New RS3 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my I'd give up my first born for a 3 door RS3 Sportback!

Exact opposite for me. I think this is one of the best looking Mercedes cars that I have seen in a very long time.

3 door RS3....plus you think the new C class coupe is one of the best looking Mercedes Benz ever.....issues big issues....but l suggest a head massage every so often...as it may manipulate the part that appreciates Good car design....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Perhaps you RS3 facelift lovers of light engined, no understeer car guys need to campaign to start a separate break-away forum from the RS3 pre-facelift fat engined understeer machine guys.
Just like the RS3 soon to be owners demanded to get away from the regular 8v A3/S3 forum.

Conclusion; some RS3 owners are a touch sensitive.

Reactions: ABYSS, AudiNutta, Tom_L and 1 other person
Perhaps you RS3 facelift lovers of light engined, no understeer car guys need to campaign to start a separate break-away forum from the RS3 pre-facelift fat engined understeer machine guys.
Just like the RS3 soon to be owners demanded to get away from the regular 8v A3/S3 forum.

Conclusion; some RS3 owners are a touch sensitive.

Oh yes, I forgot about how the imminently to be released 400BHP, better-in-every-way F/L has no understeer...:tearsofjoy:

Rumour has it that there's going to be an ultra-lightweight RS3 Plus with no rear seats etc capable of 0-60mph is 3.5s. Going to be priced at around £50k though before options...

Annnnd I'm awake again. But man, it was a good dream :footy:

Reactions: Terminator x
Any info on whether the new RS3 will have an electric turbo? 400hp is one thing, but IMMMEDIATE boost really changes things.

The electric turbo is coming on the plus minus version with 500bhp and a 3 door coupe

Reactions: Yorrick, Terminator x and ComputerControlled
I can't wait for the 2017 version. 600BHP twin-turbo monster. No over steer. Quad oval exhaust system. Coming January 2017, I'm telling you! All you guys with the sub-standard old model and the terrible steering - just you wait to see what we get:kissing:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Terminator x
God I hope they do release an FL sportback.

Not drawn to the saloon at all. Sportback is way more aggressive, more practical & in keeping with a 'hot hatch'. Saloon just feels a bit erm 'oap' to me sorry ! USA market live small saloons, which is why it was created in the first place ... but if you want a saloon variant then S4/S5 surely makes more sense and the proportions look better too.

New car sounds identical to current car which is good though. Hopefully a sportback will appear in a year or 2. I will defo have another hatch in a couple of years, but not a saloon so fingers crossed they release one by then.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Jassyo06
Electric magyk will filter down to the A3 eventually. I like the idea of a leccy boosted RS3.

TX.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
God I hope they do release an FL sportback.

Not drawn to the saloon at all. Sportback is way more aggressive, more practical & in keeping with a 'hot hatch'. Saloon just feels a bit erm 'oap' to me sorry ! USA market live small saloons, which is why it was created in the first place ... but if you want a saloon variant then S4/S5 surely makes more sense and the proportions look better too.

New car sounds identical to current car which is good though. Hopefully a sportback will appear in a year or 2. I will defo have another hatch in a couple of years, but not a saloon so fingers crossed they release one by then.

Snake,

It's not that the US market loves small saloons so much as the fact that hatches (and estates) just do not sell on this side of the Atlantic. Most people over here who are looking for something with a fifth door/hatch will go for an SUV type of vehicle. With Canada having 1/10 the population of the US, it wouldn't make sense to bring a Sportback over just for our small market. That's why Audi haven't brought over the new A3/S3 Sportback this time, only the saloon. Hatches are perceived to be cheap, entry-level cars. We didn't even get a chance at the 8P RS3 as very few here would pay premium money for a hatch. I've seen one 8P RS3 here (near Toronto) and only saw it once. The guy must have made a special order or floated it over himself.

Am l right in saying the rumour on this THREAD is the RS3 saloon is only for the USA. . Tripe...poppy **** car will come here aswell and most will get a shock at the price of it £47k basic £10k over the current S3 that's £37k

Am l right in saying the rumour on this THREAD is the RS3 saloon is only for the USA. . Tripe...poppy **** car will come here aswell and most will get a shock at the price of it £47k basic £10k over the current S3 that's £37k
My prediction is saloon only although to the UK as well. In Aug 2017 of course :tearsofjoy:

TX.

I'd say it's likely that the saloon is being developed with the US market in mind, but I don't think it would be US only. Of course, my crystal ball has plenty of cracks in it and is a bit foggy these days as well!

