New RS3 8Y Design Details

It's actually quite nice to see the banter, same on M3 Cutters recently because as you'll know the M3 has divided opinion. :worked till 5am:

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I had a good look at German site with translator today and I looked at RS design pack. The basic pack is very subtle, think it’s red edging on seatbelts, red 12 o’clock marker and special mats. The plus pack adds the red vent accent# and red flashes on seats. I think that is the one to have.

Do you think Audi UK will include the Carbon rear wing ( I hope not) but I was thinking are they going to plaster it with carbon trim to match the Aero Pack that Mercedes put on the A45S. It suddenly crossed my mind that could be how it’s specc’d but surely Audi have more class.
I don't think carbon trim and Gloss black plastic mix well on the exterior of the 8Y its either all of both
The basic red design pack will have red stitching on the doors seats and steering wheel "no stripe" and vents,red stitching on floor matts with RS logo
The full red design pack will add trim on the side of the head restraints and seatbelts
It's the same for all design packs on Audi models that have this option available to them

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR
I don't think carbon trim and Gloss black plastic mix well on the exterior of the 8Y its either all of both
The basic red design pack will have red stitching on the doors seats and steering wheel "no stripe" and vents,red stitching on floor matts with RS logo
The full red design pack will add trim on the side of the head restraints and seatbelts
It's the same for all design packs on Audi models that have this option available to them

talking of design packs, I noticed this car has green interior contrast stitching with Daytona exterior. I do like the green but I’m not sure it works in this combination ?

I’m thinking Daytona paint, red brake callipers & red contrast stitching / possibly red design pack

Reactions: Jassyo06, AndyVWR and NevMan
talking of design packs, I noticed this car has green interior contrast stitching with Daytona exterior. I do like the green but I’m not sure it works in this combination ?

I’m thinking Daytona paint, red brake callipers & red contrast stitching / possibly red design pack

That will look awesome snake in my opinion of course

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It's actually quite nice to see the banter, same on M3 Cutters recently because as you'll know the M3 has divided opinion. :worked till 5am:

Oooooo I’m on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan

Yes all day long
Same as mine only mine is black of course
And a saloon

Sold my TTRS roadster today as price too good to turn down. I was one of the first to drive the 8V RS3 when the demos hit dealers and ordered that morning but I'd want to drive the new one before I'd order but I'm thinking a Cayman GTS as I don't need the back seats anymore (and not far off in price).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Can I apologise in advance (in case I copy you) as that combo had crossed my mind and it will look great.

Sold my TTRS roadster today as price too good to turn down. I was one of the first to drive the 8V RS3 when the demos hit dealers and ordered that morning but I'd want to drive the new one before I'd order but I'm thinking a Cayman GTS as I don't need the back seats anymore (and not far off in price).

Well done, used prices are mad at the moment. I have no doubt it will drive well. Like the Cayman GTS a lot, saw a beautiful silver cayman spyder at my local garden centre the other day, now THAT is drool material

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AlexDR
Yes, tend to agree, the black and then carbon effect will not be best mix. But I was trying to second guess what the Carbon trim level for RS3 might feature. Main worry was inclusion of that carbon wing ( to try and match A45S trim) but as it’s such a hefty option price (in Germany) maybe it will be an option for uk.

I was just mulling over what each trim level would look like and which wheel, options each trim might get. I’m basically using RSQ3 as that basis. It’s just a way of psyching myself up for the disappointment for when uk configurator goes live and I can’t spec how I would really like it (as not planning to run to Vorsprung trim) so I was weighing up the standard v Carbon.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Yes, tend to agree, the black and then carbon effect will not be best mix. But I was trying to second guess what the Carbon trim level for RS3 might feature. Main worry was inclusion of that carbon wing ( to try and match A45S trim) but as it’s such a hefty option price (in Germany) maybe it will be an option for uk.

I was just mulling over what each trim level would look like and which wheel, options each trim might get. I’m basically using RSQ3 as that basis. It’s just a way of psyching myself up for the disappointment for when uk configurator goes live and I can’t spec how I would really like it (as not planning to run to Vorsprung trim) so I was weighing up the standard v Carbon.
I think there is a matte carbon trim that runs across the dashboard this maybe a part of a carbon edition if it comes to the UK ?
VORSPRUNG model is bound to be very close to £67k going by the price of the TTRS Vorsprung

I think there is a matte carbon trim that runs across the dashboard this maybe a part of a carbon edition if it comes to the UK ?
VORSPRUNG model is bound to be very close to £67k going by the price of the TTRS Vorsprung

Both the TTS & TTRS have an uplift of approx £10k for the Vorsprung so that would take it to £61k sportback or £62k for the saloon

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
Th3
Both the TTS & TTRS have an uplift of approx £10k for the Vorsprung so that would take it to £61k sportback or £62k for the saloon
The price Gap between the S3 to RS3 has really widened now it used to be around £6k it's now double that

The 8v's Audi Sport edition was a model that ticked most folks option boxes all that was required was to option comfort and sound pack...job done l don't think a carbon edition 8y RS3 will come about

Ouch!!! Whichever one of you is right. Surely they would have it more in line with cost of RSQ3 than the TT RS.

