New repaint what's polish an wax should I use

K3l HN

Reaction score
Just had car repainted an wanting to get to detailng it was wundering what would polish an wax should I use to give it some good protection.
Cheers Kel

how long ago did you have the paint done as you have to let new pain breath for a bit

no from memory its was 5 to 6 weeks i think maybe wrong thou sure some one will no more

Wow dint think it would matter. Glad you've said. What would you use after that times past

needs to breath mate for how long you leave it before you wax it ask who pained it he should no the right amount of time but up to 60 days or so iv just read ;-) as for what to put on there is so much out there and there are so many ppl on here that no more about it than me tbh but i am using jetseal 109 right now seems good but dont protect the car for as long as it says but before i used autoglym for years and think its good stuff. here is a facebook page for chemical guys they no there stuff https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chemical-Guys/159949434070452

Nice one for that buddy ill have a look at that. I've always used autoglym too but wanting to try the next level lol

yeah i was the same like i say they sell some good stuff and the jetseal is nice to use but think it will take a few goes to get a good build up on the car

I don't mind giving it a few goes to get it looking good the cars black so def want to spend some loving and time on it

oh they do some good stuff for black cars on that page i give you

You should get yourselves over to detailing world. ​A world for detailers...[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]You'll find all the info you need and more. Any questions you can think of has been asked a thousand times over on there. My detailing has come on leaps and bounds since I signed up over there too. You'll find a lot of companies and suppliers on there as well.[/FONT]

Wow dint think it would matter. Glad you've said. What would you use after that times past

Hello mate, I'm pretty new to the detailing world myself but I would certainly recommend 'Blackfire Wet Diamond, all finish paint protection' combined with 'Blackfire midnight sun paste wax'. Rather on the expensive side but IMO it produces great results. I spent 8 hours+ on my car on Saturday and am very happy with the finish this stuff has produced. Also now after the rain we've had it still looks as good as it did the day I did it! As previously said thou it's a lot down to personal preference/process of elimination as there are so many products out there and everyone will tell you something different, but for me I'm defo staying with the Blackfire.

Good reference site is polishedbliss.co.uk very comprehensive and will tell you what's good for individual colours.

Hello mate, I'm pretty new to the detailing world myself but I would certainly recommend 'Blackfire Wet Diamond, all finish paint protection' combined with 'Blackfire midnight sun paste wax'. Rather on the expensive side but IMO it produces great results. I spent 8 hours+ on my car on Saturday and am very happy with the finish this stuff has produced. Also now after the rain we've had it still looks as good as it did the day I did it! As previously said thou it's a lot down to personal preference/process of elimination as there are so many products out there and everyone will tell you something different, but for me I'm defo staying with the Blackfire.

Good reference site is polishedbliss.co.uk very comprehensive and will tell you what's good for individual colours.

Maybe should try this :D i am also new to car detailing since i just got my new car last month :D thanks pal

Been looking at blackfire does look really good from what they say but as you say it's not cheap. Gona go for the poorboys kit it think that looks good an not to expensive.
Going to have a look a that site tonite I've so much to learn. Thinking of going on a course to help me along but bet there not cheap too but be well worth it

I had a panel resprayed and left it 6 weeks before using a sealant on it. I then used Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz spray sealant on it because it's quick and easy. Spray on, spread around, buff off. Just like a quick detailer.

all this talk about leaving it for 6 weeks is all wrong once the paint had dryied and flated then machined you can apply polish

all this talk about leaving it for 6 weeks is all wrong once the paint had dryied and flated then machined you can apply polish

im only going buy what i was told when i worked in the body shop but then things have changed alot as it was over 10 years ago but i dont think it would hurt to leave it 6 weeks with out polishing it any way as it should have been done before it come out the shop as you say

its to let the lacquer harden fully. You'll be surprised how long it stays soft for. I'd use a sealant on it after a few weeks, but nothing that uses pressure to apply.

Think ill do it next weekend just ordered some poorboys dark kit says it should leave it lookin wet got polish a wax and a sealent carnt wait to try it out