Facelift New RS3’s

sve170

Reaction score
Aberdeen Audi have posted they have three brand new RS3’s in the showroom.

Be quick as they won’t be there long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know, sound + performance seems to be muted.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

TX.

For some the muted sound is preferred I think, I for one was put off by the rather excessive pops and bangs of the PFL but now it sound perfects for me.

Performance is not so great from what I’ve seen and heard but then again others have said no difference? I drove one all day Friday before placing my order and the performance was amazing and plenty quick enough for daily driving, if you’re chasing 0-60 times on a drag strip or track day then yeah it might make a difference.

If you’d have said to me 30 years ago I’d be driving a hatch that can hit 60 in near 4 seconds with 400bhp I’d have fallen over, maybe more so that I’d be spending near £50k on one :scared2:...long live the hyper hatch :racer:

Reactions: dp_motley, Terminator x, sve170 and 1 other person

TX.

Sound is muted but totally wrong on performance.
As a daily driver it’s perfect, best of both worlds, comfortable, easy to drive and plenty bhp when needed.

Reactions: Riko0073
My 2019 GPF fitted RS3 with 2k miles on the clock on a dry and level road using launch control will his 62 in 3.7 seconds, and I was using data logic timing gear, very happy with those numbers.

Reactions: banny650 and Riko0073
With what did you measure?

I have the same mileage as you and with racelogic Vbox sport (no passenger, flat surface) cannot get better than 4.3 sec...:((
I do live at 370 m above sea level (1220 ft) , if that should make a real difference?
I saw another carwow YouTube video where they compared it to a tuned abt seat cupra. The 2019 RS3 did 4.2 in that video as well ...

With what did you measure?

I have the same mileage as you and with racelogic Vbox sport (no passenger, flat surface) cannot get better than 4.3 sec...:((
I do live at 370 m above sea level (1220 ft) , if that should make a real difference?
I saw another carwow YouTube video where they compared it to a tuned abt seat cupra. The 2019 RS3 did 4.2 in that video as well ...
I used a Dragy performance meter. I have met other FL RS3 owners who’s 0-62 times range from 3.6 to 4.4 but there are multiple verifiables like air temp, altitude, tyre pressure and weight of fuel. I had a 2018 S3 and that would pull 4.4 all day.

One easy way to find out. Drive slowly over a speed bump and the mag ride car (in comfort) will have the front bouncing up and and down like its on a pogo stick.

Reactions: Riko0073
One easy way to find out. Drive slowly over a speed bump and the mag ride car (in comfort) will have the front bouncing up and and down like its on a pogo stick.
Funny you should say that as just noticed it being very bouncy over a few sharp speed humps

Got 0-60 3.81 in my 2019 rs3 tonight, only did one launch up a slight incline

Last edited:
Reactions: GW1
Best i can get in my late 2017 FL RS3 is 3.66 secs

Reactions: GW1
Does the stock map let you use LC without turning down ESP? I can't say I ever tried (and I thought it wouldn't work without it turned to Sport/off).

But - I did LC once on my car (remapped), with it on, and damn it was slow. Let off the brake and just bogged with the flashing yellow light till 30mph. If that is possible maybe that's the issue, as 3.7 isn't far off the pre-FL times.

Just got a dragy so going to try record some 0-60 times if I can find a decent flat, straight quiet road.

I’ve done a few launches in cars but never recorded times, what’s the trick with the boost, should you let it build then release the brake when it tops out or release the brake as it’s building?

Also how high should the boost go?

sorry for newbie questions!

It makes you wonder what carwow was playing at when they raced it against the cupra

The car they were given to test may well have had 95RON fuel put in it instead of 98/99RON which makes a good difference to how the car performs.

Does the stock map let you use LC without turning down ESP? I can't say I ever tried (and I thought it wouldn't work without it turned to Sport/off).

But - I did LC once on my car (remapped), with it on, and damn it was slow. Let off the brake and just bogged with the flashing yellow light till 30mph. If that is possible maybe that's the issue, as 3.7 isn't far off the pre-FL times.

Lots of people that test drive the cars forget to switch off the Hill Assist function (the button next to the electric hand brake switch) and launch the car with it on. It makes quite a bit of difference.

No so sure the fuel would make such a difference .. there is now a more recent carwow video and the 2019 RS3 with opf can’t even really manage to beat a stage 1 tuned golf R with is claimed 360 hp ...

Mine’s mapped and I never use traction control, it’s far too intrusive. My start sequence goes, push start, five clicks of mode button to ‘Dynamic’, traction ‘Off’, stick right to manual mode, every time.

No so sure the fuel would make such a difference .. there is now a more recent carwow video and the 2019 RS3 with opf can’t even really manage to beat a stage 1 tuned golf R with is claimed 360 hp ...
Same old story, a tuned car v stock and I imagine the golf is lighter. The Golf R’s are quick stock so I’m not surprised a tuned one gave the RS3 a tough time!

with members on here recording 3.7/3.8 0-60’s in the OPF RS3 which is as good as some owners have achieved in the pre-OPF cars, there’s so many variables I imagine in getting the best times...fuel type, amount of fuel, weight of driver, road surface and did the driver actually launch correctly?

Just got a dragy so going to try record some 0-60 times if I can find a decent flat, straight quiet road.

I’ve done a few launches in cars but never recorded times, what’s the trick with the boost, should you let it build then release the brake when it tops out or release the brake as it’s building?

Also how high should the boost go?

sorry for newbie questions!

Fastest times are usually achieved when you release the footbrake as the boost is building to it's peak before it hits the 3.5k revs limiter and starts to bounce back and forth. It takes a bit of practice to get right if you are chasing good zero to sixty times or launching for quick 60ft when doing 1/4 drag runs. Traction control should at least be at the sport setting (one quick press) for a stock car but I switch mine completely off as I have a modded car.

Interesting to see guys who own the OPF cars getting sub 4 secs zero to sixty times, maybe the cars improve with some miles on it. or as I mentioned in a post above perhaps they have 99ron fuel in the tank. For anyone recording their 0-60mph time using Vbox or similar equipment.....have you got the 1ft rollout function switched off? If you are recording times with it included you will be getting results that are as much as 0.2/0.3 of a second quicker than with it switched off.
My Dragy recorded times for my stock 2018 FL car are shown below. Note: The stock runs are numbers 9 and 8 on the list, the other runs are as I progressed from stage 1 to stage 2 tunes. All times are with 1ft rollout switched off.
InkedIMG 0870 LI

Aberdeen Audi have posted they have three brand new RS3’s in the showroom.

Be quick as they won’t be there long.

Going off what other dealers get in, the spec will be bog standard. I've looked at dealer sites, and very few well specced RS3's out there.