Q5 New Q5 Facelift..

Lets slap an even bigger tablet into the dash :( I guess they are holding out for the next version before revamping the dash. Considering how many of the lower down cars now have revamps dashes with properly designed screens I would have expected one here.

Looking at the photos, I think I’ll be hanging on to my current 2018 model Q5, as the changes certainly don’t warrant spending a load more cash :greedy dollars:

Reactions: NevMan
Lets slap an even bigger tablet into the dash :( I guess they are holding out for the next version before revamping the dash. Considering how many of the lower down cars now have revamps dashes with properly designed screens I would have expected one here.
It is only a facelift and Audi aren't known for straying too far from something that works. The A4 hasn't, the A3 is more or less a new car as is the Q3...

Nothing there that would convince me to swap my current X3 for one
& what the hell is going on with that exterior colour ...

Reactions: NevMan
Scary what the pricing is, £45k for basic S Line....mad!

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Nothing there that would convince me to swap my current X3 for one
& what the hell is going on with that exterior colour ...

Yep, what an awful colour!! And see price is almost £46k!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Looking at the photos, I think I’ll be hanging on to my current 2018 model Q5, as the changes certainly don’t warrant spending a load more cash :greedy dollars:

Same, I’ll be sticking with my 2018 SQ5 as the changes are so minor

Feels like Audi are out of step with the market now - diesel car popularity is in steep decline with petrol/hybrid/EV in the ascendency... so a raft of diesel engine options plus two petrol options. Nah, missed the boat.

Reactions: Dan_G and NevMan
Feels like Audi are out of step with the market now - diesel car popularity is in steep decline with petrol/hybrid/EV in the ascendency... so a raft of diesel engine options plus two petrol options. Nah, missed the boat.

This is exactly why I won’t get another SQ5 or even S4 - unless they change back to petrol. I don’t understand why they pushed the derv versions on the UK whilst still continuing with petrol in other markets. I see a lot of petrol SQ5’s on the road.

Diesel is a horribly old tech which faces a very uncertain tax future due to emissions.

Reactions: NevMan and cosmicblue
This is exactly why I won’t get another SQ5 or even S4 - unless they change back to petrol. I don’t understand why they pushed the derv versions on the UK whilst still continuing with petrol in other markets. I see a lot of petrol SQ5’s on the road.

Diesel is a horribly old tech which faces a very uncertain tax future due to emissions.

Completely agree @Dan_G

As others have said the ‘Frankenstein’ touch screen bodge from the A4 looks borderline unusable on the move. The only way I can see this as just about OK is using Apple Car-play.

All the other bits of the facelift look good, brings the Q5 into line with the Q3 and Q7/8 family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is only a facelift and Audi aren't known for straying too far from something that works. The A4 hasn't, the A3 is more or less a new car as is the Q3...
The facelift Q7 got a whole new infotainment system which replaced the slide up one on the pre facelift version of the Q7

The new touch-UI controls of the later Audi models really make one want to use the voice control system - which is surprisingly good now.

I’ve been contemplating an SUV and I would naturally consider Audi first. However, I’m blowed if I’m paying around £45K for one. I don’t want one that much!

Also...the F3 Q3 is much larger car than it's predecessor, there is precious little difference in the interior dimensions and has all the latest tech.