New phone

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had Nokias for years, and my N73 is due an upgrade. None of the new Nokias really do it for me so i am considering a switch to Sony Ericsson. I like the look and feel of the W890i but it doesn't have a flash which is quite disappointing. Also like the K850i but it gets some very bad reviews and write ups. The new C902i looks promising but vodafone are being a bit coy about when it will be available.

Has anyone any experiences good or bad of any SE phones to help me - or does anyone know anymore about the C902? Or even upcoming Nokias?

I use my phone pretty much as a camera/phone only. I have an ipod, so whilst music capability is not essential, some ability would be good.

I don't use email or electronic diaries or any of that malarky!

All opinions gratefully received.

:hi:

I'm getting a Samsung Soul in the next 2-3 days.
I think it does everything you need, including an LED flash.
Like you, I have an itouch for music, so MP3 isn't important in a phone.
I can't help with your Sony Ericsson queries.
I cannot stand exposed keys, so they're out.

I have a SE K850i, I chose it primarily for the camera as it takes very good pictures. Cant fault it so far in 6 months of ownership.

I've never used the music player or the internet on it though - cant see the point on a phone to be honest. Of course it was also free, I wont pay extra on top for the phone!

I've never used the music player or the internet on it though - cant see the point on a phone to be honest.

Neither can I, but there are loads of people out there who want 'all-in-one' gadgets.
Christ knows why, the results are always compromised.

I certainly liked the look and feel of the K850, but read the following report which concerned me

http://www.yourmobilephonereviews.co.uk/sony_ericsson_k850i_reviews.htm

Reading between the lines the C902 looks to be a possible replacement for it :think: but I have reservations about getting a new phone until I have heard some peoples experiences of it. It is advertised as being available by Orange, but not yet Vodafone.

I looked at the Samsung Soul, but I dont really want a flip or slide phone, dunno why, just dont!

SE K850i is an awful phone. I'll ask about the c902.

I'm another one from the phones a phone camp. Althuogh I do have a nokia e90 which is useful for when I am out of the office.

J.

If you buy from a shop ask how many get sent back for repair.

J.

Yes I have read that in various different user reports, but then again Isaac Hunt below said he had no probs in 6 months. It seems that every phone you read has good and bad reports so its a job to know what to do :think:

Yes I have read that in various different user reports, but then again Isaac Hunt below said he had no probs in 6 months. It seems that every phone you read has good and bad reports so its a job to know what to do :think:

Yep very ture, I'm lucky as I work for one of the operators at the moment so am privy to a bit of info. It also means if I get a phone thats troublesome getting it fixed is pretty easy!

J.

Maybe I'm just lucky then! Mine has never missed a beat and takes really good photos.

SE C902 is out on June 15th so going to wait until then before upgrading. It looks :thumbsup:

new jesus phone is out in the summer with the bit missing that it should of had in the first place? ;)

urm, I think Voda has rights for it...

would have to check that tho.... you could always unlock one.

Right I got an SE C902, early days but first impressions are good. Couple of niggles, the screen isnt as big as it looks due to the touch sensitive camera keys, the back light only stays on a few seconds and doesnt appear adjustable meaning with a few seconds the screen is totally black. And on my Nokia when it connected to my bluetooth car kit it would default to 'car' profile, and this doesnt.

Niggles aside, lovely sized phone, easy to use with an excellent 5MP camera, I would recommend one.

hi..

Nokia N95 8Gb all the way, previous to that had N95 , got eveything you need and easy to use ...

But N96 will be out soon and that is in a whole new world on its on.....

Right I got an SE C902, early days but first impressions are good. Couple of niggles, the screen isnt as big as it looks due to the touch sensitive camera keys, the back light only stays on a few seconds and doesnt appear adjustable meaning with a few seconds the screen is totally black. And on my Nokia when it connected to my bluetooth car kit it would default to 'car' profile, and this doesnt.

Niggles aside, lovely sized phone, easy to use with an excellent 5MP camera, I would recommend one.

Can't yu set the car kit to use a certain profile?

I know on my nokia's I have to tell the phone to use a certain profile when I sue my bluetooth car kit.

J.

My last 4 phones have been Sony Ericcson, I dont really like Sony for any thing but I do like the phones, the camera on my K850i is very very good for a phone camera.

Can't yu set the car kit to use a certain profile?

I know on my nokia's I have to tell the phone to use a certain profile when I sue my bluetooth car kit.

J.

No when it connects to my bluetooth car kit it stays on the normal profile. You can adjust it manually to car profile but then have to adjust it back when you disconnect, so I never bother. My N73 used to go to car automatically when it connected. I don't think the Sony does, if it does then I don't know how to do it!! Not the end of the world, but irritating on anotherwise excellent phone ...... And the short backlight time really irritates - as without it light the screen appears totally black.

The camera is awesome though I agree.

hi..

Nokia N95 8Gb all the way, previous to that had N95 , got eveything you need and easy to use ...

Sent back my N95 8GB, it was rubbish, was the size of a small dog and found it very slow and just a pain in the **** to use. New C902i is on order!

I got fed up with Nokia's unreliability! The C902 is a cracking phone - google maps application is awesome!!! As is the camera!

hi..

Agree N95 8gb what more do you want , and it's nice to know you always have satnav with you (gps inc. in phone)

Moderators note: Please use the classifieds section for all wanted/for sale ads

Thanks ASN.