New phone?

Reaction score
I currently have an Ericsson K750 but am thinking of changing contracts to the Tmobile flext one.

I am wondering what phones you guys have and what you think of them?

I quite like the look of the Blackberry phones anyone got one?

Nokia 6280 with Voadfone.

Really simple to use and not bad camera (2MP).

nokia-6280.jpg

I have a K750 on Orange and a works Nokia which has been switched from Orange to T-Mobile recently.

Coverage on T-Mobile is poor. A few people in my work get no signal at all from there homes - and we're only talking about 3 miles outside Aberdeen in a popular housing estate.

So make sure you get a signal on that network before switching!

If you check this website out, it'll tell you which telecom operators have sites nearest you.

www.sitefinder.radio.gov.uk

T-Mobile are ok but there network isn't as good as O2, voda or orange at the moment

[ QUOTE ]
I currently have an Ericsson K750 but am thinking of changing contracts to the Tmobile flext one.

I am wondering what phones you guys have and what you think of them?

I quite like the look of the Blackberry phones anyone got one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just changed to Flex package myself just went for razor phone........you finding this package cheaper than before?...£180 text and talk

Don't do T-Mobile unless you're really sure they cover your area well. I signed up to them a couple of years ago as they had the best roaming costs and I spend most of my time out the country. When I'm home I'm forever borrowing my kids phones on O2 or worse still using my Singapore phone as it's roaming in the UK and has access to any network.

When will the UK networks get together and agree roaming between them if you've no signal on your own network? I wouldn't mind paying say a 15% loading for using a different network if it meant I had signal.

Guys,

Was thinking of the T-mobile Flex as well at £35 a month. Liked the Sony Ericsson W810i and I'm with O2 just now.

Phoned O2 and after a bit of 'banter' they gave me the phone for free and halved my line rental for the 12 month. 12 month contract and only debited £15 not some crappy cash back deal you claim after week 26 1/2 and only get 3 hours to claim......

So basically......I got the phone I wanted for free. I pay £15 for 200 minutes and 500 texts. And its only a 12 month contract. They would have offered other deals i.e. more texts/international calls/more minutes etc but my current allowance suited so they dropped the line rental to £15.

Have heard from a few folk that current subscribers are now keen to keep you and will match/better existing deals which you can get elsewhere.....

Macca666

Yes your friends are absolutely right there, the operators are trying to reduce the "churn" - this basically means the loss of customers to other networks when their contacts expire.

Also, the introduction of the new "3" deal where they pay you for making calls has worried a lot of the bigger operators such as vodafone / orange / O2 etc who will now bend over backwards to keep your custom.

Not Orange, that's for sure. They were really hopeless when I wanted to upgrade - wouldn't budge at all, even though all 4 of us have (had) Orange contracts. Ended up getting a really excellent deal with Vodafone, including one of those neat Samsung 3G phones where you can watch Sky Sports (if that's what lights your fire, and before the battery runs out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ).

flext 35 good contract i got my eyes on the Lg chocolate when it comes out or the new 6230i replacement 6233 or i relly want the tarted up nokia 8800 a bit old but very slick but the chrome gets greese prints.
im with orange now they offerd me the sony ericson w810 for free but tmob got better contract deals. check the phones out which i stated see what you think.

DIPS

My wife was with Orange and changed to T-mob Flex as Dialaphone were giving away a 30gb video IPOD with her Nokia 6111 (amongst others)

When she phone Orange they told her they would match any phone and deal combo however could not offer the free IPOD hence the only reason she changed otherwise she would've taken a T moby contract which Orange would've matched.

I'm on O2, never have any probs with signal with them.
Have you looked at an Nokia N70 or N91?

The new upcoming N80 has built in Wi Fi-Still no proper feedback on them yet to see if they are any good-I think it will be slow for a phone with all the features it will have.

Also T Mobile good tariff's rubbish cust services!

Nokia all the way, 6230i for me :p

why do you have one then ?!?!?!?

It's still a pretty good phone as it's the i version :D
I have just given my mum my old 6630-She is made up with it!

rang up orange they said they will price match t mobz flext 35 but i have to pay £40 for the sony w810i. orange a money hungry n ***** cuz they know they have got the best coverage n good customer service. still waiting some good phones due out soon. still like my nokia 6230i been a good phone still got good features. its all about the classic nokias!

I have a W810i on Vodafone.

The phone is absolutely superb, really impressed, easily as good as my s700i but smaller and better camera.

Vodafone are expensive, thats for sure, but I have nearly 100% coverage most of the time.

I got the 6280 on 3 a couple of weeks ago, quite impressed so far - easy to use (as with most Nokias). Changed the tariff I'm on too - 150 mins anytime any network, 750(!) texts, 25 MMS messages, 25 Video talk and £5 worth of downloads from 3 for £25 a month.

Aldo said:
I'm on O2, never have any probs with signal with them.
Have you looked at an Nokia N70 or N91?

The new upcoming N80 has built in Wi Fi-Still no proper feedback on them yet to see if they are any good-I think it will be slow for a phone with all the features it will have.

Also T Mobile good tariff's rubbish cust services!

Im after the n80 aswell, apparently battery life is ***** but im fine with charging every night, its a lovely looking phone and great spec!!

Aldo said:
Ah

What Network, is the Wi-Fi any good on it?

Im on Vodafone been with em for years so was an upgrade , not used the wifi yet , so cant answer that question. Battery life is not great but get used to that , most nokia's are like that that ive had.
Camera is excellent , 3 mega on a phone , when you consider a few years ago that was a good spec for a digi camera.....

any one seen the new samsung d900 looks proper nice might wait for a bit to upgrade and get that phone

DIPS_A4 said:
any one seen the new samsung d900 looks proper nice might wait for a bit to upgrade and get that phone

If you mean the new E900 then yes it's a great phone. Just got one on 02 last week. I've been a Nokia fan for years but the new N series phones ( symbian platform ) are incredibly slow, bulky and heavy.

Japper said:
If you mean the new E900 then yes it's a great phone. Just got one on 02 last week. I've been a Nokia fan for years but the new N series phones ( symbian platform ) are incredibly slow, bulky and heavy.

Yup, have to agree with Japper on that one, we have the N70's in my office and i've not heard a good word said about them yet + they get incredibly hot when there against your ear for any decent anount of time.

The N series in general are too big IMO although the N92 should be interesting when it comes out

yeah n70s are crap camera freezes 2 many problems i like the new sony w950 looks like a good phone still on a delay gotto wait for that to come out should be good.

I have the N70, I agree with most points on here especially about the hotness while in call, can't imagaine the radiation it's putting out!
I would like the N80 though, will see how they get on with feedback from users-maybe can try get a decent 1 off Ebay!

fingermouse said:
you all running version 5 of the n70 software it improves the phone no end

Yeah, Have checked this on the Nokia Forums-It is better than the earlier N70's. Apparantly aswell when Orange put all their software on it slows the phone down even more so anyone on Orange be warned!

it's all about the n80 best phone on the market to read the spec is great but its so easy to use it a great phone i waited since dec for it to be come out now its out i love the phone.