Yes, on the Audi UK site the press release does mention carbon trim around dashboard as part of Carbon Edition and Vorsprung Edition.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
i see the rsq3 vorsprung is ~62k so I think it will be around this price too (given 8Y price increase from 8V), the rsq3 is more expensive than rs3

Hmm, what are they adding I wonder…

ba30c03c936cdfd13d477c9ed26321ef.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, RS3ree, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Probably just the 2021 H2 changes, but you never know

It could well be the RS3 ;)

There is a link on the front page saying RS3 coming soon which did take you to the info page a few hours ago - now it also says under maintenance ... so fingers crossed we might finally get the uk configurator shortly :icon thumright:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
Let’s hope they finish it before they knock off for the weekend

• Haha

They are clearly adding just this 1
Cos I’m first in the queue of course
626cef254333a465187840b75cab3e6e.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Add_Profile and 1 other person
It could well be the RS3 ;)

There is a link on the front page saying RS3 coming soon which did take you to the info page a few hours ago - now it also says under maintenance ... so fingers crossed we might finally get the uk configurator shortly :icon thumright:
Keen as Mustard Pliskin if it where closed down for the RS3 update it would only be that specific page on the site and not the full website ....The TTS page was down in January for a few days for the addition of spec and the 320 ps engine upgrade, the RS over inflated price list will come soon....still be interesting to see how Audi will **** up the UK model designations and specs I hope not

Mines would be a Saloon

Exclusive paint
pan roof
Diamond cut alloys
comfort and sound
Red design pack...not the the more expensive one as ye hardly notice the red lines in the seat belts
Standard exhaust....the effectiveness of the OPF sport exhaust wont justify the additional cost IMHO
Matrix candles
I fancy Alu trim for a change sick of high gloss black....3 cars in a row with it

• Wow
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, AndyVWR and 2 others

That RS5's Green stitched interior is a Audi Exclusive one....as the little plaque on the door cards tells you so
The Green stitched interior "MAY" only be applicable to certain exterior paint colours Days of Thunder maybe one them

l had the same problem with the TT

Audi have now dropped the blue stitching on the TTRS seats just all black or Red stitched seats now

Keen as Mustard Pliskin if it where closed down for the RS3 update it would only be that specific page on the site and not the full website ....The TTS page was down in January for a few days for the addition of spec and the 320 ps engine upgrade, the RS over inflated price list will come soon....still be interesting to see how Audi will **** up the UK model designations and specs I hope not

Mines would be a Saloon

Exclusive paint
pan roof
Diamond cut alloys
comfort and sound
Red design pack...not the the more expensive one as ye hardly notice the red lines in the seat belts
Standard exhaust....the effectiveness of the OPF sport exhaust wont justify the additional cost IMHO
Matrix candles
I fancy Alu trim for a change sick of high gloss black....3 cars in a row with it
Oh wow Snake and PeteRSLee seem to have won you over.

But you need to go full design pack.... the red stripes on seatbelts are the best bit (.......adds about 25bhp to engine output)
I sincerely want to be proved wrong but I think we are stuffed for wheel choice. I think you get what Audi UK give you and like it. Hope I’m wrong but alloy choice on RS models seem to be one wheel per trim if you are lucky. Yes, I know TT has a few choices but other models seem to be one wheel per trim.

you seem to be committed to this spec, do you think you "may" change a few things over the upcoming weeks?

Only time will tell I guess
But black yes
black wheels yes
And the red bits yes
Vorsprung obviously
Need all the toys
Have no interest in ceramics though

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR

Mines would be a Saloon

Exclusive paint
pan roof
Diamond cut alloys
comfort and sound
Matrix candles
Does this mean you are joining the Rs3 gang jassy ? I want one I won't lie :laughing:

Oh wow Snake and PeteRSLee seem to have won you over.

But you need to go full design pack.... the red stripes on seatbelts are the best bit (.......adds about 25bhp to engine output)
I sincerely want to be proved wrong but I think we are stuffed for wheel choice. I think you get what Audi UK give you and like it. Hope I’m wrong but alloy choice on RS models seem to be one wheel per trim if you are lucky. Yes, I know TT has a few choices but other models seem to be one wheel per trim.
Nowt to do them 2 Muppet millionaires mate...lol l aint rushing into anything it's not a race... besides my TTS is a fast and a extremely capable car and most of all sounds ****** great

I see Audi have done away with the Frankenstein xxxxx stitching on the dashboard and armrests in the doors plus point!!!! but no lights on the bang & Olufsen the carbon on the dash is carbon effect!!! full blacked out roof is too VX corsa like....pano roof is enough l think keeping the price around £56k/£58k is realistic for all that's required anymore than is just silly......

Bad News Folks..... Uk configurator is back up and it looks like A1 Citycarver has been taken off sale...Nooooo!

That was my second choice if I can’t get the RS3 spec I want

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Jassyo06
Does this mean you are joining the Rs3 gang jassy ? I want one I won't lie :laughing:
No rush for one is there as forecasts for chip shortages in the Car industry are predicted to extend well into 2022
It's a love hate relationship l have with the TTS only 2k miles in 3 months ....I'll see how things pan out with the car industry definitely a test drive before the 2 millionaires get one lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and NevMan
Bad News Folks..... Uk configurator is back up and it looks like A1 Citycarver has been taken off sale...Nooooo!

That was my second choice if I can’t get the RS3 spec I want
A1 production is getting stopped as well no facelift or a new model....getting replaced by a small electric car...as Audi says they don't make enough profit from the A1 range

Nowt to do them 2 Muppet millionaires mate...lol l aint rushing into anything it's not a race... besides my TTS is a fast and a extremely capable car and most of all sounds ****** great

I see Audi have done away with the Frankenstein xxxxx stitching on the dashboard and armrests in the doors plus point!!!! but no lights on the bang & Olufsen the carbon on the dash is carbon effect!!! full blacked out roof is too VX corsa like....pano roof is enough l think keeping the price around £56k/£58k is realistic for all that's required anymore than is just silly......

Just muppets
Don’t be so insulting that I’m a millionaire
Lol

• Haha