Q5 New Q5 Facelift

E60MFK

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new this forum having spent the last 8 years or so on Bimmerpost. My second car is a Q3 (1.4 TSFI Facelift) which has served me well. But now I want to move into a Q5 and the current offers are quite good.

I have £1.5k "equity" in my Q3 and I've been offered a Q5 (Sport TDI 40) with the Tech Pack, Metallic Paint and Rear Seat upgrade for £479p/m with £999 down.

As tempted as I am to change my Q3, I am wary there must be an update impending on the Q5. I am not a fan of a touch screen which has come in the A4 facelift which puts me a difficult position.

Does anyone have any information on the Q5 Facelift or when to expect it?

Thanks!

Autobild is a German car website that usually has one eye on anything new with the German marque's. As orders are about to open for the A4 facelift, which platform the Q5 is based upon, we would expect a facelift for the Q5 to follow...

I’m in a similar position to you. I have the Q3 (2017) but I reckon I am about £2k negative equity.

I would also love a Q5 or at least the new model Q3 but I can’t afford either right now.

I strongly suspect there will be a facelift Q5 in the next year or two. The current model was only released in 2017. As with the A4, they won’t be able to overhaul the interior in line with the Q8 and new Q3. So they will most likely replace the tablet on the dash with a touch screen. If you prefer the click wheel then that’s a good reason to get the Q5 now. However, it might be visibly dated to those with a trained eye.

I’d rather have the Q5 as it was intended rather than a version with the automative equivalent of obvious cosmetic surgery.

The new Q3 makes the current Q5 less appealing as it has the last-gen interior. I imagine the Q5 will get the virtual cockpit as standard just like the new Q3 and the touchscreen (ugh) from the A4.

If you can, I would get a personal loan for your Q3 and you build positive equity within a year I think. Your payments will go up but you will be paying off the full balance instead of just a portion and a MUCH lower interest rate.

Is paying/borrowing your way out of negative equity on a car not a bit pointless? Is it not throwing money down a black hole when you might as well let the 4 years expire and hand the car back?

Yeah you could do that but the main reason you will be in negative will be the 6%+ APR which Audi is charging and that you are only paying off part of the balance and not the whole yet paying interest on the whole value.

Move to a 1.5-2.3% APR loan and you build equity based on the interest you save. Doing it this way is like putting aside an extra £50-100 p/m towards your next deposit rather than handing the car back and then finding £1-2k to fund the next deposit.

So they’ve revealed the facelift Q7 (not a whole new model), and they’ve completely changed the interior to the latest design. I suspect they’ll do the same with the Q5.

In looking at what they done with the A4 B9.5 facelift, as they are the same platform, I wouldn't be so sure the interior will change much aside from a 10" touchscreen being fitted...

I would have thought it would follow the new A4?

Reactions: cuke2u