New rims arrived but is the offset wrong??

GFORCE

Bring On The Sunshine
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2003 A4 1.8 T-sport Cabriolet.
Ordered some RS6's 19" from Rochford tyres fitted with 235/35/19 tyres

I ordered ET35 offset with 5/112 audi fitting.

They wheels tured up with ET45 ???

Will these be ok to fit ?? :wacko: if so what are the up's and downs to having ET45 to ET35 ?

Hiya mate, dont compromise and send them back, mistake is on their part as you ordered to your specification and recieved something else, dont waste time and money on spacers. I know its a ball ache when you look forward to something and the wrong item comes, I suppose at least you can check the quality of the package. Good luck

Thanks guys I thought this would be the case of sitting to far in.
Gutted.........arrrghhh!!

Cheers and thanks for your help

GFORCE said:
Hi,

I have a 2003 A4 1.8 T-sport Cabriolet.
Ordered some RS6's 19" from Rochford tyres fitted with 235/35/19 tyres

I ordered ET35 offset with 5/112 audi fitting.

They wheels tured up with ET45 ???

Will these be ok to fit ?? :wacko: if so what are the up's and downs to having ET45 to ET35 ?

I received my set last week from Autosport in Bolton, i had originally ordered ET35's but they came as ET45's.

When i queried it apparently there had been a customer with a 03 Cab & under certain circumstances & loads he had felt the tyres scrape the bodywork, Autosport contacted Audi who suggested for the Cab to supply ET45 wheels & at worst add 5mm spacers.

TBH i haven't used the spacers as i'm more than happy with how mine look, it may be aswel for you to enquire about this before sending them back.

are your's 8x19 Rs6 reps also ?
I thought it might sit too far in ?
Saying that I am due to fit a 35mm lowering kit also so now I am not sure what to do ?

send em back mate and order ET 35s from somewhere else.. ET 45 will look nowhere near as good as the ET 35s

cheers Silver, thing is is I lower the car I don't want the tyre catching the running gear.
Also worried with ET35 with 235/35/19 that the wheels might stick out too far ??
I guess the saying is right.......... "if it's got tit's or tyres it's trouble" !!

Rochford always seem to pull that one, They sent my mate et45 when he specifically asked for et35. He put them on anyway and to be honest didnt look any different compared to his original RS6's......before his wife Broad sided them.-Ouch!!!:faint:

GFORCE said:
I guess the saying is right.......... "if it's got tit's or tyres it's trouble" !!

yep my nan allways said that...:crying:

Im no expert on A4s but I dont think you will get any rubbing with that set up 35mm isnt excessively low.. I dont know if you have the money maybe put on the ET 45 wheels you have and use spacers, then if you get rubbing take the spacers off?

they have now offered to collect / pick up the ET45 set and replace with ET35 as per my original order for monday at no extra cost. (damm right too)

Humm, now I am wondering if ET35 really is the right choice ?! Doh:tocktock:

GFORCE said:
are your's 8x19 Rs6 reps also ?
I thought it might sit too far in ?
Saying that I am due to fit a 35mm lowering kit also so now I am not sure what to do ?

Yes mine are exactly the same 8x19's.

GFORCE said:
they have now offered to collect / pick up the ET45 set and replace with ET35 as per my original order for monday at no extra cost. (damm right too)

Humm, now I am wondering if ET35 really is the right choice ?! Doh:tocktock:

:yes: thats how it gets you mate, Im like that, Usually turns out that you'll end up sending them back and asking for the et45's again - resulting into you spending another £25 delivery to bring em back!!:)

where can you get these spacers from? are they expensive? i got a set of 18" RS6 reps from rochford, not sure what ET they are, but i think with a 5 or 10ml spacer should look the mutts nutts......

FK automotive do them, Venom Motorsport and Gwent VW are 2 of their Distributors that should be able to help.

P.S, when I fitted the ET35 that finally got delivered they sat so much better then the ET45. So if anyone is thinking of 8x19"'s I advise ET35 on a B6 Cab rather than ET45