New Pads and Discs

jackiechan

Reaction score
New Brake pads All Round and New Front discs ordered from Euro Car Parts (non OEM), got a mechanic mate to install them.

£150 all in!!!!!! GOOD AS NEW!!

A damn site better than the £400 Audi wanted to charge me.

Apparently the non OEM ones are just as good and I have decided never ever to go to a dealers to get my brakes done again.

Another thing, when Audi checked my brakes for wear when the car was in cause of the brake warning lamp. They completely failed to tell me about the 3 critically damaged tyres that my mechanic found whilst putting the brakes in! The tyres had severe wear on the inside due to the dodgy tracking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

£330 for 3 new tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif plus £200 to track the car (from Audi) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I TRIED LOOKING ON EURO CAR PARTS SITE FOR DISCS AND PADS FOR FRONT ON MY A6 2.5TDI,

THERE ARE SO MANY VARIATIONS!
WHICH ONES DO I CHOOSE?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

WANT SOME DECENT ONES, NOT CHEAPOS

Think you'll find there all ok, I ordered the ATE ones for My S3 and they are identical to the originals, infact the calipers on the car are made by ATE so can't be bad, also got some rear discs from Febi I think and again couldn't tell the difference from the ones on the car and they were sooo much cheaper that going to Audi!

Yes, I have the ATE pads and discs too. No discernable difference to the OEM ones. You should call EURO CAR PARTS as they prob have limited updates on their website.

anyone know if there are any uprated ones available?
Drilled/grooved Ebc etc? And pads too! and cost

Hi everyone. I've just joined the forum after purchasing my first Audi - a 1998 A6 1.8T. The car is in need of new discs and pads front & rear - anyone got any recommendations for which ones to buy.
Cheers

I've been looking at Euro Car Parts and will be getting the ATE ones at the weekend and fit them next week sometime, cheers.

Finally, I went to VW and bought my pads and discs after eurocar parts sent me wrong type...twice.

Only cost £137 for genuine front disc and pads and took me under an hour to do them both.

Not a bad day as it turned out.

Just got my CV joint (o/s) to do on friday! looking forward to that one!!!