New RS3 deal...any good?

Riko0073

Reaction score
hi guys

Long time member here having owned an S3 saloon and currently an S4 Avant but looking at the next change which is likely to be a new RS3 Sportback.

I’ve had a deal with £5,315 discount based on £5k deposit and 48 months of £612 based on the Sport edition model with Comfort and Sound pack and electric folding mirrors in Nardo.

How does that deal sound and any other options you guys would recommend?

I had magnetic ride on my S3 but not sure if I’d miss it but the ride in the S4 is excellent with the adaptive dampers.

I’m waiting on a test drive vehicle to see if this is a worthy successor to the S4.

Any input/feedback welcome.

Mark

hi guys

Long time member here having owned an S3 saloon and currently an S4 Avant but looking at the next change which is likely to be a new RS3 Sportback.

I’ve had a deal with £5,315 discount based on £5k deposit and 48 months of £612 based on the Sport edition model with Comfort and Sound pack and electric folding mirrors in Nardo.

How does that deal sound and any other options you guys would recommend?

I had magnetic ride on my S3 but not sure if I’d miss it but the ride in the S4 is excellent with the adaptive dampers.

I’m waiting on a test drive vehicle to see if this is a worthy successor to the S4.

Any input/feedback welcome.

Mark

Not sure about the deal, but on the suspension side, my previous 2018 FL RS3 SB had the Mag Ride and I liked it, but my new 2019 RS3 Sport Edition SB is much better with the sports suspension. I suspect tweaks have been made from last years model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
Not sure about the deal, but on the suspension side, my previous 2018 FL RS3 SB had the Mag Ride and I liked it, but my new 2019 RS3 Sport Edition SB is much better with the sports suspension. I suspect tweaks have been made from last years model.

Thanks mate, yes I’m sure the sports suspension will be fine, I expect a firm ride but hopefully with decent damping on the new model.

Thanks mate, yes I’m sure the sports suspension will be fine, I expect a firm ride but hopefully with decent damping on the new model.

Yes it is exactly as you have described it, enjoy.

Deal now down to £598pm...I guess I’ll be placing the order and finally scratch that 5 cylinder itch!

Just need to get a good test drive to confirm.

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Deal now down to £598pm...I guess I’ll be placing the order and finally scratch that 5 cylinder itch!

Just need to get a good test drive to confirm.

Forget the test drive, it’s an awesome motor, head-turner and amazingly quick, throw in the Quattro and it the best motor I have ever owned / driven, if won’t be for sale too long.

Forget the test drive, it’s an awesome motor, head-turner and amazingly quick, throw in the Quattro and it the best motor I have ever owned / driven, if won’t be for sale too long.

I’m sure it will tick all my boxes but my current S4 Avant is pretty much faultless as a daily driver but always longed for the RS3 and the time is right, hopefully a test drive can be arranged, my local dealer gave me an S3 and S4 for a good day ahead of purchasing them.

Reactions: NevMan
Push the button! you will 100% not regret it.

Reactions: NevMan
So.....dealer calls me today, have just had a pre-registered Nardo Grey RS3 Sport edition in stock with the options I wanted PLUS matrix headlights (have these on my S4 and are amazing!) and red brake callipers and works out £5pm less than the original deal.

I know this is pre-registered but means I get the car I want with added extras, cheaper and no long wait for a factory order!

Deposit placed to hold and test drive still booked for Friday to confirm and sign the deal, could be in the RS club in the next week : )

Reactions: OCDaveS4, D0C, NevMan and 1 other person
So.....dealer calls me today, have just had a pre-registered Nardo Grey RS3 Sport edition in stock with the options I wanted PLUS matrix headlights (have these on my S4 and are amazing!) and red brake callipers and works out £5pm less than the original deal.

I know this is pre-registered but means I get the car I want with added extras, cheaper and no long wait for a factory order!

Deposit placed to hold and test drive still booked for Friday to confirm and sign the deal, could be in the RS club in the next week : )

Good move, if the Pre-Reg has the options you want it’s a no-brainer.
Test drive will only confirm that you must buy it.

A Pre Welcome to the RS3 Forum

Reactions: NevMan and Riko0073
Good move, if the Pre-Reg has the options you want it’s a no-brainer.
Test drive will only confirm that you must buy it.

A Pre Welcome to the RS3 Forum

Thanks mate, time seems right and with that deal I’m sure I’ll be back with some pictures of the new RS3 soon ; )

Reactions: sve170
Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Be good to hear how you feel it compares to the S4. My guess is it'll feel a bit less insulated, more chuckable and definitely sound better. Probably less refined - bit more fun.

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Be good to hear how you feel it compares to the S4. My guess is it'll feel a bit less insulated, more chuckable and definitely sound better. Probably less refined - bit more fun.
Yes that’s my guess but I’ve always loved my hot hatches and although the S4 is a great car and refined I do miss the smaller car and obviously the RS3 will be quicker it’s sure to be more nimble and more engaging for those back road blasts.

I’ll definitely miss the S4 as it will be a step down in regards to cabin refinement, not that the RS3 isn’t top class but the practicality of the S4 is great and I’m not sure I’ll get my golf clubs in the boot without pushing down the seat?

Excited to finally get that RS and scratch that 5 pot itch, beautiful cars and I wanted something I could keep for a long time with good residuals and the 5 cylinder is unique.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
I came from an RS7 (no need for a big car now). Massive step down in terms of refinement, night and day, but similarly massive step up in the fun factor. Awesome wee car. Once I address the horrible road noise I will be really happy with it!!

Trigger pulled after the day with an RS3 today and pick up my Nardo Sportback on Thursday : )

Definitely a step back in cabin refinement and insulation but just means I can hear that glorious 5 cylinder, what a great sound even with the new OPF and my test drive car only had the standard exhaust fitted, mine has the sports exhaust, is it much louder?

Manual seat adjustment isn’t great on a £50k car and the S4 has this as standard along with massage seats (bit overrated), however the SS seats are still great and as it’s only me driving they shouldn’t need to be moved much.

Will miss the extended LED lighting in the S4 as it looks amazing at night and the ability to change the colours.

The ride was surprisingly good, just the right amount of firm and soaked up the Norfolk roads very well, sat really flat around the bends where the S4 struggles, definitely a fun car and I’ve been smiling all day as missed having a smaller more nimble car....WOW what a weapon the RS3 is!

Let’s hope I have as much trouble free motoring as with my previous S3 saloon and the S4 Avant, my third Audi and my first RS, I’m glad to be staying with the 4 rings as was thinking of going to the dark side now that the new S4 is a diesel but I guess the other German brands will have to take a back seat for a while longer ; )

Looking forward to sharing some pics once I take ownership Thursday.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, DW81, NevMan and 2 others
Congrats Look forward to the pics

The growl of the 5 cylinder is nothing short of spectacular, I think we got caught up more having the exhaust sound like a sub machine gun then anything else

Reactions: Riko0073 and EVO855