Q2 New Q2 Owner

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals

I’m back with an Audi Q2 S-Line after nearly two years with a Mercedes GLA....let’s just say I was missing the Audi.

it’s a Q2 S-Line in Nano Grey with Tech-Pack, Comfort- Pack and Driver Assistance pack along with a few other nice things like Nappa leather seats and LED interior lights.

I’m super happy with the Car and I feel right at home coming from an A3 8V. I’m looking to get the Rear Camera retrofitted as I am missing this from the Mercedes as well as some other VCDS mods...for some reason with the newer Audis coding isn’t as easy. Anyways I’ve posted some images of the Q2 below. Love to know your thoughts :)

Attachments

• C1E5E27E-27E3-4FD5-A1CF-09AF50376B85.jpeg
    C1E5E27E-27E3-4FD5-A1CF-09AF50376B85.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 5E45B0B8-C6E7-4D92-9C83-431975B66D83.jpeg
    5E45B0B8-C6E7-4D92-9C83-431975B66D83.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 264
  • E34238C8-A460-45B7-AFA9-51936B2DE8F7.jpeg
    E34238C8-A460-45B7-AFA9-51936B2DE8F7.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 264
  • D352167D-34E2-4CBC-AE6F-8DB959E9C7FB.jpeg
    D352167D-34E2-4CBC-AE6F-8DB959E9C7FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
Reactions: Ormesome, mike260193, Sandra and 1 other person
Hi Callum. Car looks lovely. Hope you enjoy it. Where are you based? We have site sponsors who do retrofit work:)

Hi Sandra, Thanks for your reply. I'm based in Kent but work in Central London, I've been seeing the legendary @DJAlix since my A1 years ago :) I'm sure we'll break in the new Q2 with mods soon.

Reactions: DJAlix
Hey Guys & Gals

I’m back with an Audi Q2 S-Line after nearly two years with a Mercedes GLA....let’s just say I was missing the Audi.

it’s a Q2 S-Line in Nano Grey with Tech-Pack, Comfort- Pack and Driver Assistance pack along with a few other nice things like Nappa leather seats and LED interior lights.

I’m super happy with the Car and I feel right at home coming from an A3 8V. I’m looking to get the Rear Camera retrofitted as I am missing this from the Mercedes as well as some other VCDS mods...for some reason with the newer Audis coding isn’t as easy. Anyways I’ve posted some images of the Q2 below. Love to know your thoughts :)

Heya. Nice Q2. Iv got one too and came from an A3. Nearly got a GLA instead of the Q2 actually but glad we didn’t. I also want to get the rear view camera done, I’ll prob use djalix at vag car coding when I get back to the UK.
There is a Q2 forum if you google it. It’s ok but not much life. I actually spend most of my time asking questions on the A3 8v forum here as the Q2 shares many parts and the A3 section is very vibrant.

anyway, welcome mate!

Heya. Nice Q2. Iv got one too and came from an A3. Nearly got a GLA instead of the Q2 actually but glad we didn’t. I also want to get the rear view camera done, I’ll prob use djalix at vag car coding when I get back to the UK.
There is a Q2 forum if you google it. It’s ok but not much life. I actually spend most of my time asking questions on the A3 8v forum here as the Q2 shares many parts and the A3 section is very vibrant.

anyway, welcome mate!

Hey!

Yeah I used to love being part of the 8V forum it’s a shame the Q cars aren’t as popular online. I definitely need the camera done ASAP, it’s shocking how a few years of using it on my 8V and GLA can make you so reliant. Would love to see some pics of your Q2 :)

Reactions: Ormesome
Hey Guys & Gals

Nice little car, based on the A1 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it’s A3?!:readit:
I thought the A1/Q2 had a lot of commonality and likewise the A3/Q3. The Q2 feels a very much smaller car (like the A1) but I'm open to correction as I'm sure the Audi parts bin is used in many vehicles.

I thought the A1/Q2 had a lot of commonality and likewise the A3/Q3. The Q2 feels a very much smaller car (like the A1) but I'm open to correction as I'm sure the Audi parts bin is used in many vehicles.

i think it’s the underpinnings that are shared with the A3. Most people say the cabin/interior is copied and taken directly from the A3 but it’s completely different if you sit in one. I think it’s actually just the vents and other little switches like aircon and gear stick that are the same but then that’s the same for most of the Audi range. The Q2 is defo way bigger than an A1 but more resembles my 3door A3 (but with 4doors if that makes sense!). Things like the Q2 rear legroom isn’t as much as the A3 sportback but more than my A3 3door. Anyway, the order is messed up. The Q2 is supposed to be the A3 SUV, but then Q3 is supposed to be around the A4 size I think. From what i remember, the odd numbers where supposed to be the normal cars like hatchbacks or estates but the even numbers where supposed to be sportier, at least in the Q range anyway.

i think it’s the underpinnings that are shared with the A3. Most people say the cabin/interior is copied and taken directly from the A3 but it’s completely different if you sit in one. I think it’s actually just the vents and other little switches like aircon and gear stick that are the same but then that’s the same for most of the Audi range. The Q2 is defo way bigger than an A1 but more resembles my 3door A3 (but with 4doors if that makes sense!). Things like the Q2 rear legroom isn’t as much as the A3 sportback but more than my A3 3door. Anyway, the order is messed up. The Q2 is supposed to be the A3 SUV, but then Q3 is supposed to be around the A4 size I think. From what i remember, the odd numbers where supposed to be the normal cars like hatchbacks or estates but the even numbers where supposed to be sportier, at least in the Q range anyway.
A4,A6,A8 saloons contradict your post. Q is the SUV range and whilst the Q2 is bigger than A1 the engines and underpinnings are more A1 than A3 (SQ2 engine is the exception to this.)

Hence why I stated Q range. Q3, Q5,Q7 are or at least where normal SUVs but the Q2, supposed Q4 and Q8 where sportier.

My Q2 has the 2.0tdi with 200bhp. Only in the UK do you get such small engines and a gap from the normal Q2 to the SQ2.