New Polo

bravepilot

Reaction score
May have already been posted, so sorry if it has, but anyone got any opinions on the new Polo... particularly interested in opinions from peeps who have driven one?

Also, new Golf Plus... bit of an oddity, why have VW put this one out?

Cosmetically acelifted polo looks very nice and now in keeping with VW's new grill, but really not much over the original. Engines seem the same, and still quite low on output power compared to other makes.

Golf +, is just there to feel a niche in the market..Ford focus C-max, fusion, etc. But VW will also be releasing a golf estate and saloon, nexy year, called the Jetta.

Jetta's what they called the old polo woth a boot wasn't it?

I thought the Jetta was a Golf Saloon or Estate in the past? They're bringing it back as well, along with the new Fox to take over the Lupo... I suppose at least fox is a half sensible name... the only VW I would drive around in if I were too affected by names would be the Pheaton... but then I cannot afford it anyway (in my dreams), so Polo and A3 it is.

I understand that while the jetta name never really did much here, it was v. popular in the states - as a kind of Poor mans 3-series, perceived as a small and smart european quality saloon that handled well without the initial price tag..
and that the revival of the name is more about building on this success..

They even had a Jetta in 'fast and furious' as I recall..

Still think it looked like an afterthought! (lets stick a boot on this) - much like the laguna or BX estates..

The Jetta was a great car but was overshadowed by the golf. The Bora is a Jetta MkiV and has a much better name...Bora?! honestly!

RIch