New Project: A4 B5 V6 Tdi Quattro

adamss24

Reaction score
My new project, just picked it up tonight, bought it a few days ago from a well known auction site. The car is a w reg, high spec: sunroof, Bose, climate, double din, cruise, full stainless steel 3" exhaust, de-catted, chipped to 180Bhp, Sachs SRE clutch, rear spoiler,4x electric windows, leather interior and much more... I will just swap the engine- currently building a new BDG later spec engine with new /ported heads, solid camshafts, large nozzles and Gtb2260vk turbocharger so it should shift rather well when finished ! Also H&R antiroll bars, big brakes and sport suspension will also get fitted at the same time...
A4
A4 2
A4 3

Reactions: Sandra
Yeah, i still have a b5 quattro pre-facelift but i ended up selling the engine after a while and slowly lost interest after letting it sit for 2 years ! It was a pre-facelift avant however and it missed a few key components which the "new" one has... My missus also drives a nearly stock b5 saloon but i cannot touch that too much as she does not like tuned cars. I also sold my c5 allroad to one of my cousins and the last c5 allroad i bought it's also promised to a forum member- that leaves me with just the b6 s4 so i am in need of a new project ! S4 is for sale-too expensive to run- so i will try and keep this b5 and my t4 transporter just for long trips and towing duties !

Reactions: Sandra
Didnt you also have a 1.9 quattro saloon that you were putting a big turbo on? You had a thread for that i remember?

So many cars lol, i've had the same two cars for years, couldnt face buying another one after putting all the work and effort into what i've got.

Yeah, got that b5 too, however i sold the bv43 of it and working to fit a gtb2056vl from a volvo, sadly it's not quite plug and play so it's already dragging for too long ! No matter how much work you do on a 4 pot derv, they're still noisy and rough, the v6 is in another league and much, much more rewarding tuning wise !

With me i always get decent offers for the cars i have and the allroad is one of the cars i kept longer...

That's a tidy spec on the new addition Chris; :) x

That's a tidy spec on the new addition Chris; :) x
Thank you ! I do like to keep old cars on the road for as long as I can...Every rich muppet can buy a fast, new car, it's that they don't expect a fast old car to give someone the same thrills !

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and Sandra
Thank you ! I do like to keep old cars on the road for as long as I can...Every rich muppet can buy a fast, new car, it's that they don't expect a fast old car to give someone the same thrills !

I have nothing but admiration for you guys that keep these motors running and looking so well looked after. Its a labour of love and more people should do the same. Keep up the good work Chris. :) x

Very nice car. You're a jammy dodger finding one with a sunroof and Bose sound system. Only thing I'd add is aluminium roof rails for a bit of bling!

Very nice car. You're a jammy dodger finding one with a sunroof and Bose sound system. Only thing I'd add is aluminium roof rails for a bit of bling!
Got rs4 roof rails on another car so they could be swapped pretty easily, however chrome is a bit dated now and i like the murdered look/black on black ! Yeah, sunroof and bose it's quite rare, there's double DIN in there so i can fit a RNSE easily + the cruise control is a bonus...
With a gtb2260vk, bosio race nozzles and a chipped ECU/remap this should really shift as it's a lot lighter than my allroad and that can give a run for the money even to petrol exotica !
Still have to swap a few bits: oil cooler from a 180Bhp model, the side mounted intercoolers might be a botleneck so i am looking at grafting a front mounted intercooler, the boost pipes will be made of aluminium, rear wishbones/suspension will get replaced with 1.8TQS/s4 spec suspension, it will get H&R antiroll bars and a few more goodies ! I will also swap a pair of recaro front seats which i have in the old car so the car will be comfortable to sit in as well !

Talk about resurrecting an old thread but thought i'd chime in - just bought the same model, 8 years later. Same colour, fully loaded spec but completely standard. I would love to know how it sounded with the full 3" system. I'm looking to do something similar as its by far the quietest audi I have owned. Was it custom or are they available for these cars?

Trying to resist the temptation to tune it!

How did the project turn out?

Cheers,
Sunny

Attachments

• Quattro.jpeg
    Quattro.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 118
Talk about resurrecting an old thread but thought i'd chime in - just bought the same model, 8 years later. Same colour, fully loaded spec but completely standard. I would love to know how it sounded with the full 3" system. I'm looking to do something similar as its by far the quietest audi I have owned. Was it custom or are they available for these cars?

Trying to resist the temptation to tune it!

How did the project turn out?

Cheers,
Sunny

I had several 2.5 TDI's.

The DPF has the most sound deadening in it. Remove that and will be real way louder. I have somewhere a video of my 2.5 TDI open pipe.

If you going to full 3". Add atleast good flow cat and some end silencer. I had one that had 3" in and two 2.5" out. Added flap to second output and it droped exhaust noise about -14db when closed. At track they measured before 103db and after the flap mod 89db. It was vacuum controlled by n75 since my car didnt have vnt turbo so i was able to run it that way. but it can be controlled by boost or what so ever