New performance clutch vibrating on set off in 1st and reverse ???

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone can shine some light on this issue. I have just had my helix autosport clutch and flywheel fitted from AKS Tuning for my S3, and when I set off in 1st it's vibrating and in reverse it's more prominent,

I've done 400 miles on the clutch since fitted and the issue is still present, could this be because the flywheel is out of round ? I know the runout on these has little room for error something like 0.1mm.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved as I'm looking to take it to R Tech in January to get it mapped and don't want anything affecting the outcome of it

Thanks in advanced

Take it back, obviously faulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With your 400 miles of driving, has this been town driving as this is what is needed to bed a clutch in?
I have an RTS clutch on my S3 and I go into Birmingham for the stop start driving. My initial judder is lessening and I am on 350 miles. Tedious but essential. Awesome who fitted it reckoned I would need 500 miles to remove judder.
Having said that, about 3 years ago, my son had a new Helix organic with a new LUK flywheel on a TTS and the judder made the car undriveable. He contacted AKS and as they had fitted it, they changed it with no hassle

I live in a hilly area and all driving has been town driving yes hopefully after the a few more hundred miles it will Improve but the garage have said if it hasn't they will take a look again at no extra cost.

Thanks for all the replies guys