1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New Owner - Some Questions

Kuyper Feb 10, 2020

1. Kuyper

Kuyper New Member

I included some of these questions in my post to the welcome thread. I hope a little cross-posting is allowed. If not, please advise and I’ll correct immediately.

I just purchase a used 2017 A4 with the Premium Plus trim. I have a few questions about some of the tech features.

I’m still trying to fully understand the MMI, and I’m also wondering how to fully configure it.
    • The prior owner’s info appears to still be stored.
    • The screen prompts in the car suggest I should visit the dealership to get it reset.
    • The MyAudi App (on my iPhone) has a similar message.
    • Some information I’ve seen online suggests I need an AT&T subscription. True?
    • Do I need to go to the dealer to have it reset?
    • Do I need to contact AT&T to get a data subscription for the car? (That’s my current carrier anyway.)

I have an iPhone X, and the Apple Car Play works great when I have the phone plugged into the hard wire connection. I’ve also paired the phone using BlueTooth for calls. But:
    • Wondering if there’s a way to connect to Car Play without having to use the hard wire connection?
    • Is this somehow connected to the WiFi pairing? I don’t seem to be able to get that to work yet either.
    I downloaded the MyAudi App, but during setup it says verification isn’t complete. (I bought the car from a dealer, but it wasn’t an Audi dealer.)
    • The iPhone app says “verification is not yet complete. To make full use of the connect services, please contact your dealer or start the verification again.” Any thoughts?
    • Do I need a dealer to reset this feature?
    • What does it do? Is this related to the MMI?
    • Does it allow the car to connect to the MyAudi App?
    Also, it’s not obvious to me how to get the google earth view on the Nav screen.
    • Perhaps that not a feature, but though it was.
    • Appreciate any suggestions for how to get that feature to work.
    • I’ve seen some suggestions that Google Earth won’t be available much loner (
    On the satellite radio:
    • Is there an easy way to delete all of the prior owner’s presets?
    • The current process seems a bit tedious.
    Finally, there’s only one key. New keys look pretty expensive.
    • Any suggestions for the most cost effective way to get another key?
    I love this car, but just want to activate all the techie bells and whistles! This seems like a great group for help!

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards,
    Brian

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, you must be based across the pond, not in Europe? I believe your Audi connect is subscription based and not free for three years like ours is? Thus you will need to contact the dealership to set this up. What does resetting the MMI do through the menu, as it should erase all setting so you can setup your own account? You cannot do wireless carplay on your Audi, unfortunately either.

Oh, and you might get some more help here? https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Kuyper likes this.
  4. Kuyper

Kuyper New Member

Thanks - I am indeed from across the pond (Detroit, Michigan, USA). Thanks for the insights and the link!

cuke2u likes this.