NEW Quattro A4 Avant Black Edition

Prognology

Reaction score
Hi all.... New to the forum so I'll start with a a very brief introduction.
Bought my first red Audi A3 1.9TDI Sport (02) in 2004
Changed to a black A3 2.0 TDI Quattro Sport (07) in 2009

Last week I had the day off work so decided to visit my local Audi dealer just for a nosey with a mild interest to changing to something a little fresher.......

A couple of hours later and a test drive which lured me right in I was signing on the dotted line for a brand new.......
White Audi A4 Avant TDI Quattro Black Edition :wacko:

Initially shocked at what I had just done I'm now soooo excited....
Down side is I don't get it until August :(

Anyway.... I have a couple of weeks to add optional extras etc if I want. I've already got full leather and heated seats as part of the deal but apart from that is there anything else any of you guys think I should consider ?

cheers....

Congrats to you, we're in the same family now, picked mine up last month so just to wet your appetite even more, here's mine,

Very very nice 'Soft Lad' and I'm now very hungry lol

Anything you would maybe do different ??

Very nice!
Let the long wait commence,

Front and rear parking sensors are great on mine, peace of mind when manovering. Also not on mine but my missus's golf mk7 is adaptive cruise control. Great bit of kit and if you have the option to add I would 100% recommend it.

Interior lighting package
Electric folding mirrors
S line suspension 30mm (not Sports suspension 20mm) <<< should be free for you, but need to ask for it
Tinted rear windows (after market ones never as good as factory)
MMI High 3g+ with google maps (very expensive to retrofit)

Excellent choice, which engine & box have you opted for? I'd certainly recommend the 3.0 TDI S tronic.
The black edition is petty well specced as standard, but the interior lighting pack is a worthwhile extra and so are electric folding mirrors.
Bummer having to wait till August, maybe worth hanging on until the 1st September for the new 64 plate.

Thanks for help guys.... Lucky enough to have parking sensors, cruise control, and previously glass as part of the package. Interior lighting pack and electric folding mirrors might be worth looking into.

You don't want the S Line 30mm suspension? You're car will look like a 4x4 lol

You don't want the S Line 30mm suspension? You're car will look like a 4x4 lol

Will that not come standard then in the S Line Black Edition ????
If not then Yea def worth looking into especially if it's free lol... Thanks

S-Line has a 20mm drop by default, it's coded as "sports" suspension, the optional 30mm drop is called "S-Line" suspension.

I have the normal 20mm drop and I would not want it any harder, and IMHO it looks spot on too.

I ordered the S Line suspension, lighting pack and advanced key. All A4's cone with powered tailgate which I was going to spec anyway, I had front parking sensors not fitted despite having them in my old one as I found them annoying as I could see the front. Only thing I'd like to have had was folding mirrors but it was an after thought and too late to be added. Not interested in the radio controls by the gear knob, too expensive too.

I just picked up my new saloon last week, White A4 S-Line Black Edt, Quattro 177.
I would say defo get the interior light pack, it amazes me this isn't standard but you'll probably regret it if you don't.
After market window tints as mentioned already.

I also ordered and would recommend:
Tech Pack High/Advanced - This gives you Adaptive Cruise Control With Breaking Guard, and Lane Assist - personally I find normal cruise control pointless nowadays as forever adjusting so not much point in having.
Folding Dimming wing mirrors
Phone Prep High - Again, for the price difference I would recommend, my mate has the new A5 and regrets not ordering this.

To consider:
Auto Hill Hold
Drive Select
Damper Control

I put these on mine and love it, I know its a bit more £££ but to be honest its not a huge price increase, plus I'm sure you can work a deal as I did.

Powered tailgate, not got that on my Black Edition?

I agree about the interior lighting, I not got that either, so not even a glovebox light, Audi, your as tight as a ducks a**

Powered tailgate, not got that on my Black Edition?

I agree about the interior lighting, I not got that either, so not even a glovebox light, Audi, your as tight as a ducks a**

Very good point!! As mentioned here..... without the interior light pack you literally get NOTHING!

Thanks guys... I went back to dealer today and got the Interior light pack and and folding mirrors added on.
I asked about the SLine suspension and the sales man didn't advise it but offered to take me for a drive as a back seat passenger in a saloon version. Almost saddens me to say it but I think I'm past the go-kart stage so opted to stick with the sports suspension.