1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Q3 New Q3 purchase - Buy or avoid?

yetirider Aug 23, 2016

1. yetirider

yetirider Registered User

Looking at the Q3 , would people buy or see it as long in the tooth and avoid?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jbs2472

jbs2472 Registered User

I really wanted the Q3 but after the test drive it just feels dated (especially the heating dials) compared to the A3 (which I own) and the new Q2, whilst I can't fault the ride or quality I couldn't live with the dated interior for 3 years.

I was holding out for the Q2 but after test driving the new Tiguan, I now have one in order and due end Sept.

4. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Registered User

What model of Tiguan did you order .
    I have the old model 2.0 sport and trying my best not to get a test drive cause I would really want one ,. But it would have to be an R line though.

5. jbs2472

jbs2472 Registered User

Went for the SEL 2.0tdi 150 DSG 4wd which has the same spec as the R line (Panoramic roof, Virtual **** Pit, ACC, Full LED's etc + added Electric tailgate and DCC) without the 20s and R-line kit. I test drove the R-line but was just a bit too crashy with the 20s and the SEL has 19s which felt good.

6. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Registered User

That sounds really nice , What colour

7. jbs2472

jbs2472 Registered User

Went for the Indium Grey which isn't to dissimilar to my current Daytona A3.

8. HawkeyeS3

HawkeyeS3 Registered User

Why wouldn't you buy it? The current FL model is really very good, recently sold my 2014 S3 for a 2015 RSQ3 and its one of the better moves I;ve made, so much more comfortable than the S3. Dash layout is more like the A1 than A3 - and if I'm perfectly honest the A3/S3 dash is perhaps a little more modern - that aside, the car is absolutely brilliant. I'd happily buy another.

AMB A3 likes this.
  9. HawkeyeS3

Just to add to my comment above - its a waste of time asking a question about Q3's on this forum, as Q3 owners seem not to be in high numbers and poorly represented - if you really want opinions on the Q3 visit www.Q3ownersclub.co.uk - strangely you'll actually get a balanced view of the range, as they are a pretty realistic bunch on there about Q3's, both good and poor points.

AMB A3 likes this.
  10. Whitestar

Whitestar Registered User

I really like the look of the Q3, but after test driving one I was left rather unimpressed & as others have said the interior is out of the A1.

11. HawkeyeS3

Which one did you drive Pre-FL or FL? I went from an S3 to an RSQ3 (FL version) and frankly find it super impressive. Interior is a mixture of A1 and A3 (on the FL versions), but quite good (helps the wife as she has an A1 and finds it easy to swap between the 2 cars), also super comfy on long runs.

Still everyone to their own, if we all liked the same car, life would be boring LOL

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming...

I don't really understand these posts if I'm honest - if you like the Q3 and want it, sod everyone else ! Please yourself not others....

paul wev likes this.
  14. HawkeyeS3

I can see where you are coming from, but there is no harm in taking a temperature check from existing owners as to what they think is good and bad about various models

For instance, I wish I'd asked about the centre armrest on the A1 we bought my wife - what a waste of money that factory fit extra was, as it gets in the way of the handbrake (and if you were driving a manual, probably the gear lever as well, but her A1 is S-Tronic) and is only ever any use on motorways when you can bring it down when you are cruising.

So asking before buying is just helping others to make their mind up. That aside - I absolutely agree! I swapped my S3 for an RSQ3, and all I got were mails about how could I ever have considered buying an RS with a single pipe - ye gods! Sacrilege!!!

lfcrule1972 likes this.
  15. Whitestar

Whitestar Registered User

It was a FL, I ended up buying an A3 S Line in the end. When it comes to replacing the wife's A1 we're going to have a look at the Q2, the interior of which is straight out of the FL A3.

16. HawkeyeS3

Yep, nice car the Q2, making the most of technology from the latest models.