridiculous given you are 35. Did you not try the comparison sites? I’m 32, driving since 18, no points and 8 years no claims and I’m getting quotes from 550 with a company called Just Motor Insurance
That is very cheap, do you have to have a black box for that price?

Yes, I was getting £550ish on the old spec RS3 (selected incorrectly), checked the new spec yesterday and someone quoted £670 - which I thought Chris Knott could at least match but not interested...

Just had to renew my S3 insurance with a view to who would be cheapest for my RS3 when it arrives. I have gone with Hastings (40+, 27 years no claims, no points, etc.). Current quoted price is £340 (for the RS3).

Reactions: FBF01
That is very cheap, do you have to have a black box for that price?

No black box no. To be fair, the second best quote was 650 by a well known insurer, More Th>n, and given the nightmare I’ve had with Quotemehappy, never again will I go for the cheapest. Nightmare

Yes, I was getting £550ish on the old spec RS3 (selected incorrectly), checked the new spec yesterday and someone quoted £670 - which I thought Chris Knott could at least match but not interested...

Surprised by that, do you want the business or knott...sorry, couldn’t resist ha. 670 isn’t bad, who’s that with? Presume your looking for a mod friendly insurer?

Just requested a quote through Chris Knott there...will see what it comes back with. Intrigued as used quite a bit from those who mod

Last edited:
£350 wth esure. Mid 30's, 10+ years NCD and clean licence.

£350 with M&S Age 50 with 13 NCD

£600, Direct Line, 28 years old, 10 years NCD and 6 points. Do get a slight discount for having my home insurance with them.

490 with 1st central insurance via money supermarket. 10yrs ncd. 3pts. 47yrs old.

It does of course depend on where you live amongst other things.

Thanks guys.. Ill shop around.

I live in a fairly low risk area and car is kept in locked garage etc - never claimed on insurance before so really should be a low risk.

Cheers.

Pace Ward have always given me good quotes. Cover mods and trackdays

Going from a Golf 7R at £365 per year for insurance.

I'm 28, 8 yrs NCD. With just me and the other half on, quotes are coming out as £761. If I include the old man it's £624. Still quite surprised it's nearly double the cost of my R.

Going from a Golf 7R at £365 per year for insurance.

I'm 28, 8 yrs NCD. With just me and the other half on, quotes are coming out as £761. If I include the old man it's £624. Still quite surprised it's nearly double the cost of my R.

That's because it's twice the better car

Reactions: zaka7
For whatever it's worth, I'm a 35 yr old married male in the US with a clean driving record. I currently drive a 2014 GMC Sierra pickup truck with a MSRP of $52k. I got a quote from my insurance to see how my rates will change when I trade in my truck for the RS3 (MSRP 62k) in a few weeks. There will be an increase of $17 for the entire year.

For whatever it's worth, I'm a 35 yr old married male in the US with a clean driving record. I currently drive a 2014 GMC Sierra pickup truck with a MSRP of $52k. I got a quote from my insurance to see how my rates will change when I trade in my truck for the RS3 (MSRP 62k) in a few weeks. There will be an increase of $17 for the entire year.
Out of interest, is car insurance pretty reasonable in the US? Mine in the UK is probably the equivalent of $500 per year.

Last edited:
I have two adult drivers on the policy and another 2017 $35k vehicle, and we pay around $130/month, but we have maxed out coverage limits, low deductibles, and rental reimbursement. I would likely drop to below $100/month if we set our coverage to the standard $500 deductibles and minimum coverage amounts

Well 'More Than' of all people have come up with the best quote of £550 which is reasonable. Thanks again chaps.