Reactions: Jassyo06
My prediction is saloon only although to the UK as well. In Aug 2017 of course :tearsofjoy:

TX.

It will be a MY18 Model,and should be available to order before May 2017..l wouldnt pay that amount of dosh £47k for a Basic RS3 Saloon,TTRS seems a better proposition,and is a must test drive for myself,had a good drive in my sons roadster....**** me you could actually feel the road through the steering with no play at all,something the full A3/S3/RS3 range lacks,the TTRS should come better equipped as standard over the RS3 Saloon aswell cant wait....

I'd say it's likely that the saloon is being developed with the US market in mind, but I don't think it would be US only. Of course, my crystal ball has plenty of cracks in it and is a bit foggy these days as well!

Its not been developed for US market, Audi are merely introducing into the states,but no doubt it will have slightly less horsepower due to the US Higher Emission laws,just like the S3...Slightly down in power....but it will be cheaper over there

It will be a MY18 Model,and should be available to order before May 2017..l wouldnt pay that amount of dosh £47k for a Basic RS3 Saloon,TTRS seems a better proposition,and is a must test drive for myself,had a good drive in my sons roadster....**** me you could actually feel the road through the steering with no play at all,something the full A3/S3/RS3 range lacks,the TTRS should come better equipped as standard over the RS3 Saloon aswell cant wait....

One worrying thing I had read somewhere though mate was that there will be NO dynamic exhaust option for the TTRS.
Can't recall where I read this, but somethiung about Audi thinking it is unsuitable for the TT target audience *** ??
It will still sound ace though I am sure and as you say, handling wise will be epic !!!
If Audi don't re-release an RS3 sportback and make it saloon only in the UK surely that will severly limited the number of sales ?
So lets hope the sportback does see a re-release next year, or year after latest - maybe it will be a run-out black edition ??

Reactions: Jassyo06
One worrying thing I had read somewhere though mate was that there will be NO dynamic exhaust option for the TTRS.
Can't recall where I read this, but somethiung about Audi thinking it is unsuitable for the TT target audience *** ??
It will still sound ace though I am sure and as you say, handling wise will be epic !!!
If Audi don't re-release an RS3 sportback and make it saloon only in the UK surely that will severly limited the number of sales ?
So lets hope the sportback does see a re-release next year, or year after latest - maybe it will be a run-out black edition ??

Yeah but whats that exhaust button the steering wheel for,the same as in the R8..???? No sound no deal lol and l can wait another year for the right car.....not in a hurry as l don't intend getting another new car after this one

Yeah but whats that exhaust button the steering wheel for,the same as in the R8..???? No sound no deal lol and l can wait another year for the right car.....not in a hurry as l don't intend getting another new car after this one

ah yeah good point about the button - unless it just amplifies the standard exhaust ?
You gotta have the sports exhaust though, as you know ... I still smile ear to ear when I hear the howl @ 3,500rpm.
With the windows open and sound bouncing off buildings, its amazing how this is a standard fit exhuast it is epic :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Jassyo06
ah yeah good point about the button - unless it just amplifies the standard exhaust ?
You gotta have the sports exhaust though, as you know ... I still smile ear to ear when I hear the howl @ 3,500rpm.
With the windows open and sound bouncing off buildings, its amazing how this is a standard fit exhuast it is epic :)

Go on my son....lol av seriously fallen out with my car big time l ****** deplore it...between the gash seats and the S-Tronic gearbox...then add its biggest ****** problem the suspension...av had enough....l even lost the plot with it driving home..lol l had road rage with my own car...that says it all

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Snake Pliskin
If you watch the Car Wow video and Super Cars of London video, there are pops and bangs just like the RS3 when revving. Nobody will know until they release it though regarding over run...

This forum is starting to go down the pan, with the attitude and sarcasm from some people.

Fingers are twitching to take a look at RS3OC at this rate! Getting ridiculous

Reactions: FBF01 and CraigI
It would be amazing to see the R8/TTRS steering wheel on the RS3. The virtual cockpit is a must for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stuart1441 and VAG_Club001
It would be amazing to see the R8/TTRS steering wheel on the RS3. The virtual cockpit is a must for me

Got the virtual cockpit in my TT.
Really good, fresh addition.
TT interior in general makes the 8v A3 range feel very dated.

