NEW PICS OF MY CAR :)

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys just thought id share some pics of my car since i have had a free hour in work this morning :) my car is dirty i know ... but will be getting cleaned today ready for the sunny weekend :D i want to do a few little mods with it but im thinking of getting the roof wrapped in black like some a3's you see and also debating getting the mirror caps painted gloss black like the front grille? what you guys think? thanks
DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

Nice 19's, like the german plates and man! thats a jet washer!!

Nice car. I would give it the photoshop treatment first to see how it looks.
Personally I am not keen on the black roof deal. It's ok if it is the opensky roof but think it cheapens the look if you go for vinyl wrapping. But thats only my opinion.
Mirrors definate yes

ah yeah im defo gonna use the jet wash didnt know aht you meant earlier lol.
i wanted to ge the brushed ali mirror caps but with my car being akoya grey didnt think you would really notice so i thought gloss black mirror caps or like a gloss dark grey like the wheels? what you think?
yeah the roof is just an idea but im defo getting my mirros done :)

I would do your mirros to match your wheels... That should look good!

yeah thats what im thinking gonna take them off maybe over the weekend then and get them to the paint shop :)

hows the ride feels on the 19's? i guess its not lowered and are you going too?

sweet rims! if u ever get rid of them then let me know :icon_thumright:

nice car i have a question about your light switch, you have that extra dial with i/o i was wondering does that control your fog lights to go on and off? I am in canada and i have got the tt switch with aluminum trim and i wanted to know if you or anyone knew how to get my dial with i/o to work.
thanks

Last edited:
The dial with i/o? On my car that's used for the daytime running lights. 1 is on and 0 is off I think...

Nice car by the way.

Nice car matey, I actually debated the black grill, caps and roof on my car too. Quite like the look but think some black wheels would set it up nice imo

i thought it would be a little bumpy on 19"s but it isnt at all quite smooth actually and i dont know if im going to lower it ... i dont really think i need to as of yet
yeah i went out of my way to get those rims in that colour picked them up from a guy :)
im getting the mirror caps done on monday either gloss black like the grille or like a gloss grey like the wheel but not to sure yet... im a little stuck in thought maybe you guys can help?
im not to sure on the light switch im in habbit of only using lights when dark and needed so i use me light switch manually :)
and a little secret ... i never bought a black optics grille i had mine painted :) hehe looks sweeter coz its nice and shiny
the thing i really want now though is a RNS E but im gonna get the conversion kit to double din in a few weeks then im gonna save for a RNS E unit :)

You mention a conversion kit? Just wondering where your getting it from as I'm looking to go the other way, have the double din slot but much prefer the single din layout as I don't like having the big pocket underneath my cd player (aftermarket single din cd player) or is it just a straight swap?

Thanks
Shane

i mean there is about 10 individually parts u need to order from audi/vw/tps which comes to around £130 including switches, card trays, double din cage etc. then i am gonna buy a RNS E headunit coz there sweet :D no you have to do a double din conversion to have a double din as some a3's only have single din like mine ...

Yeah that's what I thought, I think you misunderstood what I meant lol basically I have the double din sized setup now which I have had to use a fascia plate and pocket for to fit my single din aftermarket headunit, I have been looking to convert mine to the single setup the same as you have to make it look neater. What I am asking is if I can find someone with an A3 with a single din setup (same as yours) who would be willing to swap for my double din setup (including card holders, aircon controls etc) would it be a failry straight forward swap?

what i wanted to know was what the dial did the one that you slide up and down i think its the fog light symbol. if you get a chance to try it let me know i would like to get mine working aswell. thanks

im not sure what what you are referring to rick89 i think you mean the headlight leveling switch?
shane i have read on the forums but i think it is a very long job to swap the single din for the double din ... taking a lot of you dash apart to do so but i am only going to swap mine when i have funds for the RNS E ...

shane i have read on the forums but i think it is a very long job to swap the single din for the double din ... taking a lot of you dash apart to do so but i am only going to swap mine when i have funds for the RNS E ...

Fair enough, do you know of any guides as I would be interested to have a read see what is required to do it.

Thanks
Shane

anyone know what that does?

Thats the head lightlevel. You can adjust it up or down. Test it at night. When you sit in the car with headlights on move it up and down and you will see the level of your lights move.

Cheers

I've mentioned above that on mine it controls the DRLs.

1 = on
0 = off

DRLs are inside the Xenons Headlight on my car. Only a Haologen bulb though as mine is a pre-facelift.

UPDATE: just saw someone else comment as say the are the headlight level controller.

So if you have 1 and 0 then it's DRLs. If you have 1,2,3 (Im assuming) then its the beam controllers.

Last edited:
I finally paid attention to the dial in my own car and mine says DRL whereas yours seems to be picture.

I would say do AFN has suggested now and see they are the beam level controllers.

i have the drl switch there aswell and i have the halogen headlights but my drl dial does nothing is there some programming in the vagcom that im missing because i bought the mk2 TT switch with the chrome trim on it. if anyone knows how to make the switch work i would really like to know because its been a year of searching for me and no one has found a way to make it work.

Hmmm probably need some of the guru's here to comment on.

Some things that people would most likely ask:
- What year is your car
- Can you see the DRL bulb (pre-facelift) inside the Xenons or the LED strip (facelift)
- Does you car have OEM Xenon headlights or have retro-fitted them

Sure there are more question people would need to know but these are a start.

My car is 2006 audi a3 fwd and the headlights i have are like the ops halogen bulbs H11. my car has oem halogen lights.