Reactions: Foxtrot_Oscar
This will be a potent weapon, but its far to subtle for me (boring), if only it looked like the club sport concept, they are going to charge fortunes for it regardless thou, im betting 55k with the prerequisite options

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/vo...ent/2014/05/concept-car-woerthersee-tour.html

maxresdefault.jpg
Too much like an RS4 wannabe. For me it has no identity. Never been a fan of the saloon to be fair.

Reactions: Yorrick

Same could be said the other way round though. The main reason I didn't buy an RS3, was because it was a Sportback. I just don't like that configuration. I bought an S3 saloon instead.

So if Audi only produced the next RS3 in Saloon version, it may make more people buy it. I guess it'll be judged on A3/S3 saloon sales. TBH, Audi now don't have a small RS Saloon. The RS4 Saloon was an extremely popular car, and an RS3 Saloon would fulfil that gap.

I now see more new S3 Saloons around than I do 3 door or Sportbacks.

Reactions: seventeenapg, msdmjb and Spaceman_RS3
Same could be said the other way round though. The main reason I didn't buy an RS3, was because it was a Sportback. I just don't like that configuration. I bought an S3 saloon instead.

So if Audi only produced the next RS3 in Saloon version, it may make more people buy it. I guess it'll be judged on A3/S3 saloon sales. TBH, Audi now don't have a small RS Saloon. The RS4 Saloon was an extremely popular car, and an RS3 Saloon would fulfil that gap.

I now see more new S3 Saloons around than I do 3 door or Sportbacks.

Fair points & .....

Yeah I don't get why Audi don't do saloon versions of RS4 & RS6 ?

Why are they estate only ?

Got the virtual cockpit in my TT.
Really good, fresh addition.
TT interior in general makes the 8v A3 range feel very dated.

Drove a TT roadster for a hour the other night,l never paid any attention the dashboard binnacle as l was too busy enjoying the driving the car, the steering and road feel are amazing condsidering its a Audi,biggest Gizmo ever the VC,but l still prefer my analogue dials,the TT's interior especially the seats,still have the gash leather and side bolsters like in the S3...yeah its got a fresher sharper looking interior but the perceived quality ain't better,the Ace up the A3's sleeve is its pop up screen...a classic design that will be hard to beat,TT is a stunning looking car in the right colour with the right choice of alloys....but hey what Audi is'nt

Reactions: Kugaman1 and Snake Pliskin
Drove a TT roadster for a hour the other night,l never paid any attention the dashboard binnacle as l was too busy enjoying the driving the car, the steering and road feel are amazing condsidering its a Audi,biggest Gizmo ever the VC,but l still prefer my analogue dials,the TT's interior especially the seats,still have the gash leather and side bolsters like in the S3...yeah its got a fresher sharper looking interior but the perceived quality ain't better,the Ace up the A3's sleeve is its pop up screen...a classic design that will be hard to beat,TT is a stunning looking car in the right colour with the right choice of alloys....but hey what Audi is'nt

The virtual dash is mega cool, high tech & initially very impressive .... & the TT interior is modern & cool too .... But I still step inside my RS3 cabin & think wow !
It just oozes class & looks & feels ace & impresed me from the moment I stepped in it on pick up morning.
Coming from a 'lux feel' S5 I was slightly apprehensive on the interior, but it did feel a step up. The super sports seats, mono pur and leather / alcantara steering wheel make it for me.
Plus as you say Jassy, I don't miss the virtual dash on mine, I really like the RS3 analogue dials combined with centre screen and pop up screen.

If rs3 saloon comes out here id be happy I love a saloon loved my misano red rs4 saloon. Few years I'd order a saloon rs3 or 4 if they ever exist in red. Tho I'm really liking Vegas yellow and black pack just now

So according to them no new engine with 400 bhp lol again there only guessing just like us
I find it most annoying with the papers etc nowt to report so just make some stuff up!

TX.

Reactions: Tom_L, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Let's hope this is correct!

Reactions: Jassyo06, VAG_Club001 and Colin A

I don't think this has been left anywhere yet....

Reactions: LogicSnap, L1ARR, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
I can't wait for the 2017 version. 600BHP twin-turbo monster. No over steer. Quad oval exhaust system. Coming January 2017, I'm telling you! All you guys with the sub-standard old model and the terrible steering - just you wait to see what we get:kissing:

i just heard from a friend, who knows someone whose cousin walks the dog for a guy that once read an evo magazine who said that in late 2017 the RS3 plus + R performance will be released with a quad turbo W16 engine in the boot

that could be fun

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Let's just get the new RS3 out 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.